Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- HIV Stigma, Testing Attitudes and Health Care Access Among African-Born Men Living in the United StatesCarol Bova
Graduate School of Nursing, University of Massachusetts Worcester, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA, 01655, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 18:187-93. 2016..More work is needed to enhance these AHC aspects and address stigma and privacy concerns related to using onsite health screenings. Continuing to develop novel strategies to educate African-born immigrants about HIV is urgently needed. ..
- Reframing the influence of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act on researchCarol Bova
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Graduate School of Nursing, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Chest 141:782-6. 2012..Finally, we suggest that the principles of HIPAA be considered when conducting studies in international settings...
- Adjustment to chronic illness among HIV-infected womenC Bova
University of Massachusetts at Worcester, Division of Infectious Diseases, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 33:217-23. 2001..To identify factors that influence adjustment to chronic illness among HIV-infected women, using the cognitive appraisal model of stress and coping...
- Sexual functioning among HIV-infected womenCarol Bova
Department of Nursing and Medicine, Graduate School of Nursing, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 17:75-83. 2003..Patterns of sexual behavior among HIV-infected women require continued study as we search for more effective means to prevent secondary HIV transmission...
- Use of electronic monitoring devices to measure antiretroviral adherence: practical considerationsCarol A Bova
Graduate School of Nursing and Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
AIDS Behav 9:103-10. 2005..Results of this study suggest that EMDs may underestimate antiretroviral adherence among HIV-infected adults. Recommendations for improving EMD data quality are presented...
- Adjusting and censoring electronic monitoring device data. Implications for study outcomesKristopher P Fennie
Yale University School of Nursing New Haven, Connecticut 06536, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:S88-95. 2006..Recommendations are given regarding what information should be included in publications that report results based on EMD data so as to facilitate comparisons between studies...
- Home visits to improve adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy: a randomized controlled trialAnn B Williams
Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:314-21. 2006..Data are needed to justify the use of limited resources for these programs...