Marsha S Anderson
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Delayed diagnosis of Kawasaki syndrome: an analysis of the problemMarsha S Anderson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Pediatrics 115:e428-33. 2005..We hypothesized that these children saw providers who were not familiar with KS, were given antibiotics for other diagnoses that delayed identification, had access-to-care issues, or presented atypically...
- Outbreak of neurologic enterovirus type 71 disease: a diagnostic challengeCarlos M Pérez-Vélez
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, University of Colorado School of Medicine, and The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:950-7. 2007..Large epidemics of EV71 infection have been reported worldwide...
- Myocardial Strain and Strain Rate in Kawasaki Disease: Range, Recovery, and Relationship to Systemic Inflammation/Coronary Artery DilationBenjamin Frank
Department of Pediatrics and Section of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Colorado University of Colorado, Denver, USA
J Clin Exp Cardiolog 7:. 2016..Some KD patients demonstrate echocardiographic evidence of depressed myocardial mechanics. However, the incidence, etiology, and reversibility of abnormal mechanics in KD patients remain undefined...
- Multiplex MassTag-PCR for respiratory pathogens in pediatric nasopharyngeal washes negative by conventional diagnostic testing shows a high prevalence of viruses belonging to a newly recognized rhinovirus cladeSamuel R Dominguez
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Clin Virol 43:219-22. 2008..Respiratory infections are the most common infectious diseases in humans worldwide and are a leading cause of death in children less than 5 years of age...
- Blinded case-control study of the relationship between human coronavirus NL63 and Kawasaki syndromeSamuel R Dominguez
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Infect Dis 194:1697-701. 2006..These data suggest that, although HCoV-NL63 was circulating in children in our community during the time of the study, the prevalence of infection with HCoV-NL63 was not greater in patients with KS than in control subjects...
- Kawasaki disease and the pediatric gastroenterologist: a diagnostic challengeMohammed Eladawy
Ain Shams University Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine and Children s Hospital, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 56:297-9. 2013..In the present study, we report a series of patients with KD in whom a gastroenterology consult was obtained before consideration of the diagnosis of KD...
- Kawasaki disease in a pediatric intensive care unit: a case-control studySamuel R Dominguez
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Pediatrics 122:e786-90. 2008..We conducted a case-control study to ascertain the clinical presentations, risk factors, and clinical outcomes of children who had Kawasaki disease and were admitted to the ICU of our children's hospital...
- Procalcitonin (PCT) and Kawasaki Disease: Does PCT Correlate With IVIG-Resistant Disease, Admission to the Intensive Care Unit, or Development of Coronary Artery Lesions?Samuel R Dominguez
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases
J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc 5:297-302. 2016..We hypothesized that PCT might be useful in predicting coronary artery lesions (CALs) and intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) resistance...
- Advances in the treatment of Kawasaki diseaseSamuel R Dominguez
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 25:103-9. 2013..Although there is no conclusive body of evidence defining the best second and third-line therapies for Kawasaki patients, there have been several recent studies published describing the results of these therapies...
- The new University of Colorado medical school curriculum: a pediatric perspectiveRobin R Deterding
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Pediatr 151:S32-6. 2007..We hope that sharing our experience, may benefit others in medical education...
- Investigation of Kawasaki syndrome risk factors in ColoradoTracee A Treadwell
Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases National Center for Infectious Diseases Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:976-8. 2002..3; 95% confidence interval, 1.8 to 29.3) and possibly with an antecedent respiratory illness. The use of humidifiers should be further investigated as part of future studies of KS...
- Kawasaki-like illness in Human Immuno-deficiency Virus-infected patients: is the etiologic agent the same as in pediatric Kawasaki disease?Marsha S Anderson
Clin Infect Dis 34:875-8. 2002