David E Arterburn
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- The efficacy and safety of sibutramine for weight loss: a systematic reviewDavid E Arterburn
Department of Veterans Affairs, Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:994-1003. 2004..We conducted a systematic review to assess the efficacy and safety of sibutramine hydrochloride for weight loss...
- The coming epidemic of obesity in elderly AmericansDavid E Arterburn
Section of Outcomes Research, Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnatti, Cincinnatti, OH 45267, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:1907-12. 2004..To estimate the prevalence of obesity in elderly Americans in 2010 and to discuss the health and economic implications of these estimates...
- Association of body weight with condition-specific quality of life in male veteransDavid E Arterburn
Health Services Research and Development, Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45220, USA
Am J Med 117:738-46. 2004....
- Impact of morbid obesity on medical expenditures in adultsD E Arterburn
Health Services Research and Development, Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:334-9. 2005....
- BMI trajectories among the severely obese: results from an electronic medical record populationEdwin S Wong
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:2107-12. 2012..Our results also suggest that once the 35 BMI threshold is reached, individuals will continue to remain severely obese, especially at younger ages...
- Cost-effectiveness of bariatric surgical procedures for the treatment of severe obesityBruce C M Wang
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Ave, H375Q, Seattle, WA, 98195, USA
Eur J Health Econ 15:253-63. 2014..One-third of Americans are obese and an increasing number opt for bariatric surgery. This study estimates the cost-effectiveness of common bariatric surgical procedures from a healthcare system perspective...
- Decision modeling to estimate the impact of gastric bypass surgery on life expectancy for the treatment of morbid obesityDaniel P Schauer
University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0535, USA
Arch Surg 145:57-62. 2010..To create a decision analytic model to estimate the balance between treatment risks and benefits for patients with morbid obesity...
- Examining the BMI-mortality relationship using fractional polynomialsEdwin S Wong
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:175. 2011..This approach was then compared against other commonly used regression models...
- Impact of bariatric surgery on life expectancy in severely obese patients with diabetes: a decision analysisDaniel P Schauer
Division of General Internal Medicine and Center for Clinical Effectiveness, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH Group Health Center for Health Studies, Seattle, WA Department of Gastrointestinal and Endocrine Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern, School of Medicine, Dallas, TX Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Pasadena, CA Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, CA Health Partners Institute for Education and Research, Minneapolis, MN Division of General Surgery, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
Ann Surg 261:914-9. 2015..To create a decision analytic model to estimate the balance between treatment risks and benefits for severely obese patients with diabetes...
- A multisite study of long-term remission and relapse of type 2 diabetes mellitus following gastric bypassDavid E Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Obes Surg 23:93-102. 2013..The goal of this study was to examine the long-term rates and clinical predictors of diabetes remission and relapse among patients undergoing gastric bypass...
- Child obesity associated with social disadvantage of children's neighborhoodsH Mollie Greves Grow
University of Washington and Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Soc Sci Med 71:584-91. 2010..S. urban county. These results contribute new information on relationships between broader social and economic context and child obesity risk using robust spatial analyses...
- Health-care expenditures of overweight and obese males and females in the medical expenditures panel survey by age cohortJanice F Bell
Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:228-32. 2011..Expenditures associated with obesity exceed those associated with overweight. Further research is required to elucidate factors underlying the differences by sex...
- Body mass index measurement and obesity prevalence in ten U.S. health plansDavid E Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Clin Med Res 8:126-30. 2010..S. health plans to annually report the frequency of BMI and BMI percentile measurement among all adults and children who had at least one outpatient visit during the past two years...
- Association between bariatric surgery and long-term survivalDavid E Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington2Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle
JAMA 313:62-70. 2015..Accumulating evidence suggests that bariatric surgery improves survival among patients with severe obesity, but research among veterans has shown no evidence of benefit...