Richard D Boyce
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Bridging islands of information to establish an integrated knowledge base of drugs and health outcomes of interestRichard D Boyce
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Drug Saf 37:557-67. 2014..It will also yield a reference standard of drug-HOI pairs that will enable more advanced methodological research that empirically evaluates the performance of drug safety analysis methods...
- Dynamic enhancement of drug product labels to support drug safety, efficacy, and effectivenessRichard D Boyce
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Offices at Baum, 5607 Baum Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Biomed Semantics 4:5. 2013..The baseline performance characteristics of the proof-of-concept will enable further technical and user-centered research on robust methods for scaling the approach to the many thousands of product labels currently on the market. ..
- Inhibitory metabolic drug interactions with newer psychotropic drugs: inclusion in package inserts and influences of concurrence in drug interaction screening softwareRichard D Boyce
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 46:1287-98. 2012....
- Computing with evidence Part I: A drug-mechanism evidence taxonomy oriented toward confidence assignmentRichard Boyce
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, VALE M, PA 15260, USA
J Biomed Inform 42:979-89. 2009..We also present the algorithm that the DIKB uses to identify patterns of evidence support that are indicative of fallacious reasoning by the evidence-base curators...
- A review of the effectiveness of antidepressant medications for depressed nursing home residentsRichard D Boyce
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:326-31. 2012..Despite a significant increase in the rate of antidepressant prescribing over the past several decades, little is known about the effectiveness of these agents in the NH population...
- iCODEHOP: a new interactive program for designing COnsensus-DEgenerate Hybrid Oligonucleotide Primers from multiply aligned protein sequencesRichard Boyce
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, UPMC Cancer Pavilion, Suite 301, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:W222-8. 2009..It also allows the user to bias primer design to favor specific clades or sequences using sequence weights. iCODEHOP is freely available to all interested researchers at https://icodehop.cphi.washington.edu/i-codehop-context/Welcome...
- Use and perceived benefits of mobile devices by physicians in preventing adverse drug events in the nursing homeSteven M Handler
Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center GRECC, Veterans Affairs Pittsburgh Healthcare System VAPHS, Pittsburgh, PA Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion CHERP, VAPHS, Pittsburgh, PA Geriatric Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Geroinformatics Research and Training Program, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA Electronic address
J Am Med Dir Assoc 14:906-10. 2013..The goal of this study was to conduct a survey of a nationally representative sample of NH physicians to quantify the use and perceived benefits of mobile devices in preventing ADEs in the NH setting...
- Age-related changes in antidepressant pharmacokinetics and potential drug-drug interactions: a comparison of evidence-based literature and package insert informationRichard D Boyce
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 10:139-50. 2012..Little is known about the best source of pharmacotherapy information to consult about key factors necessary to safely prescribe these medications to older patients...
- Using Nonexperts for Annotating Pharmacokinetic Drug-Drug Interaction Mentions in Product Labeling: A Feasibility StudyHarry Hochheiser
Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, United States
JMIR Res Protoc 5:e40. 2016..The use of nonexperts to annotate potential drug-drug interaction (PDDI) mentions in drug product label annotation may be a means of lessening the burden of manual curation...
- Bringing clinical pharmacogenomics information to pharmacists: A qualitative study of information needs and resource requirementsKatrina M Romagnoli
Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, United States Electronic address
Int J Med Inform 86:54-61. 2016..Understanding those needs is critical to design information resources that help pharmacists effectively apply pharmacogenomics information...