Andrea I Alford
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Two molecular weight species of thrombospondin-2 are present in bone and differentially modulated in fractured and nonfractured tibiae in a murine model of bone healingAndrea I Alford
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 90:420-8. 2012..Our data also suggest that, in the context of trauma, the two TSP2 isforms are differentially modulated at injured and noninjured skeletal sites in an animal undergoing fracture healing...
- Thrombospondin-2 regulates matrix mineralization in MC3T3-E1 pre-osteoblastsAndrea I Alford
University of Michigan School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Biological Sciences Research Building, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Bone 46:464-71. 2010..Together, our data suggest that TSP2 may promote mineralization, by facilitating proper organization of the osteoblast-derived ECM...
- Thrombospondin-2 facilitates assembly of a type-I collagen-rich matrix in marrow stromal cells undergoing osteoblastic differentiationAndrea I Alford
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Connect Tissue Res 54:275-82. 2013..Our data suggest that in the context of osteoblast differentiation, TSP2 promotes the assembly of a type-I collagen-rich matrix by facilitating pro-collagen processing...
- Thrombospondin-2 deficiency in growing mice alters bone collagen ultrastructure and leads to a brittle bone phenotypeEugene Manley
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
J Appl Physiol (1985) 119:872-81. 2015..Together, our data suggest that TSP2 is required for optimal collagen fibrillogenesis in bone and thereby contributes to normal skeletal tissue quality. ..
- The effects of axial displacement on fracture callus morphology and MSC homing depend on the timing of applicationAaron S Weaver
Orthopaedic Research Laboratories, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Bone 47:41-8. 2010..These results demonstrate that the timing of mechanical stimulation affects the physical properties of the callus and the migration of MSC to the fracture site...
- Synergistic enhancement of ectopic bone formation by supplementation of freshly isolated marrow cells with purified MSC in collagen-chitosan hydrogel microbeadsJoel K Wise
a Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Connect Tissue Res 57:516-525. 2016..This study examined the utility of BMMC, both alone and in combination with purified MSC, as a cell source for bone regeneration...
- Matricellular proteins: Extracellular modulators of bone development, remodeling, and regenerationAndrea I Alford
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Room G161, 400 North Ingalls Building, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Bone 38:749-57. 2006....