Michael J Beckstead
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Methamphetamine produces bidirectional, concentration-dependent effects on dopamine neuron excitability and dopamine-mediated synaptic currentsSarah Y Branch
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Neurophysiol 108:802-9. 2012....
- Mice selectively bred for high- or low-alcohol-induced locomotion exhibit differences in dopamine neuron functionMichael J Beckstead
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 329:342-9. 2009....
- Presynaptic regulation of dendrodendritic dopamine transmissionMichael J Beckstead
Vollum Institute, L474, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR, USA
Eur J Neurosci 26:1479-88. 2007..With increased activity, the release probability decreased and a burst of activity caused a relative facilitation of dopamine release. This form of regulation would be expected to limit activity within the cell body region...
- CRF enhancement of GIRK channel-mediated transmission in dopamine neuronsMichael J Beckstead
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:1926-35. 2009..The results indicate that CRF influences dopamine- and GABA-mediated inhibition in the midbrain, suggesting implications for the chronic actions of psychostimulants and stress on dopamine-mediated behaviors...
- Long-term depression of a dopamine IPSCMichael J Beckstead
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Neurosci 27:2074-80. 2007..Reduced inhibition could increase burst firing and action potential-dependent release of dopamine in terminal regions in vivo...
- Kappa opioid inhibition of somatodendritic dopamine inhibitory postsynaptic currentsChristopher P Ford
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Neurophysiol 97:883-91. 2007..The results thus demonstrate both pre- and postsynaptic actions of kappa receptor agonists. The actions of dynorphin indicate that VTA dopamine cells are selectively regulated by kappa receptors...
- Vesicular dopamine release elicits an inhibitory postsynaptic current in midbrain dopamine neuronsMichael J Beckstead
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neuron 42:939-46. 2004....