Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Biomedical research competencies for osteopathic medical studentsdes Anges Cruser
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth TX, USA
Osteopath Med Prim Care 3:10. 2009..This paper reports the results of that assessment and discusses implications for research education during medical school...
- Effects of an educational intervention on female biomedical scientists' research self-efficacyLori L Bakken
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, 53706, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 15:167-83. 2010..Further studies are needed to determine the longitudinal outcomes of this effort...
- Viewing clinical research career development through the lens of social cognitive career theoryLori L Bakken
Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, School of Education, University of Wisconsin, 1300 University Ave, Room 7255 MSC, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 11:91-110. 2006..The authors propose enhanced recommendations for the career development of physician-scientists and research questions for future studies and program development aimed at advancing the nation's efforts to promote clinical research...
- Survey of the impact of National Institutes of Health clinical research curriculum awards (K30) between 1999 and 2004Lori L Bakken
Department of Medicine, General Clinical Research Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Investig Med 53:123-7. 2005....
- Who are physician-scientists' role models? Gender makes a differenceLori L Bakken
University of Wisconsin Madison, Clinical Investigator Preparatory Program, 53706, USA
Acad Med 80:502-6. 2005..To determine for educational purposes whether differences exist in the role models physician-scientists-in-training or in their early years of career development envision when they self-assess their abilities to perform clinical research...
- Gender differences among physician-scientists in self-assessed abilities to perform clinical researchLori L Bakken
Department of Medicine, General Clinical Research Center, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, USA
Acad Med 78:1281-6. 2003..To examine gender differences in physicians' self-assessed abilities to apply knowledge and skills in six core competencies for success as a clinical investigator...
- A model of teaching-learning transactions in generalist-specialist consultationsMarianna B Shershneva
Office of Continuing Professional Development in Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Health Sciences Learning Center, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 26:222-9. 2006..Consistent with this paradigm, our study examined a subset of clinical practice--generalist-specialist consultations--from an educational perspective...
- An evaluation plan to assess the process and outcomes of a learner-centered training program for clinical researchLori L Bakken
University of Wisconsin Mecical School, Department of Medicine, Madison, WI 53706 5135, USA
Med Teach 24:162-8. 2002....
- Increasing sex and ethnic/racial diversity of researchers in aging: some promising strategies at the postdoctoral levelMolly Carnes
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Center for Women s Health Research, 700 Regent Street, Madison, WI 53715, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:980-5. 2006
- An academic writing needs assessment of English-as-a-second-language clinical investigatorsMin Fen Wang
Continuing and Vocational Education Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 24:181-9. 2004..The purpose of this project was to assess the learning needs of ESL clinical investigators regarding academic writing for English scholarly publication...
- Coping efficacy and perceived family support: potential factors for reducing stress in premedical studentsJenna L Klink
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Med Educ 42:572-9. 2008..However, an understanding of factors that inform coping efficacy beliefs is lacking...
- Role of experience and context in learning to diagnose Lyme diseaseLori L Bakken
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, 7255 Medical Sciences Center, 1300 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 22:131-41. 2002..This project develops a theory describing how physicians learn and formulate decisions in the context of diagnosing Lyme disease in order that educational programs can be designed to improve accuracy in diagnosis of this disease...
- Gender and Race in Biomedical Research Self-efficacyLori Bakken; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will provide insight for designing educational interventions that stimulate and sustain women and minorities in biomedical research careers. ..