Genomes and Genes
University of South Florida
Organization: University of South Florida
- Prognostic performance of metabolic indexes in predicting onset of type 1 diabetesPing Xu
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA
Diabetes Care 33:2508-13. 2010....
- Ten-year follow-up of Parkinson's disease patients randomized to initial therapy with ropinirole or levodopaRobert A Hauser
Parkinson s Disease and Movement Disorders Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33606, USA
Mov Disord 22:2409-17. 2007..Early treatment decisions for individual patients depend largely on the anticipated risk of side effects and long-term complications. Both ropinirole and levodopa are viable treatment options in early PD...
- Active learning in medical education: strategies for beginning implementationBen Graffam
Office of Educational Affairs, University of South Florida College of Medicine, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Med Teach 29:38-42. 2007..Seven methods for adapting parts of lectures are described. Practice with such methods may engender exploration of epistemological and cognitive aspects of deeper understanding...
- Are most precontemplators contemplating smoking cessation? Assessing the validity of the stages of changeThaddeus A Herzog
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
Health Psychol 26:222-31. 2007..To assess the validity of the stages of change (SOC) algorithm for current smokers...
- Evaluation of a summer research institute in behavioral health for undergraduate studentsAmber Gum
Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 34:206-18. 2007..field of behavioral health services research, the Florida Mental Health Institute at the University of South Florida developed and pilot tested a summer research institute for undergraduate students...
- Predictors of emotional well-being in at-risk adolescent girls: developing preventive intervention strategiesMary I Armstrong
Division of State and Local Support, Department of Child and Family Studies, Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, 13301 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612 3807, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 35:435-53. 2008..The findings were further elaborated with examples from qualitative interviews conducted with the daughters. The findings were used to propose prevention activities using a tertiary mental health preventive intervention framework...
- Patient evaluation of a home diary to assess duration and severity of dyskinesia in Parkinson diseaseRobert A Hauser
Parkinson s Disease and Movement Disorders Center, University of South Florida and Tampa General Healthcare, Tampa, FL 33606, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 29:322-30. 2006....
- The EEG in nonepileptic seizuresSelim R Benbadis
Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, University of South Florida and Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, FL, USA
J Clin Neurophysiol 23:340-52. 2006..Analysis of the ictal semiology (i.e., video) is at least as important as the ictal EEG. Provocative techniques, activation procedures, or "inductions" can also be useful for the diagnosis of PNES...
- Home is where the heart is: do blood transfusions belong there too?Kaaron Benson
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Transfus Med Rev 20:218-29. 2006..An OOH blood transfusion program must address these and other issues before the first patient is enrolled...
- Promoting pre-conceptional use of folic acid to Hispanic women: a social marketing approachGwendolyn P Quinn
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Matern Child Health J 10:403-12. 2006..The materials were designed to communicate information about the risks of neural tube defects and the value of folic acid supplementation before conception...
- Phase II trial of intracerebrospinal fluid etoposide in the treatment of neoplastic meningitisMarc C Chamberlain
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cancer 106:2021-7. 2006..NM reportedly occurs in 1% to 5% of patients with known cancer. Currently available treatment options are limited and provide only modest benefit...
- Cancer risk assessment at the atomic levelAlvaro N A Monteiro
Risk Assessment, Detection, and Intervention Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cancer Res 66:1897-9. 2006....
- Implications of the Schiavo case for understanding family caregiving issues at the end of lifeLori A Roscoe
School of Aging Studies, MHC 1300 University of South Florida, 13301 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Death Stud 30:149-61. 2006..The importance of informal conflict resolution and the limitations of adversarial legal approaches are discussed...
- Perceptually based FROC analysisRachna Arora
Biostatistics Core, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Acad Radiol 12:1567-74. 2005..In this report, we introduce an alternative method that uses the visual scan path of the reader to segment the image. We evaluate the new method by applying it to data from a mammography reading experiment...
- Dendritic Vaccines--Fifth International Meeting. Dendritic cell vaccination and other strategies to tip the balance of the immune system. 16-18 July 2007, Bamberg, GermanyDmitry Gabrilovich
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
IDrugs 10:699-702. 2007
- Challenge and opportunity in children's mental health researchSharon Hodges
Division of Training, Research, Education, and Training, Department of Child and Family Studies, Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 34:357-60. 2007
- Regenerative medicine: an analysis of Cell Transplantation's impactDavid J Eve
Center of Excellence for Aging and Brain Repair, Department of Neurosurgery, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cell Transplant 16:751-64. 2007
- Predictors of functional impairment in pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorderEric A Storch
Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, FL 33701, United States
J Anxiety Disord 24:275-83. 2010..Assessment and treatment implications are discussed; specifically, we highlight how the variables of interest may impact clinical presentation and treatment course...
- Levodopa response in early Parkinson's diseaseRobert A Hauser
Department of Neurology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33606, USA
Mov Disord 24:2328-36. 2009..A substantial proportion of subjects with early PD did not experience a robust response to levodopa. An improvement in UPDRSm of approximately 22% best discriminated levodopa treatment from placebo...
- Bite force and performance in the durophagous bonnethead shark, Sphyrna tiburoKyle R Mara
Department of Integrative Biology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
J Exp Zool A Ecol Genet Physiol 313:95-105. 2010..Blue crab fracture forces (30.0-490.0 N) range well above the maximum bite force of S. tiburo, suggesting that prey material properties functionally constrain dietary ecology to some degree...
- Neuroanatomy and volumes of brain structures of a live California sea lion (Zalophus californianus) from magnetic resonance imagesEric W Montie
College of Marine Science, University of South Florida, 140 Seventh Avenue South, KRC 2107, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 292:1523-47. 2009..In California sea lions, this approach can be used not only to relate cognitive and sensory capabilities to brain size but also to investigate the neurological effects of exposure to neurotoxins such as domoic acid...
- Florida's model of nursing home Medicaid reimbursement for disaster-related expensesKali S Thomas
Florida Policy Exchange Center on Aging, School of Aging Studies, University of South Florida, 13301 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MHC 1300, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Gerontologist 50:263-70. 2010..This Florida model can serve as a demonstration for a national model for disaster-related reimbursement...
- Validation and field testing of library-independent microbial source tracking methods in the Gulf of MexicoValerie J Harwood
University of South Florida, Department of Integrative Biology SCA110, 4202 E Fowler, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Water Res 43:4812-9. 2009..SOPs will be distributed to collaborating laboratories for further inter-laboratory comparison, and field validation will occur in year 2...
- Psychiatric implications of hepatitis-C infectionBrian Giunta
Department of Psychiatry, Institute for Research in Psychiatry Neuroimmunology Laboratory, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Crit Rev Neurobiol 19:79-118. 2007..These comorbidities have significant effects on both treatments and outcomes, and thus are reviewed herein...
- Double-blind trial of levodopa/carbidopa/entacapone versus levodopa/carbidopa in early Parkinson's diseaseRobert A Hauser
Parkinson s Disease and Movement Disorders Center of Excellence, University of South Florida, 4 Columbia Drive, Suite 410, Tampa, FL 33606, USA
Mov Disord 24:541-50. 2009..3%) subjects in the LCE group and 16 (7.4%) in the LC group (P = 0.367). Nausea and diarrhea were reported more frequently in the LCE group. LCE provided greater symptomatic benefit than LC and did not increase motor complications...
- The implications of death for health: a terror management health model for behavioral health promotionJamie L Goldenberg
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33620 7200, USA
Psychol Rev 115:1032-53. 2008..In the context of each proposition, moderators are proposed, research is reviewed, and implications for health promotion are discussed...
- Deep brain stimulation parameters associated with neuropsychological changes in subthalamic nucleus stimulation for refractory Parkinson's diseaseMike R Schoenberg
University Hospitals Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 86:337-44. 2008..This study evaluated the extent to which DBS settings were associated with cognitive function...
- Orthopedic surgery implications of breast cancerGerman A Marulanda
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, University of South Florida, 3500 E Fletcher Avenue, Suite 511, MDC106 Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:949-56. 2008..Orthopedic surgeons should establish an active role in the multidisciplinary treatment of patients with breast cancer...
- Outcomes of adrenalectomy for isolated synchronous versus metachronous adrenal metastases in non-small-cell lung cancer: a systematic review and pooled analysisTawee Tanvetyanon
Biostatistics Division, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1142-7. 2008..However, some suggest that the survival outcome among patients with a synchronous metastasis is poor. It remains unclear whether this treatment approach is warranted among those with synchronous metastasis...
- Volumetric neuroimaging of the atlantic white-sided dolphin (Lagenorhynchus acutus) brain from in situ magnetic resonance imagesEric W Montie
Department of Biology, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 291:263-82. 2008....
- Depressive symptoms among African American and white older adultsYuri Jang
Department of Aging and Mental Health, Florida Mental Health Institute, University of South Florida, MHC 1439, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 60:P313-P319. 2005..In addition, we obtained significant interactions among predictor variables in each group, identifying risk-reducing and risk-enhancing factors within each group...
- Shoulder dystocia: etiology, common risk factors, and managementCecilia M Jevitt
University of South Florida College of Nursing, Tampa, FL 33544, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 50:485-97. 2005..Documentation of the appropriate use of maneuvers to relieve shoulder dystocia demonstrates standard of care practice, thereby decreasing the potential for successful malpractice allegations...
- The reported prevalence of mandated community treatment in two Florida samplesAnnette Christy
Department of Mental Health Law and Policy, Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, University of South Florida Room MHC 2620, Tampa, FL 33612 3807, USA
Behav Sci Law 21:493-502. 2003..g. "outpatient commitment") may mean different things to different respondents...
- Attitudes accentuate attributes in social judgment: the combined effects of substance use, depression, and technical incompetence on judgments of professional impairmentJason W Beckstead
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa 33612 4766, USA
J Soc Psychol 143:185-201. 2003..Social judgments of fictitious targets were moderated by individual differences in judges' attitudes toward negative target attributes; some, but not all, attributes were accentuated as predicted...
- Controversies surrounding androgen deprivation for prostate cancerStephen G Patterson
Genitourinary Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 9:315-25. 2002..Debates continue regarding the proper use and timing of endocrine therapy with orchiectomy, estrogen agonists, luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) analogs, LHRH antagonists, and androgen antagonists...
- Predictors of tolerance to chemotherapy in older cancer patients: a prospective pilot studyM Extermann
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Eur J Cancer 38:1466-73. 2002..Designing a composite predictive score to use in assessing the toxicity of multiple chemotherapy regimens therefore appears to be a valid undertaking...
- A retrospective analysis of ethics knowledge in physical therapy (1970-2000)Laura Lee Swisher
School of Physical Therapy, University of South Florida, MDC 77, Tampa, FL 33612 4766, USA
Phys Ther 82:692-706. 2002....
- Bilateral human fetal striatal transplantation in Huntington's diseaseR A Hauser
Department of Neurology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33606, USA
Neurology 58:687-95. 2002..Transplanted striatal cells have been demonstrated to survive, grow, establish afferent and efferent connections, and improve behavioral signs in animal models of Huntington's disease (HD)...
- Management of breast cancer in the older womanL Balducci
Senior Adult Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 8:431-41. 2001....
- Cognitive effects of insulin in the central nervous systemC R Park
Research Service, James A Haley Veteran s Hospital, 13000 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 25:311-23. 2001..This article is a brief review of the literature that suggests a connection between insulin and memory and draws together some of the findings relevant to possible physiological mechanisms for this cognitive effect...
- In search of realistic optimism. Meaning, knowledge, and warm fuzzinessS L Schneider
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, 4202 East Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33620 8200, USA
Am Psychol 56:250-63. 2001..This critique reveals how positive psychology may benefit from a focus on personal meaning and knowledge as they relate to making the most of life...
- Endurance training increases the expression of mitochondrial and nuclear encoded cytochrome c oxidase subunits and heat shock proteins in rat skeletal muscleT R Samelman
University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Department of Anatomy, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 83:22-7. 2000..The similarity among the increases in CCO subunits II and VI protein levels and the increase in CCO enzyme activity suggest that this increase in activity is due to an increase in the amount of CCO enzyme...
- Newcastle disease virus (NDV): brief history of its oncolytic strainsJ G Sinkovics
Cancer Institute, St Joseph s Hospital, and the University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa 33607, USA
J Clin Virol 16:1-15. 2000..While genetically engineered viruses are now being tested for the virus therapy of human cancers, some naturally occurring viruses display unmatched oncolytic activity. Newcastle disease virus (NDV) excels as an oncolytic agent...
- Effects of alcohol intoxication on social inferencesT A Herzog
Department of Psychology, Harvard University, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 7:448-53. 1999..The results are consistent with both recent models of social inference and the theory of alcohol myopia...
- Effects of health insurance and race on early detection of cancerR G Roetzheim
University of South Florida Department of Family Medicine, and Division of Cancer Control, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 91:1409-15. 1999....
- Expression of the ets-1 proto-oncogene in melanocytic lesionsConnie A Keehn
Department of Pathology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, USA
Mod Pathol 16:772-7. 2003..Furthermore, Ets-1 expression may be an important pathogenic mechanism and predictor of aggressive biologic behavior of cutaneous melanoma, with a trend toward staining intensity increasing as Clark stage increases...
- Pretreatment task persistence predicts smoking cessation outcomeThomas H Brandon
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 112:448-56. 2003..Moreover, persistence predicted outcome independent of other significant predictors: gender, nicotine dependence, negative affect, and self-efficacy...
- Magnetic resonance angiography minimizes need for arteriography after inadequate carotid duplex ultrasound scanningMartin R Back
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33606, USA
J Vasc Surg 38:422-30; discussion 431. 2003....
- A historical comparison of child and parent reports of injury prevention behaviors: findings from the Pinellas County Omnibus StudyKaren D Liller
University of South Florida College of Public Health, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:522-7. 2005....
- A disturbance index for karst environmentsPhilip Van Beynen
Department of Environmental Science and Policy, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33620 5150, USA
Environ Manage 36:101-16. 2005..Addressed categories of disturbance include cultural, biotic, atmospheric, hydrological, and geomorphologic impacts...
- Geriatrics curriculum for clerkship students: implementation and evaluationLori A Roscoe
Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa 33612 4799, USA
Med Educ 39:511. 2005
- The University of South Florida free association, rhyme, and word fragment normsDouglas L Nelson
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33620 8200, USA
Behav Res Methods Instrum Comput 36:402-7. 2004..Of several procedures for measuring preexisting strength between two words, the best remains to be determined. The norms may be downloaded from www.psychonomic.org/archive/...
- Protein-protein interactions of a Kvbeta subunit in the cochleaBernd Sokolowski
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Neurosci Res 79:459-67. 2005....
- Short-term outpatient EEG video with induction in the diagnosis of psychogenic seizuresS R Benbadis
Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, Department of Neurology, University of South Florida, Tampa, USA
Neurology 63:1728-30. 2004..The total number of cases of short-term outpatient EEG video monitoring was 74. In 49 (66%) cases, the suspected diagnosis of PNES could be confirmed, thereby obviating the need for prolonged inpatient EEG video monitoring...
- The biostatistics of predictionJeffrey Krischer
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology and Pediatrics, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Autoimmunity 37:261-3. 2004
- The fungal phenomenonRoger W Fox
Division of Allergy and Immunology, University of South Florida Health Sciences Center, 13000 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, VAR 111D, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 4:415-6. 2004
- Pharmacologic treatment of constipation in cancer patientsJorge G Avila
Department of Pharmacy, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 11:10-8. 2004
- Evaluation of biological hydrogen sulfide oxidation coupled with two-stage upflow filtration for groundwater treatmentAudrey D Levine
University of South Florida, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tampa, Florida 33620, USA
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 39:1263-79. 2004..Additional benefits of this treatment approach include elimination of odor generation, reduction of chlorine demand, and improved stability of the finished water...
- Cultural feasibility assessment of tuberculosis prevention among persons of Haitian origin in South FloridaJeannine Coreil
Department of Community and Family Health, College of Public Health, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Immigr Health 6:63-9. 2004....
- The impact of confidence on the accuracy of structured professional and actuarial violence risk judgments in a sample of forensic psychiatric patientsKevin S Douglas
Department of Mental Health Law and Policy, Florida Mental Health Institute, University of South Florida, 13301 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Law Hum Behav 27:573-87. 2003..Findings suggest that confidence of ratings should be studied as a potentially important mediator of structured professional and actuarial risk judgments...
- Widow and widower remarriage: an analysis in a rural 19th century Costa Rican population and a cross-cultural discussionL Madrigal
Department of Anthropology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33620, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 122:355-60. 2003..Remarriage is a topic of interest to biological anthropologists from a cross-cultural and biocultural perspective...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha upregulates the prostaglandin E2 EP1 receptor subtype and the cyclooxygenase-2 isoform in cultured amnion WISH cellsE P Spaziani
University of South Florida Health Science Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tampa 33612, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 18:1039-44. 1998..The results suggest that TNF-alpha may play a role in infection-induced preterm labor by its pleiotropic ability to simultaneously stimulate COX-2 activity, PGE2 concentrations, and PGE2 EP1 receptor levels in human amnion...
- Support of the Caregiver of the Older Cancer Patient Undergoing ChemotherapyLodovico Balducci; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study provides an opportunity to address problems associated with intense short-term care giving in this expanding population. ..
- Aging, Acculturation, and Health: Korean American EldersYuri Jang; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study is an important step in expanding our understanding of the unique experiences of minority elders; further research will be developed based on the results from this pilot research. ..
- PD Neuroprotection Clinical Trial: Clinical CentersRobert Hauser; Fiscal Year: 2007..The University of South Florida Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center and affiliated clinics will enroll at least 84 ..
- ELECTRICAL INJURY-- ELECTROCONFORMATION OF MEM PROTEINSWei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will lead to a comprehensive understanding of the underlying mechanisms involved in electrical injury. ..
- Evaluation of the Quality of Clinical TrialsBenjamin Djulbegovic; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is also hoped that public confidence in COG research may further increase, which in turn will enable development of more rapid advances in the war against cancer. ..
- Quality of Research on Treatment Harms in CancerBenjamin Djulbegovic; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, the improvement of the reporting of harms would benefit physicians and above all patients, who need to understand the potential harms of the treatments they receive. ..
- Equipoise and the research integrity of clinical trialsBenjamin Djulbegovic; Fiscal Year: 2003..This proposal will answer both the question "what do trials do for us?" and assess the reliability of the research in which public has invested so much. ..
- Effects of what is known on memory for what is newDouglas Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ideas about activating associative structures developed in this project are being actively applied currently to the study of expectations concerning eating disorders, alcohol, and pain perception. ..
- ATRA effect on myeloid cell differentiation in cancerDmitry Gabrilovich; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the proposed clinical trial we will test the hypothesis that ATRA eliminates immature myeloid cells and improves differentiation of DC in cancer patients. If proven this approach can be used to enhance the effects of cancer vaccines. ..
- P53 Based Vaccine for Small Cell Lung CancerDmitry Gabrilovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim 2. Determine the immune modifying effect of immunization and chemotherapy on p53-specific immunity. ..
- Behavioral Oncology Education and Career DevelopmentPaul Jacobsen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed program builds upon extensive and productive collaborations among University of South Florida and Moffitt Cancer Center researchers in behavioral science, population science, epidemiology, ..
- Moffitt Aging and Cancer Program DevelopmentPaul Jacobsen; Fiscal Year: 2007..focus to include issues related to aging; and 5) the presence of numerous aging researchers at the University of South Florida (where all cancer center members hold their faculty appointments) interested in expanding their focus ..
- Feedback and Hormonal Regulation of Hepatic HMG-CoA ReductaseGENE CHARLES NESS; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Role of lipids in dendritic cell functionDmitry Gabrilovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..This new mechanism may suggest an entirely new approach to the treatment of immune defects associated with such disease as cancer by inhibiting accumulation of lipids. ..
- Conference on immune suppression in cancerDmitry Gabrilovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..Examine how different molecular pathways contribute to tumor escape of immune system control; Review and discuss how our knowledge of new mechanisms of tumor associated immune suppression can be translated into new therapeutics ..
- Epigenetic Markers for Lung Cancer DetectionJong Park; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed study will generate data that will be the groundwork for larger studies to validate the use of the identified methylation sites to develop markers for early lung cancer diagnosis. ..
- Feedback and Hormonal Regulation of Hepatic HMG-CoA ReductaseGENE NESS; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- WORDS AND PICTURES: CODING SENSORY AND MEANING FEATURESDouglas Nelson; Fiscal Year: 1980..The primary objective of this project is to evaluate and refine this conceptualization. Empirical emphasis will concentrate on identifying the nature of memory representation and retrieval as stimulus type and conditions are varied. ..
- Elucidation of epoxide hydrolase polymorphismsJong Park; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- EFFECTS OF IMPLICITLY ACTIVATED CONCEPTS ON MEMORYDouglas Nelson; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- IMPLICITLY ACTIVATED MEMORIES EFFECTS ON RECALLDouglas Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2000..g., the elderly, stroke victims, substance abusers, deaf, depressed, and so on) could provide useful information about how these individuals process information as well as providing helpful diagnostic information. ..
- Antitumor Mechanisms of SRC Inhibitors in Lung CancerEric Haura; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Potentiation of Topo Inhibitors by the HDACi, SAHAPamela Munster; Fiscal Year: 2007..These findings may be useful in the rational design of future clinical trials involving HDACi. ..
- Dental Practitioners and Eating Disorder PreventionRita DeBate; Fiscal Year: 2002..This project is unique in that it takes a theoretical approach involving the dental practitioner as a key participant in the secondary and tertiary prevention of eating disorders. ..
- Caregivers of Cancer Pain Patients: Coping InterventionMichael Weitzner; Fiscal Year: 2003..The effectiveness of the intervention will be tested as well as identification of potential mediators and moderators of the effectiveness of the intervention. ..
- The Role of Selective HDAC Enzymes in Drug SensitivityPamela Munster; Fiscal Year: 2007..In pre- and post-treatment tumor samples, we will determine which HDACs are involved in the cellular effects induced by the HDACi and which HDACs may predict response. ..