Jamil A AboulHosn
Affiliation: University of California
- Management after childhood repair of tetralogy of fallotJamil Aboulhosn
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 650 Charles E Young Drive South, BH 307, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med 8:474-83. 2006..The 21st century promises further success with the advent of a myriad of technologic advancements...
- Transcatheter Valve-in-Ring Implantation for the Treatment of Residual or Recurrent Tricuspid Valve Dysfunction After Prior Surgical RepairJamil Aboulhosn
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California Electronic address
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 10:53-63. 2017..This study sought to describe the results of transcatheter tricuspid valve-in-ring (TVIR) implantation for treatment of tricuspid regurgitation (TR)...
- Successful tricuspid valve replacement in a patient with severe pulmonary arterial hypertension and preserved right ventricular systolic functionJamil A AboulHosn
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Case Report Med 2009:108295. 2009..Clinical and echocardiographic assessment provided confidence that acute tricuspid valve failure was responsible for the decompensation and that tricuspid valve replacement despite pulmonary hypertension could be performed...
- Left and right ventricular diastolic function in adults with surgically repaired tetralogy of Fallot: a multi-institutional studyJamil A AboulHosn
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Can J Cardiol 29:866-72. 2013..Our purpose was to assess the prevalence and clinical implications of left ventricular (LV) and right ventricular (RV) diastolic dysfunction (DD) in patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot (TOF)...
- Fontan operation and the single ventricleJamil A AboulHosn
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 2:2-11. 2007..Cardiac computed tomography with angiography is highlighted as a noninvasive imaging tool for the evaluation of the complex Fontan circulation...
- Arrhythmia recurrence in adult patients with single ventricle physiology following surgical Fontan conversionJamil Aboulhosn
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, UCLA Medical Center, BH 307 CHS, 650 Charles Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 5:430-4. 2010..To evaluate the incidence of atrial tachy-arrhythmia (AT) recurrence following conversion from right atrial-pulmonary artery (RA-PA) Fontan to total cavopulmonary connection (TCPC) in adults...
- Perventricular closure of a large ventricular septal defect in congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteriesJamil Aboulhosn
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 5:60-5. 2010..The left ventricular systolic pressure decreased to one half systemic. This case highlights the utility and efficacy of a hybrid approach in the treatment of complex congenital heart disease...
- A blue baby grows upJamil A AboulHosn
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 1679, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 4:378-83. 2009..This report touches on several important clinical issues that may arise when caring for the adult with complex palliated cyanotic congenital heart disease, including the development and treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension...
- Hemodynamic characteristics of cyanotic adults with single-ventricle physiology without Fontan completionFaysal G Saab
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 8:124-30. 2013..The aim of the current study is to describe the long-term clinical and hemodynamic characteristics of adult patients with single-ventricle physiology who have not undergone the Fontan operation and consequently have remained cyanotic...
- Usefulness of serum brain natriuretic peptide to predict adverse events in patients with the Eisenmenger syndromeLeigh C Reardon
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:1523-6. 2012..In conclusion, elevated BNP levels are predictive of death or heart failure admission in patients with the ES. A serum BNP level >140 pg/ml is a useful tool in identifying high-risk patients...
- Catheter ablation of tachycardia arising from the pulmonary venous atrium after surgical repair of congenital heart diseaseJeremy P Moore
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Los Angeles, California Electronic address
Heart Rhythm 12:297-304. 2015..Tachycardia arising from the pulmonary venous atrium (PVA) has not been adequately characterized in the setting of surgically repaired congenital heart disease (CHD)...
- Mechanisms and predictors of recurrent tachycardia after catheter ablation for d-transposition of the great arteries after the Mustard or Senning operationRoberto G Gallotti
Depanawatrtment of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
Heart Rhythm . 2016..Catheter ablation has been shown to be acutely successful for achieving rhythm control in this population, but the mechanisms of recurrence are ill-defined...
- Patients with single-ventricle physiology: prognostic implications of stress testingBrenton S Bauer
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 32:891-5. 2011....
- Cardiovascular and Neonatal Outcomes in Pregnant Women With High-Risk Congenital Heart DiseasePriya Pillutla
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Harbor University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center, Torrance, California Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 117:1672-7. 2016..In addition, SV physiology is a robust predictor of neonatal complications. Antepartum counseling and assessment of maternal fitness are crucial for the woman with CHD. ..
- Transcatheter native pulmonary valve and tricuspid valve replacement with the sapien XT: Initial experience and development of a new delivery platformDaniel S Levi
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, UCLA Mattel Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, California
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 88:434-43. 2016..Techniques to enable off-label use of the Sapien XT valve for large-diameter pulmonary and tricuspid valve replacement are described...
- Evaluation of peak pressure gradients in patients after melody valve implantation: a comparison of cardiac catheterization and doppler echocardiographyBrenton S Bauer
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California
Echocardiography 32:1073-9. 2015....
- Superior vena cava stenting guided by alternative imaging modalities in a patient with severe contrast allergy: a case report and brief literature reviewPriya Pillutla
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, Cal, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 9:E143-6. 2014..Two overlapping stents were placed within the superior vena cava using gadolinium, CO2 angiography and transesophageal echocardiography for visualization of the graft stenoses. No iodinated media were used. ..