Ludmila N Bakhireva
Affiliation: University of California
- Asthma control during pregnancy and the risk of preterm delivery or impaired fetal growthLudmila N Bakhireva
Division of Pharmacy Practice and Department of Family Community Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:137-43. 2008..Concerns regarding potential harmful effect of medications on fetuses often result in inadequate treatment of asthma in pregnancy, whereas risks posed by poorly controlled maternal asthma are often underestimated...
- Safety of leukotriene receptor antagonists in pregnancyLudmila N Bakhireva
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:618-25. 2007..Asthma is a chronic disorder that affects about 8% of pregnant women and may complicate pregnancy. Adequate asthma therapy in pregnancy is crucial but challenging because of safety concerns for the fetus...
- Asthma medication use in pregnancy and fetal growthLudmila N Bakhireva
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 116:503-9. 2005..Given the high prevalence of asthma in pregnancy, it is important to understand the relationship between asthma medications and fetal growth in the context of appropriate treatment...
- Effect of maternal asthma and gestational asthma therapy on fetal growthLudmila N Bakhireva
Department of Pediatrics, University of California La Jolla, San Diego, California 92103, USA
J Asthma 44:71-6. 2007..Methodological and practical considerations related to safety of asthma medications in pregnancy and management of gestational asthma are discussed...
- Developmental pathogenesis of short palpebral fissure length in children with fetal alcohol syndromeKenneth Lyons Jones
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0828, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85:695-9. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine whether short palpebral fissures are independent of or determined by the OFC...
- Paternal drinking, intimate relationship quality, and alcohol consumption in pregnant Ukrainian womenLudmila N Bakhireva
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, 92093, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 72:536-44. 2011..The influence of the male partner's alcohol consumption patterns and the quality of the partner's intimate relationship might be important factors to consider in the design of successful FASD prevention programs...
- Alcohol consumption patterns among pregnant women in the Moscow region of the Russian FederationChristina D Chambers
Department of Pediatrics, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Alcohol 38:133-7. 2006..These data indicate that pregnant women in these areas of the Moscow Region present an important opportunity for education and intervention for alcohol-related birth outcomes...
- Accuracy of the diagnosis of physical features of fetal alcohol syndrome by pediatricians after specialized trainingKenneth Lyons Jones
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Dysmorphology and Teratology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Pediatrics 118:e1734-8. 2006..After a structured training program for pediatricians, we examined the ability to accurately diagnose fetal alcohol syndrome...
- Modifiable predictors of bone loss in older men: a prospective studyLudmila N Bakhireva
University of California, San Diego, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Division of Epidemiology, La Jolla, California 92093 0607, USA
Am J Prev Med 26:436-42. 2004..This prospective study describes the patterns of BMD change at the hip and spine, incidence of osteoporosis, and modifiable predictors of bone loss in 507 ambulatory community-dwelling men aged 45 to 92 years...
- Fetal sex and maternal asthma control in pregnancyLudmila N Bakhireva
Division of Pharmacy Practice and Department of Family Community Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
J Asthma 45:403-7. 2008..84; 95% CI: 1.05; 3.21) independent of maternal age, BMI, ethnicity, smoking, and socioeconomic status. The current study suggests that pregnant asthmatic women carrying a girl might be more susceptible to asthma exacerbations...