Affiliation: University of California
- The effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and statins on the progression of aortic sclerosis and mortalityReza Ardehali
Division of Cardiology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1760, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 21:337-43. 2012..Thus, the hypothesis was assessed that treatment with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE-Is), angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) or statins may be associated with an improvement in the clinical outcome of these patients...
- Prospective isolation of human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiovascular progenitors that integrate into human fetal heart tissueReza Ardehali
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:3405-10. 2013....
- CD13 and ROR2 Permit Isolation of Highly Enriched Cardiac Mesoderm from Differentiating Human Embryonic Stem CellsRhys J P Skelton
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 675 Charles E Young Drive South, Room 3645, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA Eli and Edythe Broad Stem Cell Research Center, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA Murdoch Children s Research Institute, The Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Stem Cell Reports 6:95-108. 2016....
- Overexpression of BCL2 enhances survival of human embryonic stem cells during stress and obviates the requirement for serum factorsReza Ardehali
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3282-7. 2011....
- c-Met-dependent multipotent labyrinth trophoblast progenitors establish placental exchange interfaceMasaya Ueno
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Cell 27:373-86. 2013..Identification of this c-Met-dependent multipotent LaTP provides a landmark in the poorly defined placental stem/progenitor cell hierarchy and may help us understand pregnancy complications caused by a defective placental exchange. ..
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells Do Not Change Their X Inactivation Status during DifferentiationSanjeet Patel
Department of Biological Chemistry, Molecular Biology Institute, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Bioinformatics Program, Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cell Rep . 2016..Our data imply that XiXIST+Xa ESCs are most suited for downstream applications and show that all other X states are abnormal byproducts of our ESC derivation and propagation method...
- Translational aspects of cardiac cell therapyCheng Han Chen
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Cell Mol Med 19:1757-72. 2015..Ongoing trials are investigating potential benefits to outcome such as morbidity and mortality. These and future trials will clarify the optimal cell types and delivery conditions for therapeutic effect. ..