Affiliation: University of California
- Development and bin mapping of gene-associated interspecific SNPs for cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) introgression breeding effortsAmanda M Hulse-Kemp
Department of Soil and Crop Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
BMC Genomics 15:945. 2014..Interspecific introgression efforts by conventional methods are very time-consuming and costly, but can be expedited using marker-assisted selection...
- De novo assembly of the pepper transcriptome (Capsicum annuum): a benchmark for in silico discovery of SNPs, SSRs and candidate genesHamid Ashrafi
Seed Biotechnology Center, University of California, Davis, 1 Shields Ave, Davis, CA 95616, USA
BMC Genomics 13:571. 2012..To complement and enhance these resources, we applied NGS to three pepper genotypes: Maor, Early Jalapeño and Criollo de Morelos-334 (CM334) to identify SNPs and SSRs in the assembly of these three genotypes...
- De novo assembly and characterization of the carrot transcriptome reveals novel genes, new markers, and genetic diversityMassimo Iorizzo
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, 1575 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
BMC Genomics 12:389. 2011..The scope of this study was to develop a de novo assembly of carrot ESTs from multiple genotypes using the Illumina platform, and to identify polymorphisms...
- Characterization of Capsicum annuum genetic diversity and population structure based on parallel polymorphism discovery with a 30K unigene Pepper GeneChipTheresa A Hill
Seed Biotechnology Center, University of California Davis, Davis, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e56200. 2013..This research demonstrates the effectiveness of parallel high-throughput discovery and application of genome-wide transcript-based markers to assess genetic and genomic features among Capsicum annuum...
- Ultra-High Density, Transcript-Based Genetic Maps of Pepper Define Recombination in the Genome and Synteny Among Related SpeciesTheresa Hill
Seed Biotechnology Center, University of California, Davis, California 95616 Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis, California 95616
G3 (Bethesda) 5:2341-55. 2015..Alignment of maps with the tomato and potato genomes shows the presence of previously known translocations and a translocation event that was not observed in previous genetic maps of pepper. ..
- Identification of QTLs for capsaicinoids, fruit quality, and plant architecture-related traits in an interspecific Capsicum RIL populationShawn C Yarnes
Seed Biotechnology Center, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Genome 56:61-74. 2013..Twenty-one loci showed correlation among seemingly unrelated phenotypic categories, highlighting tight linkage or shared genetics between previously unassociated traits in pepper...
- Development and application of a 6.5 million feature Affymetrix Genechip® for massively parallel discovery of single position polymorphisms in lettuce (Lactuca spp.)Kevin Stoffel
Seed Biotechnology Center, University of California Davis, CA 95616, USA
BMC Genomics 13:185. 2012....