David B Badesch
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Clinical trials in pulmonary hypertensionD B Badesch
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Annu Rev Med 48:399-408. 1997..Treatments showing promise at the level of small pilot studies within a single center should be studied more rigorously...
- Continuous intravenous epoprostenol for pulmonary hypertension due to the scleroderma spectrum of disease. A randomized, controlled trialD B Badesch
Division of Pulmonology, University of Colorado, Denver 80262, USA
Ann Intern Med 132:425-34. 2000..Pulmonary hypertension is a progressive and often fatal complication of the scleroderma spectrum of disease for which no treatment has been proven effective in a randomized trial...
- Medical therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelinesDavid B Badesch
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Chest 126:35S-62S. 2004..Due to the complexity of the diagnostic evaluation required, and the treatment options available, it is strongly recommended that consideration be given to referral of patients with PAH to a specialized center...
- Medical therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension: updated ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelinesDavid B Badesch
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Box C 272, 4200 E Ninth Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Chest 131:1917-28. 2007..Due to the complexity of the diagnostic evaluation required and the treatment options available, referral of patients with PAH to a specialized center continues to be strongly recommended...
- Prostanoid therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertensionDavid B Badesch
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:56S-61S. 2004..In conclusion, though treatment with prostanoids is complicated by their generally short half-lives and complicated drug delivery systems, they continue to play an important role in the treatment of PAH...
- Longterm survival among patients with scleroderma-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension treated with intravenous epoprostenolDavid B Badesch
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Rheumatol 36:2244-9. 2009..v.) infusion in an uncontrolled open-label 3-year extension study following an initial randomized, controlled 12-week study...
- Sildenafil for pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with connective tissue diseaseDavid B Badesch
Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Rheumatol 34:2417-22. 2007..The phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor sildenafil citrate enhances vasodilatation, has antiproliferative effects, and is effective in the treatment of PAH. We examined the efficacy and safety of oral sildenafil in patients with PAH-CTD...
- Genetic risk factors for portopulmonary hypertension in patients with advanced liver diseaseKari E Roberts
Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:835-42. 2009..Portopulmonary hypertension (PPHTN) occurs in 6% of liver transplant candidates. The pathogenesis of this complication of portal hypertension is poorly understood...
- Long-term treatment with sildenafil citrate in pulmonary arterial hypertension: the SUPER-2 studyLewis J Rubin
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, UCSD Medical Center Thornton, 9300 Campus Point Dr MC 7372, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Chest 140:1274-83. 2011..The long-term safety and tolerability of sildenafil treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) were assessed...
- Diagnosis and assessment of pulmonary arterial hypertensionDavid B Badesch
Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:S55-66. 2009....
- Importance of right ventricular end-systolic regional wall stress in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension: a new method for estimation of right ventricular wall stressRobert A Quaife
Cardiac Imaging, Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, B 120, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Eur J Med Res 11:214-20. 2006..0001). Right ventricular RWS is significantly elevated in IPAH and may provide a useful quantitative monitoring tool in patients with IPAH to assess the benefit of different therapeutic interventions and provide prognostic information...
- Pulmonary hypertension associated with connective tissue diseaseKaren A Fagan
Pulmonary Hypertension Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 45:225-34. 2002..This report reviews the occurrence of this complication, potential etiologies, clinical presentation, and treatment options...
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension: baseline characteristics from the REVEAL RegistryDavid B Badesch
Divisions of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, and Cardiology, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
Chest 137:376-87. 2010....
- ARIES-3: ambrisentan therapy in a diverse population of patients with pulmonary hypertensionDavid B Badesch
University of Colorado, 12401 E 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cardiovasc Ther 30:93-9. 2012..Previous studies of ambrisentan were limited to patients with Group 1 PAH and often excluded patients receiving other pulmonary hypertension (PH) therapies...
- Metastatic cancer while receiving continuous prostacyclin therapyKaren A Fagan
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Hypertension Center, Denver, CO, USA
Chest 128:619S-620S. 2005
- Serotonin transporter polymorphisms in patients with portopulmonary hypertensionKari E Roberts
Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Chest 135:1470-5. 2009..We hypothesized that the long allele or other polymorphisms in SERT would be associated with an increased risk of portopulmonary hypertension (PPHTN) in patients with advanced liver disease...
- Depressive symptoms in pulmonary arterial hypertension: prevalence and association with functional statusDeborah H McCollister
Pulmonary Hypertension Center, University of Colorado Denver, 12401 E 17th Ave, Box L957, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Psychosomatics 51:339-339.e8. 2010..The prevalence of depressive symptoms, and their impact on patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) is understudied...
- Autoimmunity and pulmonary hypertension: a perspectiveM R Nicolls
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Eur Respir J 26:1110-8. 2005....
- Primary pulmonary hypertension, Castleman's disease and human herpesvirus-8T M Bull
Dept of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Hypertension Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Eur Respir J 22:403-7. 2003..Evidence of human herpesvirus-8 infection was found in the lung tissue and, specifically, in the plexiform lesions from one of the patients...
- Pulmonary vascular manifestations of mixed connective tissue diseaseTodd M Bull
Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Hypertension Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Box C 272, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 31:451-64, vi. 2005..This article focuses on the pulmonary vasculature manifestations of MCTD. We briefly discuss associations between MCTD and interstitial lung disease, pleural disease, and alveolar hemorrhage...
- Surrogate and combined end points in pulmonary arterial hypertensionCorey E Ventetuolo
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 5:617-22. 2008..In addition, investigators have advocated the use of combined clinical end points in future clinical trials. The dependence of clinical trials and clinical management on such end points warrants a review of their use...
- Potassium and phosphorus repletion in hospitalized patients: implications for clinical practice and the potential use of healthcare information technology to improve prescribing and patient safetyBrian A Hemstreet
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:2449-55. 2006..Evaluate potassium and phosphorus repletion in hospitalized patients. Assess the potential role for use of various methods, including healthcare information technology, to improve prescribing and patient safety...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme DD genotype in patients with primary pulmonary hypertension: increased frequency and association with preserved haemodynamicsWilliam T Abraham
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Denver, USA
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 4:27-30. 2003....
- Efficacy and safety of treprostinil: an epoprostenol analog for primary pulmonary hypertensionVallerie V McLaughlin
Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 41:293-9. 2003..Subcutaneous treprostinil has favorable hemodynamic effects when given acutely and in the short term. Treprostinil can be given safely to an ambulatory patient with a novel subcutaneous delivery pump system...
- Effects of the dual endothelin receptor antagonist bosentan in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension: a 1-year follow-up studyOlivier Sitbon
Service de Pneumologie Réanimation Respiratoire, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 157, Avenue de la Porte Trivaux, F 92141 Clamart Cedex, France
Chest 124:247-54. 2003..We report on the long-term safety and efficacy of bosentan treatment in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)...
- Bosentan therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertensionLewis J Rubin
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92037 1330, USA
N Engl J Med 346:896-903. 2002..The present trial investigated the effect of bosentan on exercise capacity in a larger number of patients and compared two doses...
- Addition of sildenafil to long-term intravenous epoprostenol therapy in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension: a randomized trialGerald Simonneau
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Universite Paris Sud, Clamart, France
Ann Intern Med 149:521-30. 2008..Oral sildenafil and intravenous epoprostenol have independently been shown to be effective in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension...
- Randomized study of adding inhaled iloprost to existing bosentan in pulmonary arterial hypertensionVallerie V McLaughlin
The University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:1257-63. 2006..Small, open-label studies suggest that combinations of existing therapies may be effective for pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)...
- Clinical risk factors for portopulmonary hypertensionSteven M Kawut
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 622 West 168th Street, PH 8E, Room 101, New York, NY 10032, USA
Hepatology 48:196-203. 2008..24, 95% confidence interval 0.09-0.65, P = 0.005) of portopulmonary hypertension. The severity of liver disease was not related to the risk of portopulmonary hypertension...
- Ambrisentan for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension: results of the ambrisentan in pulmonary arterial hypertension, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter, efficacy (ARIES) study 1 and 2Nazzareno Galie
Institute of Cardiology, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti, 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Circulation 117:3010-9. 2008..Ambrisentan is a propanoic acid-based, A-selective endothelin receptor antagonist for the once-daily treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension...
- Formulary management of recombinant factor VIIa at an academic medical centerPhillip S Owen
Department of Pharmacy Practice Clinical Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Center, Mercer University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:771-6. 2008..Concerns of potentially inappropriate use, safety, and cost of rVIIa led to efforts to standardize use of this agent...
- Effects of the thromboxane synthetase inhibitor and receptor antagonist terbogrel in patients with primary pulmonary hypertensionDavid Langleben
Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am Heart J 143:E4. 2002..Circulating mediators, including thromboxane A2, the vasoconstrictor, platelet aggregant, and smooth muscle mitogen, may contribute to the progression of vascular narrowing in primary pulmonary hypertension (PPH)...
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension: future directions: report of a National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute/Office of Rare Diseases workshopJohn H Newman
Departments of Medicine, Nashville VA Medical Center GRECC, and Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn, USA
Circulation 109:2947-52. 2004
- Evaluation and management of the patient with pulmonary arterial hypertensionLewis J Rubin
University of California, San Diego, Medical Center, La Jolla, California 92037 7381, USA
Ann Intern Med 143:282-92. 2005..In this review, the authors present approaches to the diagnosis and management of pulmonary arterial hypertension, using a hypothetical case to highlight the key management points...
- Sitaxsentan for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension: a 1-year, prospective, open-label observation of outcome and survivalRaymond L Benza
University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1900 University Blvd, Tinsley Harrison Towers, Room 328A, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Chest 134:775-82. 2008..Long-term efficacy evaluations are needed to guide therapeutic management. The purpose of this study is to present 1-year observational data with two endothelin antagonists, sitaxsentan and bosentan, in a prospective, open-label study...
- RELATIVE ARGININE DEFICIENCY IN PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONDavid Badesch; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..