Affiliation: University of California
- Cigarette smoking as a target for potentiating outcomes for methamphetamine abuse treatmentMatthew Brensilver
Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
Drug Alcohol Rev 32:96-9. 2013..Cigarette smoking occurs frequently among individuals with methamphetamine (MA) dependence. Preclinical and clinical evidence has suggested that the common co-abuse of MA and cigarettes represents a pharmacologically meaningful pattern...
- Placebo-group responders in methamphetamine pharmacotherapy trials: the role of immediate establishment of abstinenceMatthew Brensilver
Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 20:430-5. 2012..The majority of information regarding response in the placebo group from a 12-week trial is obtained early in the trial...
- A retrospective analysis of two randomized trials of bupropion for methamphetamine dependence: suggested guidelines for treatment discontinuation/augmentationMatthew Brensilver
Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, CA 90095, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 125:169-72. 2012..These data provide estimates of the duration of treatment and the degree of responsiveness required to persist in bupropion treatment...
- Longitudinal relations between depressive symptoms and externalizing behavior in adolescence: moderating effects of maltreatment experience and genderMatthew Brensilver
Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA90024 USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 40:607-17. 2011..Consistent with previous findings, the results suggest that girls, particularly maltreated girls, who exhibit early externalizing behavior are at high risk for the development of subsequent depressive symptoms...
- Pharmacotherapy of amphetamine-type stimulant dependence: an updateMatthew Brensilver
Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Drug Alcohol Rev 32:449-60. 2013..Behavioural treatments are efficacious, but their impact is limited underscoring the need for other treatment options, notably, pharmacotherapy...