Genomes and Genes
University of Pittsburgh
Organization: University of Pittsburgh
- An integrative review of factors associated with falls during post-stroke rehabilitationGrace B Campbell
University of Pittsburgh, School of Nursing, 3500 Victoria Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 42:395-404. 2010..Our aims were to evaluate evidence of risk factors for falls among patients in stroke rehabilitation and to offer recommendations for clinical practice and future research...
- A model-based approach to attention and sensory integration in postural control of older adultsArash Mahboobin
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:1315-8. 2006..Differences in the time delay of the postural control model were found for age and IP task, suggesting enhanced vulnerability of balance processes in older adults to interference from interfering cognitive IP tasks...
- Volume of tobacco advertising in African American markets: systematic review and meta-analysisBrian A Primack
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Public Health Rep 122:607-15. 2007..This study compared the concentration (proportion of media messages that are for tobacco) and density (pro-tobacco media messages per person) of pro-tobacco media messages between African American and Caucasian markets...
- Reliability of use, abuse, and dependence of four types of inhalants in adolescents and young adultsTy A Ridenour
Center for Education and Drug Abuse Research, University of Pittsburgh, 711 Salk Hall, 3501 Terrace St, Pittsburgh, PA 15621, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 91:40-9. 2007..Alternative configurations of DSM-IV criteria that were consistent with previous research on adolescents provided excellent reliabilities across subtypes of inhalants. Moreover, 11.1% of participants experienced inhalants withdrawal...
- 16S ribosomal RNA methylation: emerging resistance mechanism against aminoglycosidesYohei Doi
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:88-94. 2007..A 2-tiered approach, consisting of disk diffusion tests followed by confirmation with polymerase chain reaction, is recommended for detection of 16S rRNA methylase-mediated resistance...
- An exploration of maternal intimate partner violence experiences and infant general health and temperamentJessica Griffin Burke
Department of Behavioral and Community Health Sciences, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, 218 Parran Hall, 130 DeSoto Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Matern Child Health J 12:172-9. 2008....
- Glucose infusion in mice: a new model to induce beta-cell replicationLaura C Alonso
University of Pittsburgh, Division of Endocrinology, 200 Lothrop St, BST E1140, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Diabetes 56:1792-801. 2007..Thus, we have developed a new model to study the regulation of compensatory beta-cell replication, and we describe important novel characteristics of mouse beta-cell responses to glucose in the living pancreas...
- Design of the next-generation medical implants with communication energy and portsMingui Sun
Laboratory for Computational Neuroscience, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 125:457-9. 2007..A practical design is presented consisting of a small, simple, and convenient external device called an energy pad...
- Mechanoregulation of gene expression in fibroblastsJames H C Wang
MechanoBiology Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, 210 Lothrop St, BST, E1640, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Gene 391:1-15. 2007..Future research directions in mechanoregulation of gene expression are also suggested...
- Vestibular function in migraine-related dizziness: a pilot studyJoseph M Furman
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, USA
J Vestib Res 15:327-32. 2005..We hypothesize that competing processes of serotonergic excitation and inhibition alter central vestibular pathways differently for semicircular canal vs. otolithic responses and for vestibulo-ocular vs. vestibulo-spinal pathways...
- The effect of prior disability history on subsequent functional transitionsSusan E Hardy
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 15213, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 61:272-7. 2006..Our objective was to determine the effect of prior disability on subsequent transitions between no disability, mild disability, severe disability, and death...
- Common medications prescribed for adolescent dental patientsPaul A Moore
School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 3501 Terrace Street, 552 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Dent Clin North Am 50:139-49, vii. 2006..This overview identifies prescription medications commonly used by adolescent patients and discusses their possible impact on dental care...
- Periodontal and soft tissue prevention strategies for the adolescent dental patientDeborah Studen-Pavlovich
School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 3501 Terrace Street, 366 A Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Dent Clin North Am 50:51-67, vi. 2006..Attention is placed on the development and prevention of acute and chronic gingival conditions in addition to gingival tissue enlargement as one side effect of certain medications...
- The metabolic syndrome is associated with reduced central serotonergic responsivity in healthy community volunteersMatthew F Muldoon
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Departments of Medicine and Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, 4015 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:718-21. 2006..The pathobiology of the metabolic syndrome remains unclear. The central nervous system is likely to be involved via regulation of eating, physical activity, blood pressure, and metabolism...
- EPO-KB: a searchable knowledge base of biomarker to protein linksJonathan L Lustgarten
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, 200 Meyran Ave M 183 Parkvale, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Bioinformatics 24:1418-9. 2008..EPO-KB also allows automated entry of additional m/z ratio to protein links and is expandable to the addition of gene to protein and protein to disease links...
- Blink before and after you think: blinks occur prior to and following cognitive load indexed by pupillary responsesGreg J Siegle
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychophysiology 45:679-87. 2008..Together these indices provide a rich picture of the time course of information processing, from early reactivity through sustained cognition, and after stimulus-related cognition ends...
- Gaze stabilization and gait performance in vestibular dysfunctionSusan L Whitney
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Gait Posture 29:194-8. 2009..The gaze stability test (GST) quantifies the ability of a person to recognize a target projected on a personal computer monitor during active head movement...
- Forecasting the economic value of an Enterovirus 71 (EV71) vaccineBruce Y Lee
Public Health Computational and Operations Research PHICOR, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, United States
Vaccine 28:7731-6. 2010..For populations with higher infection risk (≥0.4%), a $50 or $75 vaccine would be highly cost-effective even when vaccine efficacy is as low as 50%...
- To test or to treat? An analysis of influenza testing and antiviral treatment strategies using economic computer modelingBruce Y Lee
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11284. 2010..Due to the unpredictable burden of pandemic influenza, the best strategy to manage testing, such as rapid or polymerase chain reaction (PCR), and antiviral medications for patients who present with influenza-like illness (ILI) is unknown...
- Interrater reliability and validity of the stair ascend/descend test in subjects with total knee arthroplastyGustavo J Almeida
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 91:932-8. 2010....
- Association analysis of 33 lipoprotein candidate genes in multi-generational families of African ancestryI Miljkovic
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
J Lipid Res 51:1823-31. 2010..Future sequencing and functional studies of these loci may advance our understanding of genetic factors contributing to LDL-C in African ancestry populations...
- Violent behavior in borderline personalityChristina E Newhill
School of Social Work, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
J Pers Disord 23:541-54. 2009..These findings point to violence as a serious and prevalent problem among individuals with BPD, for whom targeted violence reduction strategies that take into account ASPD and psychopathic co-morbidity must be developed...
- Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis: discovering biomolecules for environmental bioremediationOm V Singh
Division of Biological and Health Science, University of Pittsburgh Bradford, Bradford, PA 16701, USA
Methods Mol Biol 599:141-56. 2010..This chapter also offers optimized ideal directions for 2DE, followed by easy-to-follow directions for a protein identification strategy using MALDI-TOF and targeting novel proteins/enzymes for a universal set of experiments...
- Prepregnancy body mass index, gestational weight gain, and the likelihood of major depressive disorder during pregnancyLisa M Bodnar
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1290-6. 2009..We assessed the relation between prepregnancy body mass index (BMI) and the likelihood of major depressive disorder (MDD) during pregnancy and tested whether this association was modified by gestational weight gain...
- Pancreatic cancer patients who smoke and drink are diagnosed at younger agesRandall E Brand
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Pittsburgh and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Hillman Cancer Center, 5117 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:1007-12. 2009....
- Association of the CPT1B gene with skeletal muscle fat infiltration in Afro-Caribbean menIva Miljkovic
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1396-401. 2009..03 and 0.007, respectively). Our results suggest a novel association between common nonsynonymous coding variants in CPT1B and ectopic skeletal muscle fat among middle-aged and older African ancestry men...
- Willingness to express emotions to caregiving spousesJoan K Monin
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Emotion 9:101-6. 2009..There were also gender differences, such that caregiving wives, in particular, benefited from their husband's willingness to express vulnerable (e.g., anxiety, sadness) and interpersonal emotions...
- Intrathalamic mechanisms of visual attentionJ Patrick Mayo
Department of Neuroscience, Center for Neuroscience at the University of Pittsburgh, Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurophysiol 101:1123-5. 2009..Recent work by McAlonan and colleagues supports Crick's hypothesis, thereby enhancing our understanding of the early stages of visual processing...
- An overview of the National Network for Immunization Information's websiteRichard K Zimmerman
Dept of Family Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, United States
Vaccine 27:965. 2009..Overall, NNii's website is balanced and informative, providing reviews for parents, patients, and clinicians. Having a website from a non-profit without financial conflicts of interest is key in the ongoing debates about vaccine safety...
- Coronary artery calcium and physical function in older adults: the Cardiovascular Health StudyMarco Inzitari
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 130 N Bellefield St, Room 518, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 63:1112-8. 2008..However, the association between CAC and physical function is unstudied...
- An evaluation of the Decisional Conflict Scale for measuring the quality of end-of-life decision makingMi Kyung Song
Department of Acute and Tertiary Care, School of Nursing, University of Pittsburgh, 3500 Victoria Street, 336 VB, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Patient Educ Couns 61:397-404. 2006..This study examines the psychometric characteristics of the Decisional Conflict Scale (DCS) when used as a measure of patients' evaluation of their end-of-life decision-making process...
- Acrophobia and pathological height vertigo: indications for vestibular physical therapy?Susan L Whitney
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Pittsburgh, 6035 Forbes Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Phys Ther 85:443-58. 2005..The purpose of this case report is to describe the use of vestibular physical therapy intervention following behavioral therapy to reduce a patient's visual dependence and height vertigo...
- Bladder cancer among chemical workers exposed to nitrogen products and other substancesGary M Marsh
Department of Biostatistics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Am J Ind Med 42:286-95. 2002..The internal population mainly comprised workers from the Nitrogen Products (NP) Division...
- Advance care planning is not about "getting it right"David Barnard
Department of Medicine and Center for Bioethics and Health Law, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Palliat Med 5:475-81. 2002
- Catalyzing bacterial speciation: correlating lateral transfer with genetic headroomJ G Lawrence
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Syst Biol 50:479-96. 2001..In this way, genetic headroom offers a potential metric for assessing the propensity of a lineage to speciate...
- Relationship between type of health insurance and time to inpatient rehabilitation placement for surgical subspecialty patientsP C Gerszten
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Med Qual 16:212-5. 2001..How this finding translates into an increase in cost of care or a decrease in patient outcomes is unknown...
- Retest reliability of prolactin response to dl-fenfluramine challenge in adultsJanine D Flory
Behavioral Physiology Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 26:269-72. 2002..57 for PRL "area under the curve," p <.0001). These findings are consistent with speculation that variability in indices of central serotonergic function reflects a temporally stable dimension of individual differences...
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease and the future of cardiovascular disease epidemiologyL H Kuller
University of Pittsburgh, Department of Epidemiology, GSPH, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Int J Epidemiol 30:S66-72. 2001....
- Conversion from cyclosporin to tacrolimus in paediatric liver transplant recipientsG V Mazariegos
Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA 15213, USA
Paediatr Drugs 3:661-72. 2001..Avoidance of cyclosporin-related toxicity and minimisation of corticosteroid therapy may further improve patient compliance to drug therapy...
- Use of a comprehensive state birth data system to assess mother's satisfaction with length of stayV M Dato
New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, Trenton, USA
Matern Child Health J 4:223-31. 2000..To assess length of stay, home visits, and mothers' feelings after full implementation of a law requiring a 48-hour minimum stay for women with normal vaginal deliveries...
- A questionnaire for the assessment of the multiple dimensions of motion sicknessP J Gianaros
Department of Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 72:115-9. 2001..A limited number of attempts have been made to develop a questionnaire that assesses the experience of motion sickness. Further, many available questionnaires quantify motion sickness as a unidimensional construct...
- Hormone replacement therapy is associated with higher FEV1 in elderly womenC L Carlson
Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 163:423-8. 2001..67 [95% CI 0.48, 0.95]). We conclude that postmenopausal women who use HRT have higher levels of FEV1 and less obstruction, which could not be explained by their lower rates of smoking and other health factors associated with HRT use...
- Child vaccination, part 1: routine vaccinesR K Zimmerman
Department of Family Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Fam Pract 49:S22-33. 2000..The first dose of measles-mumps-rubella vaccine is now recommended at age 12 to 15 months, simultaneous with varicella vaccine administration...
- Preglomerular microcirculation expresses the cAMP-adenosine pathwayE K Jackson
Center for Clinical Pharmacology, Departments of Pharmacology and Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 295:23-8. 2000..002). Propranolol (beta-adrenoceptor antagonist; 1 microM; n = 7), IBMX (1 mM; n = 14), and DPSPX (1 mM; n = 12) blocked (P =.037, P =.015, and P =.026, respectively) isoproterenol-induced increases in extracellular adenosine...
- Cationic colloidal silica membrane perturbation as a means of examining changes at the sinusoidal surface during liver regenerationD B Stolz
Department of Cell Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Pathol 155:1487-98. 1999..They also show considerable modulation of surface components that may regulate angiogenic processes at the end stage of liver regeneration during the reformation of sinusoids...
- Clinicopathological study of carcinoma of the breast in Benin CityM N Okobia
Department of Surgery, College of Medical Sciences, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City, Nigeria
Afr J Reprod Health 5:56-62. 2001..The five-year survival was 8.7%. We conclude that carcinoma of the breast is common in this community and that most of the patients present late to the hospital...
- Hormone replacement therapy and risk of cardiovascular disease: implications of the results of the Women's Health InitiativeLewis H Kuller
Department of Epidemiology, GSPH, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:11-6. 2003..The increased risk of CHD and stroke with E+P therapy may be attributable to rise in VLDL triglycerides and thrombosis...
- Exercise considerations for the sedentary, overweight adultJohn M Jakicic
Physical Activity and Weight Management Research Center, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Exerc Sport Sci Rev 31:91-5. 2003..This review will focus on the role of exercise in the management of body weight and factors that should be considered when prescribing exercise to overweight adults...
- Recent updates in the clinical use of platinum compounds for the treatment of lung, breast, and genitourinary tumors and myelomaChandra P Belani
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Semin Oncol 31:25-33. 2004..Recent clinical data on new chemotherapeutic strategies for the treatment of lung, breast, and genitourinary cancers and myeloma will be presented in this review...
- Extraction of overt verbal response from the acoustic noise in a functional magnetic resonance imaging scan by use of segmented active noise cancellationKwan Jin Jung
Brain Imaging Research Center, University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University, 3025 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, USA
Magn Reson Med 53:739-44. 2005..This method was successfully applied to a cognitive fMRI experiment with overt verbal responses...
- mt-Nd2 Allele of the ALR/Lt mouse confers resistance against both chemically induced and autoimmune diabetesC E Mathews
Department of Pediatrics, Diabetes Institute, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3460 5th Ave, Rangos Research Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Diabetologia 48:261-7. 2005..Here we show that the mitochondrial genome (mtDNA) of ALR mice contributes resistance to diabetes...
- Differential distribution of allelic variants in cytokine genes among African Americans and White AmericansRoberta B Ness
Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Epidemiol 160:1033-8. 2004..5-fold (95% CI: 1.8, 6.6) and 2.8-fold (95% CI: 1.6, 4.9) in African Americans. Cytokine genotypes found to be more common in African-American women were consistently those that up-regulate inflammation...
- Gene combination transfer to block autoimmune damage in transplanted islets of LangerhansSuzanne Bertera
Division of Immunogenetics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Rangos Research Center, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Exp Diabesity Res 5:201-10. 2004..Although the results of these cotransfections gave little evidence of a synergistic relationship, they were useful to show that gene combinations can be used to more efficiently protect islet grafts from diabetogenic T cells...
- State and trait affect as predictors of salivary cortisol in healthy adultsDeborah E Polk
Psychology Department, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 30:261-72. 2005..Differences in rhythmicity found here are noteworthy given the possible role of cortisol dysregulation in disease incidence, morbidity, mortality, and severity...
- The physiology of follicle selectionAnthony J Zeleznik
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2:31. 2004..The goal of this chapter is to summarize the current views regarding the natural process of follicle selection in primates and to discuss how this process may be amplified to produce a greater number of oocytes...
- Differential diagnosis and management of neonatal hypoglycemiaMark A Sperling
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 51:703-23, x. 2004..Delay in diagnosis may be associated with developmental delay. The mechanisms of hypoglycemia remain incompletely understood...
- Retrofitting a cast dowel-core on salvaged dental implantsDonald J Pipko
University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Prosthodont 13:52-4. 2004..The proposed technique is to retrofit the fabrication of a custom cast dowel-core and provisional use of a direct procedure, which provides accuracy of fit, retention, and ease of production...
- Kinetic analysis of genomewide gene expression reveals molecule circuitries that control T cell activation and Th1/2 differentiationBinfeng Lu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:3023-8. 2004..The kinetics of expression pattern of a number of transcription factors shed new light on the molecular events that shape the outcome of Th1/2 differentiation...
- Dental informatics: an emerging biomedical informatics disciplineTitus K L Schleyer
Center for Dental Informatics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Dent Educ 67:1193-200. 2003..However, there are indications that certain research questions in dental informatics require novel solutions that have not yet been developed in other informatics fields...
- Dopaminergic mechanisms underlying bladder hyperactivity in rats with a unilateral 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA) lesion of the nigrostriatal pathwayNaoki Yoshimura
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, U S A
Br J Pharmacol 139:1425-32. 2003..Thus, D1/D5 dopamine receptor agonists might be effective in treating neurogenic bladder hyperactivity in PD...
- Predictors of postmenopausal body mass index and waist hip ratio in the oklahoma postmenopausal health disparities studyJudith S Gavaler
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, 1014 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 22:269-76. 2003..Because the use of estrogen replacement has been reported to affect estimates of body fat mass in postmenopausal women, endocrine factors have also been evaluated...
- Parent-reported language and communication skills at one and two years of age in relation to otitis media in the first two years of lifeH M Feldman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2583, USA
Pediatrics 104:e52. 1999....
- INCIDENT REPORTING IN NURSING HOMESNicholas Castle; Fiscal Year: 2008..This information will further our development of a standardized incident reporting mechanism recommended by the Institute of Medicine and others. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EXAMINING NURSING HOME COMPARENicholas Castle; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- The Influence of Staff Turnover on QualityNicholas Castle; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Staffing Characteristics of Nursing Homes and QualityNicholas Castle; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DETERMINING/UNDERSTANDING BARRIERS TO ADULT IMMUNIZATIONRichard Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2001..This project will furnish relevant, up-to-date to enhance policy planning, practice management and medical education. ..
- C. Neoformans Infection in Organ Transplant RecipientsNina Singh; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, the data regarding reactivation or primary infection has implications relevant for the prevention of C. neoformans infection in transplant recipients. ..
- Inflammation and Ovarian CancerClareann Bunker; Fiscal Year: 2008..In particular, NSAID use may prove to be a potentially important chemopreventative for this often-fatal disease. ..
- REDUCTION OF TRIGLYCERIDES IN WOMEN ON HRTLewis Kuller; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF HEREDITARY PANCREATITISDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2008..The HP and familial pancreatitis studies are especially important because of the statistical power of family studies and the ability to detect modifier genes in a uniform background of susceptibility factors. ..
- 14th Internatinal Symposium on Inherited DiseasesDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2004..The format, venue, and content are designed to maximize participation, education, translation and implementation of the key elements of the many new findings in the genetics of the pancreas. ..
- NAPS2 Continuation - Genome-Wide Association Study of PancreatitisDavid C Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge of the genetic basis of pancreatitis will lead to new treatments, and help remove the stigma that chronic pancreatitis is only a disease of drunkards. ..