Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- The long-term treatment outcomes of depression and anxiety comorbid with substance abuseG Bovasso
Treatment Research Center, Philadelphia, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 28:42-57. 2001..The results may improve understanding of the degree to which treatment of a primary disorder may prevent the incidence or reduce the prevalence of a secondary comorbid disorder...
- Predictive validity of the Addiction Severity Index's composite scores in the assessment of 2-year outcomes in a methadone maintenance populationG B Bovasso
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 15:171-6. 2001..The results support the predictive validity of most of the ASI CSs as measures of specific problems as well as the validity of the multidimensional construct on which the ASI is based...
- Cannabis abuse as a risk factor for depressive symptomsG B Bovasso
University of Pennsylvania Treatment Research Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Psychiatry 158:2033-7. 2001..This study sought to estimate the degree to which cannabis abuse is a risk factor for depressive symptoms rather than an effort to self-medicate depression...
- Suggested specifications for a standardized Addiction Severity Index databaseD Carise
The Treatment Research Institute, The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 20:239-44. 2001..The potential applications from such a database would benefit treatment providers/clinicians and researchers as well as payers and policy makers...
- Staff beliefs about addiction treatmentR F Forman
Treatment Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 21:1-9. 2001..Individuals with more formal training tended to be less supportive of confrontation and more supportive of the increased use of medications. Implications for the clinical trials and technology transfer are discussed...