William O Brant
Affiliation: University of California
- Treatment of Peyronie's disease with oral pentoxifyllineWilliam O Brant
Neurourology and Erectile Dysfunction, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 3:111-5; quiz 116. 2006..A 51-year-old male presented with a penile deformity without obvious etiology. Physical examination revealed hard plaques in the dorsal and ventral penis...
- Gonadoblastoma and Turner syndromeWilliam O Brant
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0738, USA
J Urol 175:1858-60. 2006..Recently, modern sophisticated genotyping has revealed a subgroup of TS cases with a mosaic karyotype expressing a Y chromosome. We sought to evaluate this group of patients and address their risk of gonadoblastoma...
- Surgical Atlas. Correction of Peyronie's disease: plaque incision and graftingWilliam O Brant
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
BJU Int 97:1353-60. 2006
- Isolated septal fibrosis or hematoma--atypical Peyronie's disease?William O Brant
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0738, USA
J Urol 177:179-82; discussion 183. 2007..We frequently examine patients with suspected Peyronie's disease ultrasonographically and have noted a subset of patients in whom we could identify only a circumscribed septal lesion. We identified characteristics of these patients...
- Complications of porcine small intestine submucosa graft for Peyronie's diseaseBenjamin N Breyer
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 094143, USA
J Urol 177:589-91. 2007..We report outcomes and complications of the use of porcine small intestine submucosa for correcting penile curvature due to Peyronie's disease...
- Upregulation of penile brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and activation of the JAK/STAT signalling pathway in the major pelvic ganglion of the rat after cavernous nerve transectionAnthony J Bella
Knuppe Molecular Urology Laboratory, Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0738, USA
Eur Urol 52:574-80. 2007....
- Penile sonographic and clinical characteristics in men with Peyronie's diseaseJames F Smith
University of California Department of Urology, 1600 Divisadero, Box 1695, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Sex Med 6:2858-67. 2009..Ultrasonography of the penis is readily available to the urologist and gives good anatomic detail of soft tissue structures. It has not been widely utilized in the assessment of Peyronie's disease (PD)...
- Neurturin enhances the recovery of erectile function following bilateral cavernous nerve crush injury in the ratAnthony J Bella
Knuppe Molecular Urology Laboratory and Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Brachial Plex Peripher Nerve Inj 2:5. 2007..We present the first in vivo report of the effects of neurturin upon the recovery of erectile function following bilateral cavernous nerve crush injury in the rat...
- Approach to management of penile fracture in men with underlying Peyronie's diseaseThomas X Minor
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Urology 68:858-61. 2006..PD is an acquired inflammatory condition of the penis that can cause fibrotic, nonexpansile thickening of the tunica albuginea, resulting in a focal bend or narrowing on erection...
- Non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION) and phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitorsAnthony J Bella
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0738, USA
Can J Urol 13:3233-8. 2006..To determine whether a causative relationship exists between non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION) and the use of phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitors for the treatment of erectile dysfunction...
- 16-Dot procedure for penile curvatureWilliam O Brant
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
J Sex Med 4:277-80. 2007
- Peyronie's disease (CME)Anthony J Bella
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, University of Ottawa, Canada
J Sex Med 4:1527-38. 2007..Despite progress in the understanding of PyD on several fronts, it remains a physically and psychologically devastating condition for the affected patient and partner...