P C Billings
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Expression of betaig-h3 by human bronchial smooth muscle cells: localization To the extracellular matrix and nucleusP C Billings
Department of Anatomy and Histology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6002, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 22:352-9. 2000..The presence of this protein in nuclei suggests that it may have regulatory functions in addition to its role as a structural component of lung ECM...
- Extracellular matrix and nuclear localization of beta ig-h3 in human bladder smooth muscle and fibroblast cellsP C Billings
Department of Anatomy and Histology, University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Cell Biochem 79:261-73. 2000..We propose that although this protein is a structural component of bladder ECM, its nuclear localization suggests that it has other regulatory and/or structural functions...
- Molecular and biochemical mechanisms of Pasteurella haemolytica leukotoxin-induced cell deathJ F Wang
Leon Levy Research Center for Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 4010 Locust Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104 6002, USA
Microb Pathog 25:317-31. 1998..This study provides new insights into understanding the pathogenesis of bovine pasteurellosis and could lead to the development of both preventative and therapeutic strategies for disease management...
- RTX toxins recognize a beta2 integrin on the surface of human target cellsE T Lally
Leon Levy Research Center for Oral Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6002, USA
J Biol Chem 272:30463-9. 1997..These experiments identify LFA-1 as a cell surface receptor that mediates toxicity of members of this family of pore-forming toxins...
- Analysis of in situ protease activity in chronic adult periodontitis patients: expression of activated MMP-2 and a 40 kDa serine proteaseJ M Korostoff
Department of Microbiology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Periodontol 71:353-60. 2000..In this study, we analyzed human tissue samples from chronic adult periodontitis patients to assess the levels of specific proteases and determine the effect of pH and tetracyclines on their activity...
- Authentic matrix vesicles contain active metalloproteases (MMP). a role for matrix vesicle-associated MMP-13 in activation of transforming growth factor-betaP C Billings
Departments of Biochemistry and Anatomy/Histology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 276:11347-53. 2001....
- Activation of transforming growth factor beta in chondrocytes undergoing endochondral ossificationM Dangelo
Department of Anatomy and Histology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
J Bone Miner Res 16:2339-47. 2001..Our findings point to a strict mode of regulation of this potent factor to elicit diverse and highly specific effects during chondrocyte maturation and ossification...