Affiliation: University of California
- Discrete developmental stages during teliospore formation in the corn smut fungus, Ustilago maydisF Banuett
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0448, USA
Development 122:2965-76. 1996..The different morphological changes that occur while in the plant but not in culture suggest that plant inputs play a key role in fungal development...
- Signalling in the yeasts: an informational cascade with links to the filamentous fungiF Banuett
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0448, USA
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 62:249-74. 1998..Recently, it has become apparent that MAPK cascades are important in governing the pathogenicity of filamentous fungi...
- Bud morphogenesis and the actin and microtubule cytoskeletons during budding in the corn smut fungus, Ustilago maydisFlora Banuett
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0448, USA
Fungal Genet Biol 37:149-70. 2002....
- Insights from the genome of the biotrophic fungal plant pathogen Ustilago maydisJörg Kämper
Department of Organismic Interactions, Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, Karl von Frisch Strasse, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
Nature 444:97-101. 2006..Genomic analysis is, similarly, likely to open up new avenues for the discovery of virulence determinants in other pathogens...
- The machinery for cell polarity, cell morphogenesis, and the cytoskeleton in the Basidiomycete fungus Ustilago maydis-a survey of the genome sequenceFlora Banuett
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University, 1250 Bellflower Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90840, USA
Fungal Genet Biol 45:S3-S14. 2008..In most cases, not surprisingly, the closest homolog is among filamentous fungi, not the yeasts, and in some cases it is among mammals...
- Fuz1, a MYND domain protein, is required for cell morphogenesis in Ustilago maydisEmily Chew
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, California State University, 1250 Bellflower Boulevard, Long Beach, California 90840, USA
Mycologia 100:31-46. 2008..Fuz1 is also required for cell wall integrity and to prevent secretion of a dark pigment. We propose that the MYND domain may interact with different proteins to regulate cell morphogenesis...