- Development and Validation of an Instrument Measuring Theory-Based Determinants of Monitoring Obesogenic Behaviors of Pre-Schoolers among Hispanic Mothers
Department of Health and amp Exercise Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 13:. 2016
..Researchers and community planners working with Hispanic families can use this instrument to measure theory-based determinants of parenting behaviors related to preschoolers' consumption of fruits and vegetables, and SSB. ..
- A true challenge for any superhero: an evaluation of a comic book obesity prevention program
Department of Health and Exercise Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Fam Community Health 36:63-76. 2013
..005), physical activities (P < .004), and water and sugar-free beverage consumption (P < .001) and self-efficacy for fruit and vegetable consumption (P < .015) and physical activities (P < .009)...
- After-school based obesity prevention interventions: a comprehensive review of the literature
Department of Health and Exercise Science, The University of Oklahoma, 1401 Asp Avenue, HHC 112, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 9:1438-57. 2012
..Recommendations for enhancing the effectiveness of after school based childhood obesity interventions are presented...
- Using the theory of planned behavior to predict two types of snack food consumption among Midwestern upper elementary children: implications for practice
The University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, USA
Int Q Community Health Educ 32:41-55. 2011
..Future interventions should consider using this theoretical framework and aim to enhance children's attitudes, perceived control, and subjective norms towards snack food consumption...
- A process evaluation of a social cognitive theory-based childhood obesity prevention intervention: the Comics for Health program
University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, USA
Health Promot Pract 14:189-98. 2013
..These findings will be used to help explain the results of this intervention and make recommendations for future intervention efforts...
- Assessment of factors that predict physical activity among Oklahoma clergy: a theory of planned behavior approach
Department of Health and Exercise Science, The University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Fam Community Health 36:193-203. 2013
..8% of the variance of physical activity whereas attitudes, subjective norms, and perceived behavioral control accounted for 54.8% of the variance of intention. Implications for intervention development are discussed...
- The Use of the Internet for Prevention of Binge Drinking Among the College Population: A Systematic Review of Evidence
Health and Exercise Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, USA
Alcohol Alcohol 50:526-35. 2015
..The purpose of this study was to conduct a systematic review of Internet-based interventions targeting binge drinking among the college population...
- The role of Emotional Intelligence in mental health and Type D personality among young adults
The University of Oklahoma, Norman
Int Q Community Health Educ 34:351-65. 2013
..Cut-off points for each scale were also helpful in interpreting the relatedness of EI to mental health. ..
- Comparing the utility of the theory of planned behavior between boys and girls for predicting snack food consumption: implications for practice
1The University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, USA
Health Promot Pract 15:134-40. 2014