Aryan N Aiyer
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Racial differences in coronary artery calcification are not attributed to differences in lipoprotein particle sizes: the Heart Strategies Concentrating on Risk Evaluation (Heart SCORE) StudyAryan N Aiyer
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am Heart J 153:328-34. 2007..As a group, blacks have less coronary artery calcification (CAC) than whites. We evaluated whether racial differences in CAC are explained by differences in lipoprotein levels and particle sizes...
- Predictors of significant short-term increases in blood pressure in a community-based populationAryan N Aiyer
The Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh, University Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Med 120:960-7. 2007..We aimed to identify predictors of a significant increase in blood pressure over a 1-year period among nonhypertensive, community-dwelling adults...
- Biogeographic ancestry, self-identified race, and admixture-phenotype associations in the Heart SCORE StudyIndrani Halder
Heart and Vascular Institute, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Am J Epidemiol 176:146-55. 2012....
- Relation of obstructive sleep apnea to coronary artery calcium in non-obese versus obese men and women aged 45-75 yearsFaith S Luyster
Department of Health and Community Systems, School of Nursing, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 114:1690-4. 2014..In conclusion, sleep apnea is independently associated with early atherosclerotic plaque burden in nonobese patients...
- Endothelial Dysfunction and Racial Disparities in Mortality and Adverse Cardiovascular Disease OutcomesSebhat Erqou
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Clin Cardiol 39:338-44. 2016..The contribution of arterial endothelial dysfunction (ED) to increased cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk among Blacks is not known...
- Low prevalence of "ideal cardiovascular health" in a community-based population: the heart strategies concentrating on risk evaluation (Heart SCORE) studyClaudia Bambs
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Circulation 123:850-7. 2011..The applicability of this construct to community-based populations and the distributions of its components by race and sex have not been reported...
- Traditional and nontraditional cardiovascular risk factors in comorbid insomnia and sleep apneaFaith S Luyster
School of Nursing, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Sleep 37:593-600. 2014..The current study examined traditional risk factors and a physiologic biomarker of cardiovascular risk in comorbid insomnia and sleep apnea...