James P Bradley
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Arthroscopic capsulolabral reconstruction for posterior instability of the shoulder: a prospective study of 200 shouldersJames P Bradley
Burke and Bradley Orthopedics, 200 Delafield Road, Suite 4010, Pittsburgh, PA 15215, USA
Am J Sports Med 41:2005-14. 2013..There are few reports in the literature detailing the arthroscopic treatment of unidirectional posterior shoulder instability...
- Operative management of partial-thickness tears of the proximal hamstring muscles in athletesKarl F Bowman
Harbour Sports Medicine, Wardell Orthopaedics, Suffolk, VA, USA
Am J Sports Med 41:1363-71. 2013..Although nonoperative treatment is frequently met with limited success, there is a paucity of data on the efficacy of surgical management for partial proximal hamstring tears in the active and athletic population...
- Arthroscopic capsulolabral reconstruction for posterior instability of the shoulder: a prospective study of 100 shouldersJames P Bradley
Burke and Bradley Orthopaedics, St Margarets Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15215, USA
Am J Sports Med 34:1061-71. 2006..There are few reports in the literature detailing arthroscopic treatment of unidirectional posterior shoulder instability...
- Glenohumeral range of motion deficits and posterior shoulder tightness in throwers with pathologic internal impingementJoseph B Myers
ATC, Neuromuscular Research Laboratory, UPMC Center for Sports Medicine, 3200 South Water Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, USA
Am J Sports Med 34:385-91. 2006..Yet these contributors have not been identified in throwers with internal impingement...
- Arthroscopic capsulolabral reconstruction of the type VIII superior labrum anterior posterior lesion: mean 2-year follow-up on 13 shouldersShane Seroyer
University of Pittsburgh, Center for Sports Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15203, USA
Am J Sports Med 35:1477-83. 2007..No reports in the literature describe arthroscopic treatment of a type VIII superior labrum anterior posterior lesion and its associated glenohumeral instability...
- Arthroscopic management of posterior instabilityJames P Bradley
Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Orthop Clin North Am 41:339-56. 2010..While postoperative results are generally good to excellent after stabilization for RPS, there is room for improvement...
- Decision making in the in-season athlete with shoulder instabilityJames P Ward
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 3200 South Water Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, USA
Clin Sports Med 32:685-96. 2013..Return to play may be considered 6 month postoperatively for the nonthrowing athlete and 9 months postoperatively for the overhead-throwing athlete...
- Scapular position and orientation in throwing athletesJoseph B Myers
Neuromuscular Research Laboratory, Sports Medicine and Nutrition, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Sports Med 33:263-71. 2005..Despite the recognized importance of proper 3-dimensional motion of the scapula in throwers, minimal research has quantified scapular position and orientation in throwing athletes...
- Thermal capsulorrhaphy for shoulder instabilityJon K Sekiya
Center for Sports Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Instr Course Lect 52:65-80. 2003..When used in the proper manner for the correct indications, thermal capsulorrhaphy can be an effective adjunct in treating shoulder instability arthroscopically...
- Shoulder proprioception and function following thermal capsulorraphyScott M Lephart
Neuromuscular Research Laboratory, Musculoskeletal Research Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15203, USA
Arthroscopy 18:770-8. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate proprioception and function following thermal capsulorraphy...
- Magnetic resonance appearance of posterosuperior labral peel back during humeral abduction and external rotationCamilo G Borrero
Department of Radiology, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Skeletal Radiol 39:19-26. 2010....
- Arthroscopic management of posterior shoulder instability: diagnosis, indications, and techniqueJames P Bradley
Burke and Bradley Orthopaedics, 200 Delafield Road, St Margarets Hospital, Suite 4010, Pittsburgh, PA 15215, USA
Clin Sports Med 27:649-70. 2008..Conservative and operative management of posterior instability is individualized to meet the demands of its diverse patient population, ranging from post-traumatic instability in contact athletes to RPSs in overhead athletes...
- Management of Morel-Lavallee lesion of the knee: twenty-seven cases in the national football leagueSamir G Tejwani
University of Pittsburgh, Center for Sports Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15203, USA
Am J Sports Med 35:1162-7. 2007..It also occurs in the knee as a result of shearing trauma during football and is a distinct lesion from prepatellar bursitis and quadriceps contusion...
- Grade 1 or "ding" concussions in high school athletesMark R Lovell
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15203, USA
Am J Sports Med 32:47-54. 2004..The purpose of this study was to assess the utility of a current concussion management guideline in classifying and managing mild concussion...
- Sports-related muscle injury in the lower extremityDerek R Armfield
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Clin Sports Med 25:803-42. 2006
- Effect of Glenoid Version and Width on Outcomes of Arthroscopic Posterior Shoulder StabilizationCraig S Mauro
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Sports Med 44:941-7. 2016..No clear relationship has been established between glenohumeral morphologic characteristics and the risk for posterior shoulder instability or with outcomes after treatment...
- All-inside patellar tendon anterior cruciate ligament reconstructionJames P Bradley
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Sports Med Arthrosc 17:252-8. 2009..The rationale and technique for All-Inside bone-patellar tendon-bone autograft or allograft single-bundle ACL reconstruction is presented...
- Recovery of chondrocyte metabolic activity after thermal exposureLee D Kaplan
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Am J Sports Med 31:392-8. 2003..The relationship between temperature elevation and thermal exposure time during thermal chondroplasty has implications for cell viability and subsequent articular cartilage function...
- Decision making: operative versus nonoperative treatment of acromioclavicular joint injuriesJames P Bradley
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 200 Delafield Road, Suite 4010, Pittsburgh, PA 15215, USA
Clin Sports Med 22:277-90. 2003..For those patients who fail conservative management, a multitude of surgical techniques, such as the modified Weaver-Dunn procedure, exist to reconstruct the AC joint...
- Arthroscopic capsulolabral repair for posterior shoulder instability in throwing athletes compared with nonthrowing athletesChristopher A Radkowski
Pittsburgh Bone and Joint Surgeons, 1321 Fifth Avenue, McKeesport, PA 15132, USA
Am J Sports Med 36:693-9. 2008..There are limited studies evaluating arthroscopic treatment of unidirectional posterior shoulder instability in overhead-throwing athletes...
- Scapular dysfunction in throwers with pathologic internal impingementKevin G Laudner
School of Kinesiology and Recreation, Illinois State University, Normal 61790, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 36:485-94. 2006..Case control group study...
- Temporomandibular joint bony ankylosis: comparison of treatment with transport distraction osteogenesis or the matthews device arthroplastyJoubin S Gabbay
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Craniofac Surg 17:516-22. 2006..Our data showed that for congenital TMJ bony ankylosis both transport distraction osteogenesis and Matthews Device arthroplasty techniques were successful initially; however, the Matthews Device arthroplasty avoided long-term relapse...
- Prospective evaluation of thermal capsulorrhaphy for shoulder instability: indications and results, two- to five-year follow-upDonald F D'Alessandro
Shoulder and Elbow Center, Miller Orthopaedic Clinic, Charlotte, North Carolina, 28203, USA
Am J Sports Med 32:21-33. 2004..Although this procedure has become very popular, minimal peer-reviewed literature is available to justify its widespread use...
- Recent advances in the evaluation and treatment of shoulder instability: anterior, posterior, and multidirectionalJeffrey S Abrams
Arthroscopy 18:1-13. 2002
- Monobloc advancement by distraction osteogenesis decreases morbidity and relapseJames P Bradley
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 118:1585-97. 2006..To see whether distraction of the monobloc segment offered decreased morbidity, the authors compared clinical outcomes of patients who underwent conventional monobloc advancement with those of patients who underwent monobloc distraction...
- Mandibular distraction for micrognathia and severe upper airway obstructionDavid L Mandell
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:344-8. 2004..To determine whether the use of mandibular distraction osteogenesis (DOG) can help to avoid tracheotomy or achieve decannulation in patients with mandibular hypoplasia and severe upper airway obstruction...
- Hung span method of scaphocephaly reconstruction in patients with elevated intracranial pressureJoseph G McCarthy
Institute of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Department of Neurosurgery, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:2009-18. 2002
- Anterior cruciate ligament injuries in the National Football League: epidemiology and current treatment trends among team physiciansJames P Bradley
Burke Bradley Orthopedics, University of Pittsburgh Department of Sports Medicine, Pittsburgh PA, USA
Arthroscopy 18:502-9. 2002..To review the epidemiology of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries in the National Football League (NFL) and current treatment trends within this population...