Genomes and Genes
University of New Mexico
Organization: University of New Mexico
- Commentary: what if high-quality care drove medical education? A multiattribute approachDavid P Sklar
University of New Mexico, School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Acad Med 85:1401-4. 2010....
- Modulation of temporally coherent brain networks estimated using ICA at rest and during cognitive tasksVince D Calhoun
Olin Neuropsychiatry Research Center, Institute of Living, Hartford, Connecticut 06106, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 29:828-38. 2008..In summary, TCNs show considerable promise as potential imaging biological markers of brain diseases, though each network needs to be studied in more detail...
- Consumptive coagulopathy associated with Gorham syndrome and subsequent Kasabach-Merritt syndrome during pregnancy: a case reportEliza M F Berkley
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, USA
J Reprod Med 52:1103-6. 2007..Gorham and Kasabach-Merritt syndrome are rare diagnoses that can complicate pregnancy by increasing the risk of pelvic fracture and consumptive coagulopathy, respectively...
- Microbial responses to nitrogen addition in three contrasting grassland ecosystemsLydia H Zeglin
Department of Biology, MSC03 2020, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Oecologia 154:349-59. 2007..91, P < 0.001). In these grassland ecosystems, soil microbial responses appear constrained by a molecular-scale (pH) edaphic factor, making potential breakdown rates of SOM resistant to N enrichment...
- Early beneficial effect of matrix metalloproteinase inhibition on blood-brain barrier permeability as measured by magnetic resonance imaging countered by impaired long-term recovery after stroke in rat brainRohit R Sood
Department of Neurology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:431-8. 2008....
- Regional disparities in treatment and survival of early stage non-small cell lung cancerRichard E Crowell
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine and Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Ethn Dis 17:358-64. 2007..As a large proportion of residents in New Mexico are either Hispanic or reside in rural areas, we hypothesized that mortality of patients with early stage NSCLC would be higher in New Mexico compared to other areas of the country...
- Relationship of stages of change to attendance in a diabetes prevention programDeborah L Helitzer
Health Evaluation and Research Office, Department of Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Am J Health Promot 21:517-20. 2007..To determine whether preintervention stage-of-change measures are indicative of subsequent attendance at diabetes prevention intervention sessions...
- Public health informatics training in New MexicoJonathan D Eldredge
J Med Libr Assoc 95:343-6. 2007
- Obesity counseling and guidelines in primary care: a qualitative studyRobert R Leverence
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Am J Prev Med 32:334-339. 2007..The principal aim of this study was to examine the views of clinicians on obesity counseling and to compare these views to the recommendations of leading obesity guidelines...
- Effect of synthetic matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors on lipopolysaccharide-induced blood-brain barrier opening in rodents: Differences in response based on strains and solventsGary A Rosenberg
Department of Neurology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Brain Res 1133:186-92. 2007..Understanding these differences may provide important clues that could guide selection of MMPIs in treatment of neurological diseases...
- Testing of an orthogonal measure of cultural identification with adult mission IndiansKamilla L Venner
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse and Addictions, Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131 1161, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 12:632-43. 2006..Confirmatory factor analysis revealed 2 factors: (1) Anglo American Identification and (2) Native American Identification. These results indicate the OCIS is a reliable and valid instrument for use with adult Native Americans...
- Reliability of mutagen sensitivity assay: an inter-laboratory comparisonEsther Erdei
University of New Mexico, School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and New Mexico Cancer Research and Treatment Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Mutagenesis 21:261-4. 2006....
- Commentary: challenges for the field in overcoming disparities through a CBPR approachNina Wallerstein
Masters in Public Health Program, Department of Family and Community Medicine, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Ethn Dis 16:S146-8. 2006
- Incidence and survival rates for female malignant germ cell tumorsHarriet O Smith
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 5286, USA
Obstet Gynecol 107:1075-85. 2006..To evaluate 30-year, population-based trends in incidence and survival rates for malignant germ cell tumors originating within the female genital tract...
- The morphology and syntax of individuals who use AAC: research review and implications for effective practiceCathy Binger
Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences, University of New Mexico 87131 0001 USA
Augment Altern Commun 24:123-38. 2008..Considerations for developing such tools and techniques are discussed...
- Kumho, Daubert, and the nature of scientific inquiry: implications for forensic anthropologyChristopher R Grivas
Department of Anthropology, MSC01 1040, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
J Forensic Sci 53:771-6. 2008..This paper examines the impact of Daubert and Kumho on forensic anthropology and illustrates areas of anthropological testimony best admitted under Kumho's guidance...
- Functional genomics and SNP analysis of human genes encoding proline metabolic enzymesChien an A Hu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Amino Acids 35:655-64. 2008....
- Operation of a radiopharmacy for a clinical trialJeffrey P Norenberg
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Semin Nucl Med 40:347-56. 2010..All procedures for radiopharmaceutical drug accountability must comply with applicable federal regulations and the specific requirements specified by the study sponsor...
- Use of the talking circle for Comanche women's breast health educationEmily A Haozous
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
J Transcult Nurs 21:377-85. 2010..To do so for Comanche American Indian women requires understanding the cultural constructs that influence the use of screening and treatment recommendations...
- "Pine mouth" syndrome: cacogeusia following ingestion of pine nuts (genus: pinus). An emerging problem?Marc David Munk
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
J Med Toxicol 6:158-9. 2010..It is not known if a specific species of pine nut can be implicated. "Pine mouth" appears to be an emerging problem...
- Caught in the act: quantifying protein behaviour in living cellsDiane S Lidke
Department of Pathology and Cancer Center, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Trends Cell Biol 19:566-74. 2009..In this review, we illustrate the power of emerging fluorescence microscopy techniques to capture and quantify protein dynamics...
- Control of autophagy initiation by phosphoinositide 3-phosphatase JumpyIsabelle Vergne
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
EMBO J 28:2244-58. 2009....
- Schistosomes in the southwest United States and their potential for causing cercarial dermatitis or 'swimmer's itch'S V Brant
Division of Parasitology, Department of Biology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110, USA
J Helminthol 83:191-8. 2009..Our survey suggests that dermatitis-causing schistosomes are not rare in the southwest, and that there are plenty of opportunities for dermatitis outbreaks to occur in this region...
- The effects of warning smokers on perceived risk, worry, and motivation to quitRenee E Magnan
North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND, USA
Ann Behav Med 37:46-57. 2009..Research concerning motives for smoking cessation has focused on beliefs (cognitions) that people have, especially risk perceptions, with less attention directed to worry (negative affect) concerning one's smoking...
- An anomaly against a current paradigm--extremely low rates of individual fecundity variability of the Gordian worm (Nematomorpha: Gordiida)B Hanelt
Department of Biology, University of New Mexico, MSC03 2020, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA mail
Parasitology 136:211-8. 2009..In addition, male body length appeared to be limited by intensity, whereas females showed no length limitation by crowding. These results contrast previous studies of parasites...
- Cervical cancer screening in the early post vaccine eraAlan G Waxman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, MSC10 5580, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 35:537-48; vii. 2008....
- Hypertension, cardiac hypertrophy, and impaired vascular relaxation induced by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin are associated with increased superoxidePhillip G Kopf
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, MSC09 5360, 2502 Marble NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Cardiovasc Toxicol 8:181-93. 2008..Our model is the first to definitely demonstrate that sustained AhR activation by TCDD increases blood pressure and induces cardiac hypertrophy, which may be mediated, in part, by increased superoxide...
- Nutrition during pregnancyJean T Cox
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 35:369-83, viii. 2008..This article discusses aspects of, and controversies concerning, prenatal weight gain and specific nutrients, and special patient groups who may benefit from intervention by a registered dietitian...
- Cancer among American Indians and Alaska Natives in the United States, 1999-2004Charles L Wiggins
New Mexico Tumor Registry, University of New Mexico Cancer Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Cancer 113:1142-52. 2008..However, the misclassification of race for AI/AN cancer cases in central cancer registries may have led to underestimates of the AI/AN cancer burden in previous reports...
- Nuclear medicine exposure in the United States, 2005-2007: preliminary resultsFred A Mettler
Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Service, NMVAHCS, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Semin Nucl Med 38:384-91. 2008..75 mSv and the collective dose to about 220,000 person Sv. There also has been a marked shift in the type of procedures being performed with cardiac scanning accounting for about 70% of procedures...
- Growth rates and life histories in twenty-two small-scale societiesRobert Walker
Department of Anthropology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, 87131, USA
Am J Hum Biol 18:295-311. 2006..In sum, the origin and maintenance of different human ontogenies may require explanations invoking both environmental constraints and selective pressures...
- Beer consumption among hazardous drinkers during pregnancyWilliam F Rayburn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, 87131, USA
Obstet Gynecol 107:355-60. 2006..The objective of this study was to examine the prevalence of beer consumption among hazardous drinkers in our pregnant patient population...
- Capacity building of leaders in healthcare organizations: monitoring organization-wide implementation of the clinical practice modelKaren Grigsby
College of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Neb, USA
J Nurs Adm 32:398-404. 2002....
- Hydroxylase enzymes of the vitamin D pathway: expression, function, and regulationJohn L Omdahl
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 5221, USA
Annu Rev Nutr 22:139-66. 2002..The regulatory complex is assembled on vitamin D response elements in the proximal promoter of the P450C24 gene and functions to increase the transcription rate...
- An intervention package to support high school students with mental retardation in general education classroomsSusan R Copeland
Vanderbilt University, USA
Am J Ment Retard 107:32-45. 2002..Three of 4 participants also correctly and independently evaluated their performance in relation to their performance goals. Findings are discussed and recommendations made for future research and practice...
- Do poison center triage guidelines affect healthcare facility referrals?B E Benson
New Mexico Poison and Drug Information Center, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 39:433-8. 2001....
- High resolution mapping of mast cell membranes reveals primary and secondary domains of Fc(epsilon)RI and LATB S Wilson
Department of Pathology and Cancer Research and Treatment Center, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Cell Biol 154:645-58. 2001..We propose that activated mast cells propagate signals from primary domains organized around Fc(epsilon)RIbeta and from secondary domains, including one organized around LAT...
- Behavioral inferences from the Skhul/Qafzeh early modern human hand remainsW A Niewoehner
Department of Anthropology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:2979-84. 2001....
- Influence of curing on the adhesive and thermomechanical properties of an applied acrylic polymerL A Felton
University of New Mexico, Health Sciences Center, College of Pharmacy, 2502 Marble NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 6:53-9. 2001..Substrate hydrophobicity was also found to influence the curing process, suggesting that the mechanisms involved in film formation and polymer-substrate adhesion may contribute to the internal stresses within the film...
- Mortality reduction with air bag and seat belt use in head-on passenger car collisionsC S Crandall
Department of Emergency Medicine, Center for Injury Prevention Research and Education, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Am J Epidemiol 153:219-24. 2001..Combined air bag and seat belt use reduced mortality by more than 80% (OR = 0.18, 95% CI: 0.13, 0.25). Thus, this study confirms the independent effect of air bags and seat belts in reducing mortality...
- Metabolic and cognitive response to human traumatic brain injury: a quantitative proton magnetic resonance studyW M Brooks
Clinical and Magnetic Resonance Research Center, Department of Neurosciences, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, USA
J Neurotrauma 17:629-40. 2000..002). 1H-MRS offers a noninvasive approach to assessing neuronal injury and inflammation following TBI, and may provide unique data for patient management and assessment of therapeutic efficacy...
- Developmental instability and working memory ability in children: a magnetic resonance spectroscopy investigationR A Yeo
Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 17:143-59. 2000..Working memory skills thus seem related to frontal lobe energy metabolism, which in turn is related to DI...
- Antibiotic dispensing by drug retailers in Kathmandu, NepalD A Wachter
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, USA
Trop Med Int Health 4:782-8. 1999..OBJECTIVES To assess over-the-counter antimicrobial dispensing by drug retailers in Kathmandu, Nepal, for rationality, safety, and compliance with existing government regulations...
- MRI morphometry of mamillary bodies, caudate nuclei, and prefrontal cortices after chemotherapy for childhood leukemia: multivariate models of early and late developing memory subsystemsK T Ciesielski
Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Behav Neurosci 113:439-50. 1999..Multiple regression models provide evidence for partial dissociation and connectivity between the subsystems, and suggest that greater involvement of caudate may compensate for inefficient corticolimbic-diencephalic components...
- Discrete trait and dental morphometric affinities of the Tabun 2 mandibleV H Stefan
Department of Anthropology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
J Hum Evol 34:443-68. 1998....
- Ear, nose and throat disorders in children with Down syndromeRon B Mitchell
Department of Surgery, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, 915 Camino de Salud, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Laryngoscope 113:259-63. 2003..To document the reasons for which children with Down syndrome were referred to a pediatric otolaryngology practice, the underlying causes for these referrals, and the complications of routine surgical therapy...
- Training with the International Space Station interim resistive exercise deviceSuzanne M Schneider
NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 35:1935-45. 2003..A unique, interim elastomer-based resistive exercise device (iRED) is being used on the International Space Station...
- Silica exposure and systemic vasculitisKaren B Mulloy
Program in Occupational and Environmental Health, Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131 0001, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:1933-8. 2003..However, the only diseases covered by EEOICP are cancers related to radiation exposure, chronic beryllium disease, and chronic silicosis...
- To pump or not to pumpDavid S Schade
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 7:845-8. 2005
- Student-developed problem-based learning cases: preparing for rural healthcare practiceBetsy VanLeit
Rural Health Interdisciplinary Program and Occupational Therapy Graduate Program, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 001, USA
Educ Health (Abingdon) 18:416-26. 2005..Student-developed problem-based learning (PBL) cases are a central feature of the RHIP and an important educational focus of learning...
- A neck mass in a 57-year-old manChad R Rund
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:e171-2. 2005
- Thalidomide in the treatment of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: a phase II trialYehuda Z Patt
Cancer Research and Treatment Center, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Cancer 103:749-55. 2005..The current study was conducted to assess the antitumor activity, treatment tolerance, treatment-related toxicity, and patient survival after the administration of thalidomide in a Phase II trial...
- Intimate partner violence in American Indian and/or Alaska Native communities: a social ecological framework of determinants and interventionsJohn Oetzel
Dept of Communication and Journalism, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Am Indian Alsk Native Ment Health Res 11:49-68. 2004..The interventions address a variety of determinants including gender, age, socioeconomic status, alcohol, European colonization, and infrastructure...
- Neurodevelopmental outcome and growth at 18 to 22 months' corrected age in extremely low birth weight infants treated with early erythropoietin and ironRobin K Ohls
Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Pediatrics 114:1287-91. 2004..Clinical trials evaluating the use of erythropoietin (Epo) have demonstrated a limited reduction in transfusions; however, long-term developmental follow-up data are scarce...
- Amyloid myopathy: characteristic features of a still underdiagnosed diseaseJohn E Chapin
Department of Neurology, MSC 10 5620, 1 University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Muscle Nerve 31:266-72. 2005..Amyloid myopathy should be a consideration in adults with progressive neuromuscular weakness of uncertain cause...
- Pharmacy education: beyond the basicsManjunath P Pai
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Pharmacotherapy 24:690-1; discussion 691-3. 2004
- Morphological disparity as a biodiversity metric in lower bathyal and abyssal gastropod assemblagesCraig R McClain
Department of Biology, University of Massachusetts, 100 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, Massachusetts 02125, USA
Evolution 58:338-48. 2004..The lower bathyal fauna contains a fairly equable mix of species abundances, trophic modes, and shell types. The abyssal group is numerically dominated by species that are deposit feeders with compact unsculptured shells...
- Ethical decision-making by students in physical and occupational therapyKathy Dieruf
Physical Therapy Program, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 001, USA
J Allied Health 33:24-30. 2004..This research study was designed to determine the impact of the educational programs at the University of New Mexico (UNM) in PT and OT on the moral reasoning of the students as measured by the Defining Issues Test (DIT)...
- Schizophrenia research participants' responses to protocol safeguards: recruitment, consent, and debriefingLaura Weiss Roberts
Empirical Ethics Group, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center Institute for Ethics, MSC09 5030, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Schizophr Res 67:283-91. 2004..To examine the perspectives and preferences regarding ethically important aspects of recruitment, consent, and debriefing of people with schizophrenia who volunteered for research protocols...
- Coordinated increase in albumin, fibrinogen, and muscle protein synthesis during hemodialysis: role of cytokinesDominic S C Raj
Division of Nephrology, ACC 5th Floor, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, 2211 Lomas Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 286:E658-64. 2004..The coordinated increase in the FSRs is facilitated by constant delivery of amino acids derived from the muscle catabolism and intradialytic increase in IL-6...
- Emergency contraception: pharmacy access in Albuquerque, New MexicoEve Espey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Health Sciences Center, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:918-21. 2003..The goal of this study was to investigate whether women presenting to pharmacies in a moderately sized metropolitan area with a prescription for Plan B or Preven could get it filled...
- Head, face, and neck trauma from large animal injury in New MexicoR T Temes
Department of Surgery, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque 87131, USA
J Trauma 43:492-5. 1997..Head, face, and neck injuries (HFNI) occur during animal-related trauma. We compared patients with HFNI and without HFNI after animal-related injuries to determine the significance of these injuries...
- Primary Care Colorectal Ca Screening Surveillance SystemRichard Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2005..surveillance system involving the New Mexico Veterans Administration (VA) Health Care System, the University of New Mexico School of Medicine, and the Lovelace Sandia Health System...
- Characterization of a large protein interaction networkAndreas Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed work will put this speculation to an end for a key genetic network, some of whose conserved components are also involved in the etiology of human disease. ..
- MOVING MOTIVATIONAL INTERVIEWING INTO PRACTICEWilliam Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..A parallel substudy will implement and evaluate MI training of Spanish-speaking clinicians. ..
- BEHAVIORAL/PHARMACOLOGIC TREATMENT OF ALCOHOLISMWilliam Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, each study site has provided site-specific information on the budget, budget justifications, listing of key personnel, consultant/consortium agreements, and human subjects sections of their respective proposals. ..
- Clinical Trials Network: New Mexico NodeWilliam Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002The University of New Mexico Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions (CASAA) submits a revised application to join the NIDA Clinical Trials Network as a Regional Research and Training Center and coordinate a New Mexico Node...
- BEHAVIORAL/PHARMACOLOGIC TREATMENT OF ALCOHOLISMWilliam Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002DESCRIPTION: The University of New Mexico's Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions (CASAA) offers to participate as a Clinical Research Unit (CRU) in the multisite trial, Combined Behavioral/Pharmacological Treatment of ..
- PROGRAMMATIC TREATMENT INNOVATION RESEARCHWilliam Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mitochondrial Function and mtDNA Deletions in SarcopeniaDominic Raj; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Hyperacidification and Pseudomonas infections in CFVojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- M. tuberculosis defenses against host oxidant systems.Vojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2006..The phenomena addressed in this proposal will provide a foundation for development of new therapies that will improve present treatments of tuberculosis. ..
- Pattern Recognition Receptors and Autophagy in Mtb Control in AIDSVOJO P DERETIC; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our project will lead to novel treatments of difficult cases such as drug resistant MTB in AIDS patients. ..
- Pseudomonas in Cystic Fibrosis-Regulation of MucoidyVojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies are expected to improve our understanding of respiratory pathogenesis in CF, and lead to new treatments of presently incurable lung infections associated with this disease...
- Cytokine Gene Polymorphism in CRIC CohortDominic Raj; Fiscal Year: 2007..Significance: Identification of the high risk genotypes can lead to early and aggressive interventions aimed at the target population. ..
- Mechanism of M. tuberculosis Phagosome Maturation ArrestVojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2007..tuberculosis and provide a foundation for new interventions potentially combating both active disease and latent infection. ..
- M. tuberculosis defenses against host oxidant systems.Vojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2007..The phenomena addressed in this proposal will provide a foundation for development of new therapies that will improve present treatments of tuberculosis. ..
- Autophagy in TuberculosisVOJO P DERETIC; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our studies will provide novel pharmacological and immunological approaches in treatment and prophylaxis of tuberculosis, with strong implications for immunity and infectious diseases in general. ..
- Autophagy in TuberculosisVojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our studies will provide novel pharmacological and immunological approaches in treatment and prophylaxis of tuberculosis, with strong implications for immunity and infectious diseases in general. ..
- PSEUDOMONAS IN CYSTIC FIBROSIS--REGULATION OF MUCOIDYVojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2001..aeruginosa virulence and pathogenesis in CF with implications for pharmacological or immunological intervention. ..
- LOSS OF OXYR IN M TUBERCULOSISVojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed studies are expected to improve understanding of the elusive virulence attributes of M. tuberculosis, and may help explain, at least in part, its high sensitivity to the front-line antituberculosis agent INH. ..
- International Neuropsychological Study of FASD--U01Philip May; Fiscal Year: 2005..Indian sample volunteers are from a large group of children diagnosed with FASD (n-100) through the University of New Mexico FAS Epidemiology Research and Prevention Project...