Genomes and Genes
PAUL R BRAKEMAN
Affiliation: University of California
- Nectin proteins are expressed at early stages of nephrogenesis and play a role in renal epithelial cell morphogenesisPAUL R BRAKEMAN
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Box 0748, San Francisco, California 94143 0748, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F564-74. 2009....
- Vesicoureteral reflux, reflux nephropathy, and end-stage renal diseasePaul Brakeman
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0532, USA
Adv Urol . 2008..To review the contribution of vesicoureteral reflux and reflux nephropathy to end-stage renal disease...
- Rac1 is required for reorientation of polarity and lumen formation through a PI 3-kinase-dependent pathwayKathleen D Liu
Division of Nephrology, University of California, San Francisco, Box 2140, San Francisco, CA 94143 2140, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1633-40. 2007..This effect cannot be overcome by constitutively active Rac1, demonstrating that both Rac1 and atypical PKC are required for reorientation of cellular polarity...
- p120 catenin is required for normal renal tubulogenesis and glomerulogenesisDENISE K MARCIANO
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Development 138:2099-109. 2011..Taken together, our data show that p120ctn is required for early tubule and glomerular morphogenesis, as well as control of luminal diameter, probably through regulation of cadherins...
- Transient hyperglycemia affects the extent of ischemia-reperfusion-induced renal injury in ratsRyutaro Hirose
Department of Surgery, Divisionof Transplantation, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0648, USA
Anesthesiology 108:402-14. 2008..The goal of this study was to examine whether transient hyperglycemia during or after renal ischemia-reperfusion increased renal dysfunction...
- Renal repair and recoveryKathleen D Liu
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Crit Care Med 36:S187-92. 2008..To review the cellular and molecular mechanisms of renal repair and recovery after acute kidney injury (AKI)...