Affiliation: University of California
- Complications rates of non-oncologic urologic procedures in population-based data: a comparison to published seriesDavid S Aaronson
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
Int Braz J Urol 36:548-56. 2010..We sought to compare complication and mortality rates following urologic procedures derived from population-based data to those of published single-institutional case series...
- A novel application of 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy: non-invasive identification of spermatogenesis in men with non-obstructive azoospermiaDavid S Aaronson
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, Ambulatory Care Center, Suite A633, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
Hum Reprod 25:847-52. 2010..This study sought to identify metabolic signatures associated with various histological states of spermatogenesis in infertile men...
- Association of age and response to androgen-deprivation therapy with or without radiotherapy for prostate cancer: data from CaPSUREDavid Aaronson
University of California San Francisco, 94117, USA
BJU Int 105:951-5. 2010....
- Salvage permanent perineal radioactive-seed implantation for treating recurrence of localized prostate adenocarcinoma after external beam radiotherapyDavid S Aaronson
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
BJU Int 104:600-4. 2009....
- Meta-analysis: does lidocaine gel before flexible cystoscopy provide pain relief?David S Aaronson
UCSF Medical Center, Department of Urology, Ambulatory Care Center, Suite A633, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
BJU Int 104:506-9; discussion 509-10. 2009....
- Transcorporal artificial urinary sphincter placement for incontinence in high-risk patients after treatment of prostate cancerDavid S Aaronson
University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94117, USA
Urology 72:825-7. 2008..To investigate the transcorporal (TC) vs standard (ST) approach of artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) placement for incontinence after treatment of prostate adenocarcinoma (PCa) with radiotherapy or surgery, or both...
- Relative contraindication to endoscopic subureteral injection for vesicoureteral reflux: congenital refluxing megaureter with distal aperistaltic segmentDavid S Aaronson
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94117, USA
Urology 71:616-9; discussion 619-20. 2008..One potential pitfall is the creation of ureteral obstruction. No predictors are available to determine which patients will develop this rare, but real, complication...
- Patient decision aids for prostate cancer treatment: a systematic review of the literatureGrace A Lin
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, 400 Parnassus Avenue, 4th Floor, Box 0320, San Francisco, CA 94143 0320, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 59:379-90. 2009..Further studies are needed to determine how best to implement DAs into practice, and whether they improve the consistency between patient preferences and treatment choice...
- Is the complication rate of radical cystectomy predictive of the complication rate of other urological procedures?Vincent Fradet
Department of Urology and Epidemiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Urol 181:1054-9; discussion 1059-60. 2009..We hypothesized that the hospital volume of radical cystectomy is an important predictor of complications of other urological procedures...
- Hydrocele in the pediatric patient: inguinal or scrotal approach?Jason M Wilson
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Urol 180:1724-7; discussion 1727-8. 2008..Hydrocele repair in adults is performed with a scrotal incision. We identified an age above which a significant percent of children had noncommunicating hydroceles, justifying a scrotal approach...
- An androgen-IL-6-Stat3 autocrine loop re-routes EGF signal in prostate cancer cellsDavid S Aaronson
Department of Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 270:50-6. 2007..Understanding interactions and changes in signal flow within the cell is important to our understanding of signaling networks as well as our ability to identify cellular targets for novel therapies to inhibit cancer progression...