Thad E Abrams
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Aligning clinical practice to PTSD treatment guidelines: medication prescribing by provider typeThad E Abrams
Center for Comprehensive Access andDelivery Research and Evaluation, Iowa City Veterans Affairs VA Health Care System, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:142-8. 2013..S. Department of Defense. To better understand this practice, this study examined prescribing frequencies for three classes of psychiatric medications and the proportion of prescribing attributable to various provider types...
- Acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and the effect of existing psychiatric comorbidity on subsequent mortalityThad E Abrams
VA Office of Rural Health ORH, Veterans Rural Health Resource Center Central Region, Iowa City VAMC, Iowa City, IA, USA
Psychosomatics 52:441-9. 2011..We examined a national sample of hospitalized COPD patients to evaluate the impact of three psychiatric conditions on mortality and readmission...
- Mortality and revascularization following admission for acute myocardial infarction: implication for rural veteransThad E Abrams
VA Office of Rural Health, Midwest Rural Health Resource Center, Iowa City VA Medical Center, Iowa City, Iowa 52246, USA
J Rural Health 26:310-7. 2010..Annually, over 3,000 rural veterans are admitted to Veterans Health Administration (VA) hospitals for acute myocardial infarction (AMI), yet no studies of AMI have utilized the VA rural definition...
- Influence of psychiatric comorbidity on surgical mortalityThad E Abrams
Center for Research in the Implementation of Innovative Strategies in Practice, Iowa City VA Medical Center, IA 52246 2208, USA
Arch Surg 145:947-53. 2010..To examine the potential effect of 5 existing psychiatric comorbidities on postsurgical mortality...
- Preexisting comorbid psychiatric conditions and mortality in nonsurgical intensive care patientsThad E Abrams
Iowa City VA Medical Center, 601 Highway 6 West, Mailstop 152, Iowa City, IA 52246 2208, USA
Am J Crit Care 19:241-9. 2010..To examine the effects of preexisting comorbid psychiatric conditions on mortality in a large cohort of patients admitted to a nonsurgical intensive care unit...
- Variations in the associations between psychiatric comorbidity and hospital mortality according to the method of identifying psychiatric diagnosesThad E Abrams
The Center for Research in the Implementation of Innovative Strategies in Practice CRIISP, Iowa City VA Healthcare System, Iowa City, IA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:317-22. 2008..This study examined if associations varied according to the method of identifying psychiatric comorbidity and agreement between the different methods...
- Psychiatric comorbidity and mortality after acute myocardial infarctionThad E Abrams
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Center for Research in the Implementation of Innovative Strategies in Practice, Iowa City VA Healthcare System, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2:213-20. 2009..This study compared associations between psychiatric comorbidity and AMI outcomes that were derived using secondary diagnosis codes and codes captured from prior outpatient encounters...
- Benzodiazepine prescribing variation and clinical uncertainty in treating posttraumatic stress disorderBrian C Lund
Center for Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research and Evaluation, Iowa City Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Mailstop 152, 601 Hwy 6 W, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:21-7. 2013....
- Patterns of illness explaining the associations between posttraumatic stress disorder and the use of CTThad E Abrams
VA Office of Rural Health, Veterans Rural Health Resource Center Central Region, Iowa City VA Medical Center, 601 Highway 6 West, Mailstop 152, Iowa City, IA 52246 2208, USA
Radiology 267:470-8. 2013..To examine the relationship between posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and computed tomography (CT) utilization and to determine whether there were patterns of comorbid illness that could explain the relationship...
- Geographic isolation and the risk for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-related mortality: a cohort studyThad E Abrams
Veterans Health Administration Office of Rural Health, Veterans Rural Health Resource Center Central Region, Iowa City Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Iowa City, Iowa 52246 2208, USA
Ann Intern Med 155:80-6. 2011..Little is known about the possible differences in outcomes between patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) who live in rural areas and those who live in urban areas of the United States...
- The relationship between hearing impairment and depression in older veteransThad E Abrams
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1475-7. 2006