Affiliation: University of Hawaii
- Changing pregnancy outcomes of Samoan women in HawaiiG Baruffi
School of Public Health, University of Hawaii at Manoa 96822 2319, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 13:254-68. 1999..Further studies focusing on maternal health status and psycho-social variables, including the effect of acculturation-related stress, are warranted to identify at least some of the determinants of the changes identified by this analysis...
- Ethnic differences in the prevalence of overweight among young children in HawaiiGigliola Baruffi
Department of Public Health Sciences and Epidemiology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, 1960 East West Rd, Biomed C 103, Honolulu, HI 96822 2319, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 104:1701-7. 2004..To compare the prevalence of overweight among young children of different ethnic backgrounds and describe the age pattern of overweight in early childhood...
- Factors associated with ease of using community-based systems of care for CSHCN in Hawai'iGigliola Baruffi
Department of Public Health Sciences and Epidemiology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawai i, USA
Matern Child Health J 9:S99-108. 2005..To study factors contributing to difficulty using community-based services by families of children with special health care needs (CSHCN) in Hawai'i...
- Perspective on racial/ethnic birth weightDavid H Crowell
John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Hawaii Med J 69:216-20. 2010..Sampling of intrauterine growth designed to reflect antecedent intra- and extra-environmental factors and insure uniform racial-ethnic data for any later genetic and phenotypic birth weight modeling...
- Childbirth overseas: the experience of Japanese women in HawaiiHatsumi Taniguchi
School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Hawaii 96822, USA
Nurs Health Sci 9:90-5. 2007..Help from the participants' mothers after childbirth decreased postpartum depression. The importance of mental health for foreign-born primiparas emerges during the perinatal period...
- Samoan parental ethnicity and infant birth-weight in Hawai'iDavid H Crowell
Department of Pediatrics, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawai i at Manoa, Honolulu HI 96822, USA
Hawaii Med J 66:4, 6-8. 2007..Comparative study of racial-ethnic (RE) gestational age (GA) mean birth-weight (MBW) differences for 1968-1994...
- Leadership training in maternal and child healthGigliola Baruffi
Hawaii Med J 64:48-9. 2005