Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- What did we learn about the impact on students' clinical education?G Barley
Associate Dean for Educational Development and Evaluation, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Box C0290, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Acad Med 76:S68-71. 2001..Not only did the IGC students approach patients with better integrated basic science knowledge, but also a different kind of student arrived at the third year, the traditional beginning of clinical experiences in medical education...
- The Interdisciplinary Generalist Curriculum Project at the University of Colorado School of MedicineG Barley
Educational Development and Evaluation Director Foundations of Doctoring Curriculum, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Box C 290, Denver, CA 80262, USA
Acad Med 76:S112-6. 2001..The article concludes with a description of what is ahead for the curriculum...
- Teaching foundational physical examination skills: study results comparing lay teaching associates and physician instructorsGwyn E Barley
Center for Advancing Professional Excellence, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, P O Box 6508, Mail Stop F495, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Acad Med 81:S95-7. 2006....
- What did we learn about early clinical experience?A O'Brien-Gonzales
Student Career Development, Dean s Office, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Box C290, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Acad Med 76:S49-54. 2001....
- Improving medical students' communication with limited-literacy patients: project development and implementationK Plomer
Center for Behavioral and Community Studies, AMC Cancer Research Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Cancer Educ 16:68-71. 2001..The PBL case effectively promoted group discussion of cancer screening and literacy. CONCLUSION: The project succeeded in making students aware of literacy and cancer screening issues. Outcome results are being analyzed...
- Evaluation of pelvic and breast examination skills of interns in obstetrics and gynecology and internal medicineLorraine Dugoff
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:655-8. 2003..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the pelvic and breast examination skills of a group of interns who were entering obstetrics and gynecology and internal medicine and to determine whether previous experience predicts performance...
- Efficacy of communication skills training for giving bad news and discussing transitions to palliative careAnthony L Back
Department of Medicine Oncology, University of Washington, 825 Eastlake Ave E, PO Box 19023, Seattle, WA 98109 1023, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:453-60. 2007..This study evaluated the efficacy of Oncotalk in changing observable communication behaviors...