Ajay R Bharti
Affiliation: University of California
- Clinical variables identify seronegative HCV co-infection in HIV-infected individualsAjay R Bharti
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Clin Virol 52:328-32. 2011..A substantial number of people living with HIV (PLWH) are co-infected with Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) but have a negative screening HCV antibody test (seronegative HCV infection, or SN-HCV)...
- Correlates of HIV and malaria co-infection in Southern IndiaAjay R Bharti
University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Malar J 11:306. 2012..Plasmodium vivax contributes to almost half of the malaria cases in India, but the disease burden of HIV and P. vivax co-infection is unclear...
- Experimental infection of the neotropical malaria vector Anopheles darlingi by human patient-derived Plasmodium vivax in the Peruvian AmazonAjay R Bharti
University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093 0741, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 75:610-6. 2006..darlingi mosquitoes, raising the possibility that some degree of naturally occurring transmission-blocking immunity is present on a population basis in the Peruvian Amazon, an area of low intensity of malaria transmission...
- Malaria diagnosis by a polymerase chain reaction-based assay using a pooling strategyAjay R Bharti
University of California San Diego, La Jolla, 92093 0847, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 81:754-7. 2009..Field studies, using serum and whole blood specimens, are needed to validate this technique for the adaptation of these methods for clinical utility...
- Polymerase chain reaction detection of Plasmodium vivax and Plasmodium falciparum DNA from stored serum samples: implications for retrospective diagnosis of malariaAjay R Bharti
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:444-6. 2007....
- Latent Toxoplasma Infection and Higher Toxoplasma gondii Immunoglobulin G Levels Are Associated With Worse Neurocognitive Functioning in HIV-Infected AdultsAjay R Bharti
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego
Clin Infect Dis 63:1655-1660. 2016..Because latent Toxoplasma infection (LTI) may adversely impact brain function, we investigated its impact on neurocognitive impairment (NCI) in people living with HIV disease...
- Fibroblast growth factors 1 and 2 in cerebrospinal fluid are associated with HIV disease, methamphetamine use, and neurocognitive functioningAjay R Bharti
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
HIV AIDS (Auckl) 8:93-9. 2016..We evaluated the relationships between NC functioning and two fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) in volunteers who differed in HIV serostatus and methamphetamine dependence (MAD)...
- A concise panel of biomarkers identifies neurocognitive functioning changes in HIV-infected individualsThomas D Marcotte
Department of Psychiatry, UC San Diego, San Diego, CA, 92093, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 8:1123-35. 2013..While the panels differed depending on the outcome and on the degree of misclassification, nearly all stable patients were correctly classified. ..