Patricia H Berry
Affiliation: University of Utah
- The transition experience of rural older persons with advanced cancer and their families: a grounded theory studyWendy D Duggleby
Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, 3rd Floor Clinical Sciences Building, Edmonton Alberta, T6G 2G3, Canada
BMC Palliat Care 9:5. 2010....
- The pain of residents with terminal cancer in USA nursing homes: family members' perspectivesPatricia H Berry
University of Utah College of Nursing, 10 South 2000 East, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Int J Palliat Nurs 13:20-7. 2007..When family members do not believe that the pain can be managed any better, this acts as a barrier to the resident's access to adequate pain management...
- Ethical issues for hospice volunteersPatricia Berry
College of Nursing, University of Utah, 10 South 2000 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 25:458-62. 2008....
- Confirmatory factor analysis of the pain care quality surveys (PainCQ©)Marjorie A Pett
College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Health Serv Res 48:1018-38. 2013..To examine the reliability and validity and to decrease the battery of items in the Pain Care Quality (PainCQ(©) ) Surveys...
- Initial Psychometric Properties of the Pain Care Quality Survey (PainCQ)Susan L Beck
University of Utah College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Pain 11:1311-9. 2010..95), comprehensive nursing pain care (k = 3 items; α = .77), and efficacy of pain management (k =4 items; α = .87). Results supported the internal consistency reliability and structural validity of the PainCQ survey with 33 items...
- Core aspects of satisfaction with pain management: cancer patients' perspectivesSusan L Beck
University of Utah College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5880, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 39:100-15. 2010..The coexistence of high levels of satisfaction and high levels of pain has been perplexing...
- Measuring the quality of care related to pain management: a multiple-method approach to instrument developmentSusan Larsen Beck
College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5880, USA
Nurs Res 59:85-92. 2010..Research to document the effects of nursing on patient outcomes such as pain has been limited by the inability to measure the quality of nursing care effectively...
- Psychometric testing of three Chinese fatigue instruments in TaiwanShiow Ching Shun
College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 32:155-67. 2006..However, 27% of cancer patients reported that the FSI was difficult for them to complete. Differences in factorial validity between each original scale and its Chinese version indicate a need for further testing in Taiwan...
- Assessing cultural appropriateness of three translated cancer-related fatigue instrumentsShiow Ching Shun
School of Nursing in College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
Cancer Nurs 30:E1-9. 2007..In addition, the result in this study is helpful for clinical nurses to understand expressions of fatigue in cancer patients within the Chinese culture but the meaning of fatigue still needs to be further explored...
- Institutionalizing effective pain management practices: practice change programs to improve the quality of pain management in small health care organizationsKaren M Stevenson
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 31:248-61. 2006..The largest changes occurred in long-term care facilities. Nevertheless, the percentage of patients in moderate to severe pain remained unacceptably high...