Affiliation: University of Washington
- Palmitoylation at two cysteine clusters on the C-terminus of GluN2A and GluN2B differentially control synaptic targeting of NMDA receptorsHAYLEY A MATTISON
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e49089. 2012....
- NMDA receptor subunit composition controls synaptic plasticity by regulating binding to CaMKIIAndres Barria
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Neuron 48:289-301. 2005..The switch from NR2B to NR2A content in synaptic NMDA-Rs normally observed in many brain regions may contribute to reduced plasticity by controlling the binding of active CaMKII...
- Molecular determinants controlling NMDA receptor synaptic incorporationGranville P Storey
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 7290, USA
J Neurosci 31:6311-6. 2011..This suggests a novel mechanism for regulating activity-driven changes and trafficking of NMDARs to the synapse...
- Control of neuronal excitability by NMDA-type glutamate receptors in early developing binaural auditory neuronsJason Tait Sanchez
VirginiaMerrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Box 357290, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Physiol 590:4801-18. 2012..Thus, before intrinsic properties are fully developed, NMDA-Rs control the output of NL neurons during evoked synaptic transmission...
- Subunit-specific NMDA receptor trafficking to synapsesAndres Barria
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, 1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Neuron 35:345-53. 2002..Thus, as with AMPA-Rs, synaptic trafficking of NMDA-Rs is tightly regulated and has subunit-specific rules with functionally important consequences...
- Regulation of NMDA-receptor synaptic transmission by Wnt signalingWaldo Cerpa
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Neurosci 31:9466-71. 2011..This novel role for Wnt ligands provides a mechanism for Wnt signaling to acutely modulate synaptic plasticity and brain function in later stages of development and in the mature organism...
- Dynamic regulation of NMDA receptor transmissionAbigail C Gambrill
Dept of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1705 NE Pacific St, HSB G 424, Seattle, WA 98195 7290, USA
J Neurophysiol 105:162-71. 2011..Thus synaptic activity dynamically regulates the level of NMDAR transmission adapting constantly the threshold for plasticity...
- NMDA receptor subunit composition controls synaptogenesis and synapse stabilizationAbigail C Gambrill
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 7290, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:5855-60. 2011....
- Development of glutamatergic synaptic transmission in binaural auditory neuronsJason Tait Sanchez
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center, University of Washington, Box 357290, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Neurophysiol 104:1774-89. 2010..These changes are first seen in HF neurons suggesting regulation by peripheral inputs and may be necessary to enhance coincidence detection of binaural auditory information...