E C Breen
Affiliation: University of California
- Circulating CD8 T cells show increased interferon-gamma mRNA expression in HIV infectionE C Breen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1747, USA
Cell Immunol 178:91-8. 1997..No differences in IFN-gamma mRNA levels were seen among HIV+ stratified by CD4 T cell number. Increased IFN-gamma may result from or be a contributing factor to increased viral load...
- Cytokine gene expression occurs more rapidly in stimulated peripheral blood mononuclear cells from human immunodeficiency virus-infected personsE C Breen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1740, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 7:769-73. 2000....
- Viral interleukin 6 stimulates human peripheral blood B cells that are unresponsive to human interleukin 6E C Breen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Cell Immunol 212:118-25. 2001..This suggests that the ability of vIL6 to stimulate B cells expressing little or no CD126'IL6R' allows it to act on a larger pool of target B cells, compared to human IL6...
- Mechanical strain increases type I collagen expression in pulmonary fibroblasts in vitroE C Breen
Division of Physiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0623, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 88:203-9. 2000..No difference was detected in strained fibroblasts cultured on fibronectin. These results suggest that fibroblasts respond to mechanical strain in vitro, and this response is signaled by cell-extracellular matrix interactions...
- Nitric oxide synthase inhibition attenuates the skeletal muscle VEGF mRNA response to exerciseT P Gavin
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0623, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 88:1192-8. 2000..These findings suggest that NO is important in the regulation of the VEGF gene response to exercise through increases in VEGF transcription or by increases in the VEGF mRNA half-life...