R M Adkins
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts
- Molecular phylogeny and divergence time estimates for major rodent groups: evidence from multiple genesR M Adkins
Department of Biology and Graduate Program in Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst 01002, USA
Mol Biol Evol 18:777-91. 2001..GHR appears to have greater resolving power than do 12S or vWF. Despite its complete unresponsiveness to growth hormone, Cavia (and other hystricognaths) exhibits a conservative rate of change in the intracellular domain of GHR...
- Higher-level systematics of rodents and divergence time estimates based on two congruent nuclear genesRonald M Adkins
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee Memphis, 50 North Dunlap, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 26:409-20. 2003..However, when a relaxed molecular clock was applied, estimated divergence dates were highly compatible with the fossil record...
- Bushbaby growth hormone is much more similar to nonprimate growth hormones than to rhesus monkey and human growth hormonesR M Adkins
Biology Department, University of Massachusetts, USA
Mol Biol Evol 18:55-60. 2001..These observations indicate that the amplification and rapid divergence of primate growth hormones occurred after the separation of the higher primate lineage from the galago lineage...
- Computational prediction of RpoS and RpoD regulatory sites in Geobacter sulfurreducens using sequence and gene expression informationBin Yan
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, 38163, USA
Gene 384:73-95. 2006....
- Genome-wide analysis of the RpoN regulon in Geobacter sulfurreducensChing Leang
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
BMC Genomics 10:331. 2009....
- Genome-wide expression profiling in Geobacter sulfurreducens: identification of Fur and RpoS transcription regulatory sites in a relGsu mutantJulia Krushkal
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 66 N Pauline, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Funct Integr Genomics 7:229-55. 2007..These findings suggest that Fur- and RpoS-dependent gene expression in G. sulfurreducens is affected by Rel(Gsu)-mediated signaling...
- Molecular evolution of growth hormone and receptor in the guinea-pig, a mammal unresponsive to growth hormoneR M Adkins
Biology Department, 219 Morrill Science Center, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Gene 246:357-63. 2000..Nevertheless, it is unclear whether the aberrant nature of the guinea-pig growth hormone-growth hormone receptor axis is due to these replacements or whether it is due to a defect in post-receptor signalling...
- Genome-wide survey for PilR recognition sites of the metal-reducing prokaryote Geobacter sulfurreducensJulia Krushkal
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Gene 469:31-44. 2010..sulfurreducens PilR in regulation of production and assembly of pili and flagella...
- GSEL version 2, an online genome-wide query system of operon organization and regulatory sequence elements of Geobacter sulfurreducensYanhua Qu
Department of Preventive Medicine, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
OMICS 13:439-49. 2009..sulfurreducens, aiding in investigation of mechanisms that regulate its ability to generate electric power, bioremediate environmental waste, and adapt to environmental changes...
- Diversity of promoter elements in a Geobacter sulfurreducens mutant adapted to disruption in electron transferJulia Krushkal
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 66 N Pauline Ste 633, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Funct Integr Genomics 9:15-25. 2009....
- Differential rates of evolution for the ZFY-related zinc finger genes, Zfy, Zfx, and Zfa in the mouse genus MusPriscilla K Tucker
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, and Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Mol Biol Evol 20:999-1005. 2003..Slightly elevated dN/dS for Zfy genes in comparison to Zfa also suggest Y-specific effects...
- Pliocene colonization and adaptive radiations in Australia and New Guinea (Sahul): multilocus systematics of the old endemic rodents (Muroidea: Murinae)Kevin C Rowe
Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, University of California, 3101 Valley Life Sciences Building, Berkeley, CA 94720 3160, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 47:84-101. 2008..Conflict among gene phylogenies was weak, and support for the consensus topology increased with more (even conflicting) data...
- Molecular support for Afrotheria and the polyphyly of Lipotyphla based on analyses of the growth hormone receptor geneMichael J Malia
Department of Biological Sciences, The George Washington University, 2023 G Street NW, Washington, DC 20052, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 24:91-101. 2002..These analyses support both the polyphyly of Lipotyphla and the monophyly of Afrotheria with high bootstrap and jackknife support. In addition, the remaining lipotyphlans (known as Eulipotyphla) appear polyphyletic, as does Tenrecoidea...