Dianne L Atkins
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Realistic expectations for public access defibrillation programsDianne L Atkins
University of Iowa Children s Hospital, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Curr Opin Crit Care 16:191-5. 2010..This review will focus on their effectiveness and operational characteristics and discuss the characteristics of successful programs, which can improve outcomes...
- Defibrillation in childrenSarah E Haskell
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Children s Hospital, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawks Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Emerg Trauma Shock 3:261-6. 2010..Additional research on pediatric defibrillation is critical in order to be able to provide an equivalent standard of care for children in cardiac arrest and improve outcomes...
- Remote monitoring of cardiovascular implantable devices in the pediatric population improves detection of adverse eventsLindsey E Malloy
University of Iowa Children s Hospital, Iowa City, IA, 52242, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 35:301-6. 2014..RM allows for early identification of arrhythmias and device malfunctions, thus prompting earlier corrective measures and improving care and safety in pediatric patients. ..
- Improving outcomes from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in young children and adolescentsDianne L Atkins
Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Children s Hospital, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 33:474-83. 2012..Integrated and coordinated care in the out-of-hospital and hospital settings are required. This article will review the epidemiology of OHCA, the 2010 CPR guidelines, and developments in public access defibrillation for children...
- Automated external defibrillators: safety and efficacy in children and adolescentsDianne L Atkins
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Drive, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 51:1443-62. 2004..As this technology gains increased acceptance, resuscitation rates and outcomes for VF in children should approach those that are seen in adults...
- Attenuated pediatric electrode pads for automated external defibrillator use in childrenDianne L Atkins
The Children s Hospital of Iowa, Department of Pediatrics, The University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
Resuscitation 66:31-7. 2005..This post-market, observational study is intended to evaluate reported uses of pediatric pads that reduce the energy delivered by some adult automated external defibrillators (AEDs) so that they may be used with pediatric patients...
- Epidemiology and outcomes from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in children: the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium Epistry-Cardiac ArrestDianne L Atkins
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Children s Hospital, Iowa City, IA 52242 1083, USA
Circulation 119:1484-91. 2009..This study examined age-stratified incidence and outcomes of pediatric OHCA. We hypothesized that survival to hospital discharge is less frequent from pediatric OHCA than adult OHCA...
- Sensitivity and specificity of an automated external defibrillator algorithm designed for pediatric patientsDianne L Atkins
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, University of Iowa Children s Hospital, Iowa City, IA 52242, United States
Resuscitation 76:168-74. 2008..However these adult algorithms may fail to detect non-shockable pediatric tachycardias because they do not account for the difference in the rates of normal sinus rhythm and typical tachyarrhythmias in childhood...
- Early outcomes of tricuspid valve replacement in young childrenHeather L Bartlett
Department of Pediatrics, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Circulation 115:319-25. 2007..The experience of the Pediatric Cardiac Care Consortium (45 centers, 1984 to 2002) was reviewed to evaluate the results of tricuspid valve replacement in children <6 years of age...
- Awareness of guidelines for use of automated external defibrillators in children within emergency medical servicesSarah E Haskell
University of Iowa Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, United States
Resuscitation 76:354-9. 2008..In the last 5 years, recommendations have been made for the use of automated external defibrillators in children between 1 and 8 years of age...
- Energy doses for treatment of out-of-hospital pediatric ventricular fibrillationJoseph W Rossano
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Resuscitation 70:80-9. 2006..To investigate the energy dose used to treat out-of-hospital pediatric ventricular fibrillation and the survival rates of these patients...
- Multicenter study of the effectiveness of implantable cardioverter defibrillators in children and young adults with heart diseaseNicholas H Von Bergen
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Children s Hospital, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 32:399-405. 2011..In both groups, approximately 25% of patients received inappropriate discharges within 5 years of implant. Patients with congenital heart disease are the most affected by inappropriate discharges...
- "Ratchet" syndrome, another etiology for pacemaker lead dislodgement: a case reportNicholas H Von Bergen
The Children s Hospital of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1083, USA
Heart Rhythm 4:788-9. 2007
- Clinical spectrum in a family with tropomyosin-mediated hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and sudden death in childhoodMajd Makhoul
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Iowa Children s Hospital, Iowa City, IA, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 32:215-20. 2011..They both had malignant arrhythmia courses with VF, which was terminated by ICD shock. In conclusion, family members with same genotype can have significantly variable phenotypes...
- Predictors of prosthesis survival, growth, and functional status following mechanical mitral valve replacement in children aged <5 years, a multi-institutional studyGeetha Raghuveer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901, Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Circulation 108:II174-9. 2003..Prosthesis survival, growth, and functional status after initial mechanical mitral valve replacement (MVR) in children <5 years of age are poorly defined...
- Community public access sites: compliance with American Heart Association recommendationsSarah E Haskell
University of Iowa Children s Hospital, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Resuscitation 80:854-8. 2009..JCEDTF was responsible for initial training but ongoing support was the responsibility of each site...
- Neonatal Enterovirus Infection: Case Series of Clinical Sepsis and Positive Cerebrospinal Fluid Polymerase Chain Reaction Test with Myocarditis and Cerebral White Matter Injury ComplicationsFrank H Morriss
Stead Family Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Children s Hospital, Iowa City, Iowa Departments of Pediatrics and of Pathology, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
AJP Rep 6:e344-e351. 2016..Neonates with EV infection should be investigated for evidence of periventricular leukomalacia, screened for myocarditis, and considered for IVIG treatment...
- Self-instructional CPR training for parents of high risk infantsTrudy A Pierick
University of Iowa Children s Hospital, Iowa City, IA 52240 1083, USA
Resuscitation 83:1140-4. 2012..We hypothesized that comfort level of performing CPR would increase, parents would share the kit with others, and review it during the year...
- Tachyarrhythmias and defibrillationRicardo A Samson
Pediatrics, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5073, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 55:887-907, x. 2008....
- The Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium Epistry-Trauma: design, development, and implementation of a North American epidemiologic prehospital trauma registryCraig D Newgard
Center for Policy and Research in Emergency Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, United States
Resuscitation 78:170-8. 2008..This data registry samples patients from 264 EMS agencies transporting to 287 acute care hospitals in both the United States and Canada...
- Rationale, development and implementation of the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium Epistry-Cardiac ArrestLaurie J Morrison
Prehospital and Transport Medicine Research Program, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Suite C753, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4N 3M5
Resuscitation 78:161-9. 2008..To describe the development, design and consequent scientific implications of the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium (ROC) population-based registry; ROC Epistry-Cardiac Arrest...
- Pacemaker lead prolapse through the pulmonary valve in childrenCharles I Berul
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:1183-9. 2007..This excess lead may rarely prolapse into the pulmonary artery and potentially interfere with valve function. We sought to determine the response to lead repositioning on pulmonary valve insufficiency...