Adam M Brenner
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Supervising the tearful trainee: opportunities for professional growth and learningAdam M Brenner
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Acad Psychiatry 38:497-501. 2014..Suggestions of specific wording of interventions are provided throughout. ..
- The training of psychodynamic psychiatrists: the concept of "psychodynamic virtue"Adam Brenner
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9070, USA
Psychodyn Psychiatry 41:57-74. 2013..The authors enumerate and explore these psychodynamic virtues. They discuss how residency training can best serve to develop these virtues in residents...
- Teaching supportive psychotherapy in the twenty-first centuryAdam M Brenner
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 20:259-67. 2012..The importance of each of these perspectives to an integrated model of supportive therapy is discussed in the context of the teaching and training needs of psychiatric residents...
- Uses and limitations of simulated patients in psychiatric educationAdam M Brenner
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Acad Psychiatry 33:112-9. 2009..The author argues that current enthusiasm for this modality should be tempered with caution about its limitations...
- Can we predict "problem residents"?Adam M Brenner
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9070, USA
Acad Med 85:1147-51. 2010..This study investigates whether data available at the time of residency application can be used to predict more accurately future problems of performance, both during and after residency...
- What medical students say about psychiatry: results of a reflection exerciseAdam M Brenner
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Acad Psychiatry 35:196-8. 2011..The author describes the results of a reflection exercise for psychiatry clerkship students...
- The role of personal psychodynamic psychotherapy in becoming a competent psychiatristAdam M Brenner
Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Faulkner Hospitals, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 14:268-72. 2006
- Can we address the shortage of psychiatrists in the correctional setting with exposure during residency training?Brian S Fuehrlein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Community Ment Health J 48:756-60. 2012..Given the severe shortage of mental health providers in correctional facilities it is important to expose residents to this and understand ways to promote correctional psychiatry as a career...
- Availability and attitudes toward correctional psychiatry training: results of a national survey of training directorsBrian S Fuehrlein
College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida, P O Box 100256, Gainesville, FL, 32610, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 41:244-50. 2014....