Steven R Blumen
Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Fra-1 governs cell migration via modulation of CD44 expression in human mesotheliomasMaria E Ramos-Nino
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington VT 05405, USA
Mol Cancer 6:81. 2007..These results suggest that Fra-1 is associated with cell migration in human MMs and that Fra-1 modulation of CD44 may govern migration of selected MMs...
- Knowledge and perceptions of quality systems among Vermont laboratoriansSteven R Blumen
Department of Medical Laboratory and Radiation Sciences, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Public Health Rep 125:73-80. 2010....
- HGF mediates cell proliferation of human mesothelioma cells through a PI3K/MEK5/Fra-1 pathwayMaria E Ramos-Nino
University of Vermont College of Medicine, Department of Pathology, 89 Beaumont Avenue HSRF 216, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:209-17. 2008..Data suggest that HGF-induced effects in some MM cells are mediated via activation of a novel PI3K/ERK5/Fra-1 feedback pathway that might explain tumor-specific effects of c-Met inhibitors on MM and other tumors...
- Unique uptake of acid-prepared mesoporous spheres by lung epithelial and mesothelioma cellsSteven R Blumen
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:333-42. 2007..In the treatment of lung and pleural diseases, APMS-TEG may be useful tools to deliver chemotherapeutic drugs or molecular constructs...
- Enhanced uptake of porous silica microparticles by bifunctional surface modification with a targeting antibody and a biocompatible polymerKai Cheng
Department of Chemistry, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 2:2489-95. 2010..In contrast to similarly functionalized nanoparticles, endocytosed microparticles were not contained within a lysosome...