Dinesh K Barupal
Affiliation: University of California
- Hydrocarbon phenotyping of algal species using pyrolysis-gas chromatography mass spectrometryDinesh K Barupal
Genome Center, University of California, Davis, USA
BMC Biotechnol 10:40. 2010..Biofuels derived from algae biomass and algae lipids might reduce dependence on fossil fuels. Existing analytical techniques need to facilitate rapid characterization of algal species by phenotyping hydrocarbon-related constituents...
- MetaMapp: mapping and visualizing metabolomic data by integrating information from biochemical pathways and chemical and mass spectral similarityDinesh K Barupal
UC Davis Genome Center, Metabolomics, Davis, CA 95616, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 13:99. 2012..Hence, network visualizations that rely on current biochemical databases are incomplete and also fail to visualize novel, structurally unidentified metabolites...
- System response of metabolic networks in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii to total available ammoniumDo Yup Lee
University of California, Davis Genome Center, Davis, California 95616, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 11:973-88. 2012..Metabolism in Chlamydomonas readily responds to total available media nitrogen with temporal increases in short-chain free fatty acids and turnover of internal proteins, long before nitrogen resources are depleted...
- Induced pluripotent stem cells show metabolomic differences to embryonic stem cells in polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholines and primary metabolismJohn K Meissen
University of California Davis Genome Center, University of California Davis, Davis, California, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e46770. 2012..The identified metabolomics signatures of iPSCs and ESCs may have important implications for functional regulation of maintenance and induction of pluripotency...
- The volatile compound BinBase mass spectral databaseKirsten Skogerson
Genome Center, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:321. 2011..In past decades, sampling methods and instrumentation for the analysis of complex volatile mixtures have improved; however, design and implementation of database tools to process and store the complex datasets have lagged behind...
- Extending biochemical databases by metabolomic surveysOliver Fiehn
University of California Davis Genome Center, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Biol Chem 286:23637-43. 2011..The current status in metabolic databases is reviewed concomitant with tools to map and visualize the metabolome...