Affiliation: University of California
- Endothelial-mesenchymal transition in atherosclerotic lesion calcificationKRISTINA I BOSTROM
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA The Molecular Biology Institute at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1570, USA Electronic address
Atherosclerosis 253:124-127. 2016..Endothelial-mesenchymal transitions (EndMTs) in endothelial cells (ECs) contribute to vascular disease...
- Where do we stand on vascular calcification?KRISTINA I BOSTROM
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Box 951679, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, United States Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA, United States Electronic address
Vascul Pharmacol 84:8-14. 2016..This review provides a brief overview of where we stand in our understanding of vascular calcification, facing the challenge of translating this knowledge into viable preventive and therapeutic strategies. ..
- Concise review: applying stem cell biology to vascular structuresKRISTINA I BOSTROM
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Stem Cells 30:386-91. 2012..Loss and dysregulation of feedback control cause a variety of diseases that involve ectopic tissue formation, including atherosclerotic lesion formation and calcification, diabetic vasculopathies, and arteriovenous malformations...
- The regulation of valvular and vascular sclerosis by osteogenic morphogensKRISTINA I BOSTROM
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 LeConte Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Circ Res 109:564-77. 2011..These inhibitory pathways and their regulators afford the development of novel therapeutic strategies to prevent and treat valve and vascular sclerosis...
- Matrix GLA protein stimulates VEGF expression through increased transforming growth factor-beta1 activity in endothelial cellsKRISTINA BOSTROM
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Box 951679, Rm 47 123 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
J Biol Chem 279:52904-13. 2004..Together, the results suggest that MGP plays a role in EC function, altering the response to TGF-beta superfamily growth factors...
- Insights into the mechanism of vascular calcificationK Bostrom
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
Am J Cardiol 88:20E-22E. 2001..A potential mechanism that explains these findings is MGP interference with bone morphogenetic proteins-potent inducers of cartilage and bone...
- Matrix GLA protein modulates differentiation induced by bone morphogenetic protein-2 in C3H10T1/2 cellsK Bostrom
Division of Cardiology, Departments of Medicine and Physiology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
J Biol Chem 276:14044-52. 2001..Thus, two subdomains had the opposite effect of full-length hMGP, possibly due to different expression levels or domain characteristics...
- HOXB7 overexpression promotes differentiation of C3H10T1/2 cells to smooth muscle cellsK Bostrom
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
J Cell Biochem 78:210-21. 2000..These findings suggest that HOXB7 plays a role in expansion of immature cell populations or dedifferentiation of mature cells...
- Cell differentiation in vascular calcificationK I Bostrom
Division of Cardiology, UCLA School of Medicine 90095 1679, USA
Z Kardiol 89:69-74. 2000..Alternatively, MGP expression may be an attempt to regulate cell differentiation in the vascular wall, possibly by acting as an inhibitor to a factor able to induce cartilage and bone such as bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs)...
- Calcifying subpopulation of bovine aortic smooth muscle cells is responsive to 17 beta-estradiolM Balica
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine 90095 1679, USA
Circulation 95:1954-60. 1997....
- Activation of vascular bone morphogenetic protein signaling in diabetes mellitusKRISTINA I BOSTROM
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Circ Res 108:446-57. 2011..Diabetes mellitus is frequently complicated by cardiovascular disease, such as vascular calcification and endothelial dysfunction, which have been associated with bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs)...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF MATRIX GLA PROTEINKRISTINA BOSTROM; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the molecular mechanisms of MGP will provide information that is widely applicable to the development of vascular disease. ..