Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Mechanisms underlying the control of progesterone receptor transcriptional activity by SUMOylationHany Abdel-Hafiz
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Biol Chem 284:9099-108. 2009..In summary, SUMOylation tightly regulates the transcriptional activity of PR by repressing the receptors directly while activating them indirectly through augmented SRC-1 coactivation...
- Post-translational modifications of the progesterone receptorsHany A Abdel-Hafiz
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA Electronic address
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 140:80-9. 2014..There is much left to be learned. However, our understanding of this may help to identify therapeutic agents that target PR activity in tissue-specific, even gene-specific ways. ..
- Control of progesterone receptor transcriptional synergy by SUMOylation and deSUMOylationHany A Abdel-Hafiz
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
BMC Mol Biol 13:10. 2012..SUMO conjugation of progesterone receptors (PRs) at the N-terminal lysine (K) 388 residue of PR-B is hormone-dependent and suppresses PR-dependent transcription. Mutation of the SUMOylation motif promotes transcriptional synergy...
- Hepatitis B virus X protein impedes the DNA repair via its association with transcription factor, TFIIHIshtiaq Qadri
NUST Center of Virology and Immunology, National University of Science and Technology, Academic Block, Kashmir Highway, H 12 Islamabad, Pakistan
BMC Microbiol 11:48. 2011..HBx is known to interact with DNA helicase components of TFIIH, a basal transcriptional factor and an integral component of DNA excision repair...
- Functional properties of the N-terminal region of progesterone receptors and their mechanistic relationship to structureGlenn S Takimoto
Department of Medicine, Molecular Biology Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 85:209-19. 2003..This would explain why PR-B are stronger transactivators than PR-A...
- Progesterone receptors (PR)-B and -A regulate transcription by different mechanisms: AF-3 exerts regulatory control over coactivator binding to PR-BLin Tung
Department of Medicine, RC1 South, 12801 East 17th Avenue, P O Box 6511, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:2656-70. 2006..In sum, AF3 in BUS plays a critical modulatory role in PR-B, and in doing so, defines a mechanism for PR-B function that is fundamentally distinct from that of PR-A...
- The inhibitory function in human progesterone receptor N termini binds SUMO-1 protein to regulate autoinhibition and transrepressionHany Abdel-Hafiz
Department of Medicine, Molecular Biology Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 277:33950-6. 2002..We conclude that autoinhibition and transrepression involve N-terminal sumoylation combined with intramolecular N/C-terminal communication...
- Progesterone receptor action: translating studies in breast cancer models to clinical insightsCarol A Lange
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplant, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 630:94-111. 2008....