Kimberly A Aeling
Affiliation: University of California
- DNA deformation energy as an indirect recognition mechanism in protein-DNA interactionsKimberly A Aeling
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, 92697 3425, USA
IEEE/ACM Trans Comput Biol Bioinform 4:117-25. 2007..Deformation energy may also have a predictive capacity for the underlying catalytic mechanism of DNA-binding enzymes...
- Indirect recognition in sequence-specific DNA binding by Escherichia coli integration host factor: the role of DNA deformation energyKimberly A Aeling
Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, School of Medicine, University of California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 281:39236-48. 2006....
- Pressure dissociation of integration host factor-DNA complexes reveals flexibility-dependent structural variation at the protein-DNA interfaceDonald F Senear
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:1761-72. 2007..Biol. 310, 379-401, 2001). We propose that the volume changes reflect differences in hydration that arise from structural variation at IHF-DNA interfaces while the resulting energetic compensation maintains the same net binding energy...
- Activation of transcription initiation from a stable RNA promoter by a Fis protein-mediated DNA structural transmission mechanismMichael L Opel
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Mol Microbiol 53:665-74. 2004....
- A vector set for systematic metabolic engineering in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeFang Fang
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Yeast 28:123-36. 2011..Together these vectors and expression loci will facilitate combinatorial gene expression for metabolic engineering...