Richard E Boles
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- The Colorado LEAP study: rationale and design of a study to assess the short term longitudinal effectiveness of a preschool nutrition and physical activity programLaura L Bellows
Colorado State University, Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, 1571 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1571, USA
BMC Public Health 13:1146. 2013....
- Home food and activity assessment. Development and validation of an instrument for diverse families of young childrenRichard E Boles
Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA Electronic address
Appetite 80:23-7. 2014..A modified home food and activity instrument was found to reliably identify foods and activity devices with geographically and economically diverse families. ..
- Differences in home food and activity environments between obese and healthy weight families of preschool childrenRichard E Boles
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 45:222-31. 2013..To develop and test a home food and activity instrument to discriminate between the home environments of obese and healthy weight preschool children...
- Confirmatory factor analysis of the Child Feeding Questionnaire among low-income African American families of preschool childrenRichard E Boles
University of Colorado Denver, Department of Pediatrics, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Appetite 54:402-5. 2010..69; Pressure to Eat=0.58). These results suggest further psychometric clarification is needed to understand commonly reported feeding practice constructs among low-income African American mothers of preschool aged children...
- The use of TeleMedicine in the treatment of paediatric obesity: feasibility and acceptabilityAnn McGrath Davis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Matern Child Nutr 7:71-9. 2011..Due to the small sample size, null findings regarding intervention outcome should be interpreted with caution. Future research should focus on methods to increase the impact of this intervention on key outcome variables...
- Young Children's Food Neophobia Characteristics and Sensory Behaviors Are Related to Their Food IntakeSusan L Johnson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO and
J Nutr 145:2610-6. 2015..Food neophobia in children has been associated with poor dietary variety and nutrient intakes. Underlying characteristics that may predispose a child to neophobia have not been widely studied...
- Family Chaos and Child Functioning in Relation to Sleep Problems Among Children at Risk for ObesityRichard E Boles
A Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Behav Sleep Med . 2016....
- Parenting and Preschooler TV Viewing in Low-Income Mexican Americans: Development of the Parenting Practices Regarding TV Viewing (PPRTV) ScaleDarcy A Thompson
Section of Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO Division of Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Texas, Austin Regional Campus, Austin, TX Department of Biostatistics and Informatics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO Department of Pediatrics, Denver Health, Denver, CO Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 37:465-74. 2016..To develop and test a comprehensive, culturally based measure of parenting practices regarding television (TV) viewing in low-income Mexican-American mothers of preschoolers...
- Using participant hedonic ratings of food images to construct data driven food groupingsSusan L Johnson
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Nutrition, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO, USA Electronic address
Appetite 79:189-96. 2014..The notable absence of a vegetable component suggests that individuals' liking for vegetables is highly variable and, from an empirical standpoint, not related to how they respond hedonically to other food categories...
- Persistently obese youth: interactions between parenting styles and feeding practices with child temperamentRichard E Boles
1School of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 52:1098-106. 2013..To assess the interaction of parent and child characteristics with feeding practices and mealtime functioning...
- Health behaviors and weight status among urban and rural childrenAnn M Davis
University of Kansas Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Rural Remote Health 8:810. 2008..Pediatric overweight is currently reaching epidemic proportions but little information exists on differences in weight related behaviors between urban and rural children...