Genomes and Genes
University of Miami
Organization: University of Miami
- Transfection of molecular beacons in microchannels for single-cell gene-expression analysisNa Li
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Miami, 1251 Memorial Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33124 0624, USA
Bioanalysis 2:1689-99. 2010..Nevertheless, there has been relatively little study on transfection of molecular beacons in microfluidic channels...
- Impact of oxypurinol in patients with symptomatic heart failure. Results of the OPT-CHF studyJoshua M Hare
The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida v, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:2301-9. 2008....
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism in the hospitalized medical patientAmir K Jaffer
Department of Medicine, Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 75:S7-16. 2008....
- Prematurity and potential predictorsTiffany Field
Touch Research Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Int J Neurosci 118:277-89. 2008..A program of research that links an intervention for prematurity with a predictor for prematurity, that is, massage therapy to reduce cortisol and, in turn, reduce prematurity, is then presented...
- Induction therapy in renal transplantation : an overview of current developmentsGaetano Ciancio
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Drugs 67:2667-80. 2007..The specific agents used for induction therapy to date, and the rationale for their introduction and mechanisms of action are discussed in this review...
- Incidence and crash mechanisms of aortic injury during the past decadeCarl I Schulman
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
J Trauma 62:664-7. 2007..We hypothesized the implementation of recent safety measures would decrease the incidence of aortic injury associated with fatal motor vehicle crashes...
- Early management of the traumatized airwayEdgar J Pierre
Department of Anesthesiology Perioperative Medicine and Pain Management, Ryder Trauma Center, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Anesthesiol Clin 25:1-11, vii. 2007..Comprehensive understanding of the injury is mandatory to plan the best timing and method to secure the airway...
- Insulin detemir improves glycaemic control with less hypoglycaemia and no weight gain in patients with type 2 diabetes who were insulin naive or treated with NPH or insulin glargine: clinical practice experience from a German subgroup of the PREDICTIVE stL F Meneghini
Diabetes Research Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 9:418-27. 2007....
- Smoking rate trends in U.S. occupational groups: the 1987 to 2004 National Health Interview SurveyDavid J Lee
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
J Occup Environ Med 49:75-81. 2007..It is unknown if the gap in smoking rates observed between United States blue- and white-collar workers over the past four decades has continued into the new millennium...
- Impact of thiazolidenediones on serum lipoprotein levelsRonald B Goldberg
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1450 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 8:397-404. 2006..The clinical implications of these effects need further exploration...
- Factors related to medication adherence in memory disorder clinic patientsR L Ownby
Department of Psychology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA
Aging Ment Health 10:378-85. 2006..Results thus suggest that efforts to educate patients about the likely response of their medical condition to treatment and to assess and deal with medication side effects might improve patient adherence...
- Spinal cord gliomas: A multi-institutional retrospective analysisMay Abdel-Wahab
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:1060-71. 2006..To determine the impact of postoperative radiation therapy (POXRT) on outcome in spinal cord gliomas...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for early breast cancer: optimal use of epirubicinStefan Gluck
Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Florida, USA
Oncologist 10:780-91. 2005....
- Treatment of local breast carcinoma in Florida: the role of the distance to radiation therapy facilitiesLydia Voti
Florida Cancer Data System, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Cancer 106:201-7. 2006..However, limited access to healthcare may result in more extensive surgical treatment. The effect of distance to radiation therapy facilities on the likelihood of receiving BCSR was examined in Florida...
- Psychological rehabilitation of pediatric burn patientsT JoAnna Nguyen
Miller School of Medicine, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Florida 33101, USA
J Craniofac Surg 19:882-7. 2008..Successful psychologic rehabilitation depends on a coordinated interdisciplinary burn care team, family, and the school environment, as well as the child...
- Of cardiovascular illness and diversity of biological responsePascal J Goldschmidt-Clermont
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Trends Cardiovasc Med 18:194-7. 2008....
- Cochlin expression in anterior segment organ culture models after TGFbeta2 treatmentSanjoy K Bhattacharya
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:551-9. 2009..To determine the effect of transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta2 treatment on intraocular pressure (IOP), outflow facility, and cochlin expression in vitro in monkey and pig organ-cultured anterior segments (MOCAS and POCAS)...
- Improving image segmentation performance and quantitative analysis via a computer-aided grading methodology for optical coherence tomography retinal image analysisDelia Cabrera DeBuc
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Biomed Opt 15:046015. 2010..Our methodology facilitates a more robust and localized quantification of the retinal structure in normal healthy controls and patients with clinically significant intraretinal features...
- Making the case for circumcision as a public health strategy: opening the dialogueJose G Castro
Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:367-72. 2010..Results suggest that promotion of MC as an HIV risk reduction strategy must begin with the support of medical practitioners to promote the endorsement of MC as a prevention strategy...
- Risk factors for intestinal failure in infants with necrotizing enterocolitis: a Glaser Pediatric Research Network studyDebora Duro
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Pediatr 157:203-208.e1. 2010..To determine risk factors for intestinal failure (IF) in infants undergoing surgery for necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)...
- Frequency coding of particle motion by saccular afferents of a teleost fishZhongmin Lu
Department of Biology, University of Miami, 1301 Memorial Drive, Room 4, Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
J Exp Biol 213:1591-601. 2010....
- Project ROADMAP: Reeducating Older Adults in Maintaining AIDS Prevention: a secondary intervention for older HIV-positive adultsLourdes Illa
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, 1695 NW 9th Ave, Suite 1404 H, Miami, FL 33136, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 22:138-47. 2010..The purpose of this article is to report the 6-month outcomes of a behavioral intervention designed to reduce sexual risk behaviors in older HIV-positive adults...
- Edge-linked dynamics and the scale-dependence of competitive dominanceRobert Stephen Cantrell
Department of Mathematics, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33124
Math Biosci Eng 2:833-68. 2005..The work highlights the importance of patch size to understanding species interactions and demonstrates that competitive dominance can be a scale- dependent trait...
- A dual function TAR Decoy serves as an anti-HIV siRNA delivery vehicleHoshang J Unwalla
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Virol J 7:33. 2010..TARmiR was able to inhibit HIV gene expression as a TAR decoy and by RNA interference when challenged with infectious proviral DNA. The implications of this dual function therapeutic would be discussed...
- Review of results from the Tube Versus Trabeculectomy StudySteven J Gedde
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 21:123-8. 2010..This article reviews published results from the TVT Study...
- Unusual modification of the cabrol shunt for control of hemorrhage in acute type a aortic dissectionAnthony L Panos
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, and Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Card Surg 24:544-6. 2009..She developed life-threatening hemorrhage at the root of the aorta, which could not be controlled with usual measures. A modification of the original Cabrol shunt allowed for successful control of bleeding...
- Acute conjunctivitis: truth and misconceptionsTerrence P O'Brien
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer at Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:1953-61. 2009..A panel of ophthalmology experts was assembled to review and discuss the current evidence based literature as it pertains to each of these persistent controversies...
- Thinking about feelings: emotion focus in the parenting of children with early developmental riskJ K Baker
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33124 0751, USA
J Intellect Disabil Res 53:450-62. 2009....
- Objective tremor registration during DBS surgery for essential tremorSpiridon Papapetropoulos
Division of Movement Disorders, Department of Neurology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, United States
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 111:376-9. 2009..Simple electronic tremor registration methods during DBS of the Vim nucleus of the thalamus may supplement the existing methodology that is solely based on subjective measures derived from clinical observations...
- Digenic inheritance of non-syndromic deafness caused by mutations at the gap junction proteins Cx26 and Cx31Xue Zhong Liu
Department of Otolaryngology D 48, University of Miami, 1666 NW 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Hum Genet 125:53-62. 2009..Together, our data indicate that a genetic interaction between these two connexin genes can lead to hearing loss...
- Update on respiratory management of critically ill neurologic patientsAlejandro A Rabinstein
Department of Neurology, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1150 MW 14th street, Suite 304, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 5:476-82. 2005....
- Biologic effects of calcium-containing crystalsHerman S Cheung
Miami Veterans Administration Medical Center and Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 17:336-40. 2005..The purpose of this review is to highlight the recent findings of the biologic effect of these crystals...
- Dissociated human embryonic and fetal adrenal glands in neural stem cell culture system: open fate for neuronal, nonneuronal, and chromaffin lineages?Jean Claude Bes
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 971:563-72. 2002
- Diabetes trends in the USAJay S Skyler
Pediatrics and Psychology, Division of Endocrinology, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 18:S21-6. 2002..On an arbitrary gradient scale of 1 to 4 (with 1 being primitive and 4 being comprehensive), the US is only at stage 2 for diabetes care systems, indicating a pressing need for improvement in diabetes care...
- Right frontal EEG and pregnancy/neonatal outcomesTiffany Field
Touch Research Institutes, University of Miami School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics D 820, P O Box 016820, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Psychiatry 65:35-47. 2002..A discriminant function analysis based on the mothers' prenatal depression scores and biochemical measures correctly classified 74% of the women as greater relative right or left frontal EEG group members...
- Chronic pain after spinal injury: interference with sleep and daily activitiesE G Widerström-Noga
Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, FL, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 82:1571-7. 2001....
- An octyl-2-cyanoacrylate formulation speeds healing of partial-thickness woundsS C Davis
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Dermatol Surg 27:783-8. 2001..Occlusive dressings have been known to accelerate the rate of healing. Every year new dressings are being introduced in the marketplace...
- Bridging areas of injury in the spinal cordM B Bunge
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33101, USA
Neuroscientist 7:325-39. 2001..The compelling question today is: What combinations of the strategies discussed, or new ones, along with an initial neuroprotective treatment, will substantially improve outcome after spinal cord injury?..
- Can the Treatment Services Review be used to estimate the costs of addiction and ancillary services?M T French
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Miami D93, P O Box 016069, Third Floor, Highland Professional Building, 1801 Northwest 9th Avenue, Miami, FL 33101, USA
J Subst Abuse 12:341-61. 2000..This paper examines whether a widely used treatment evaluation instrument, the Treatment Services Review (TSR), can be used to estimate the costs of addiction and ancillary services...
- Increases in manic symptoms after life events involving goal attainmentS L Johnson
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, P O Box 249229, Coral Gables, Florida 33124 2070, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 109:721-7. 2000..These results are congruent with a series of recent polarity-specific findings...
- EcoGene: a genome sequence database for Escherichia coli K-12K E Rudd
Department of Biochemistry, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101 6129, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 28:60-4. 2000..Users can search and retrieve individual EcoGene GenePages or they can download large datasets for incorporation into database management systems, facilitating various genome-scale computational and functional analyses...
- Spontaneous deleterious mutation in Arabidopsis thalianaS T Schultz
Department of Biology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33124, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:11393-8. 1999....
- D3 dopamine and kappa opioid receptor alterations in human brain of cocaine-overdose victimsD C Mash
Department of Neurology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida 33136, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 877:507-22. 1999..Understanding the complex regulatory profiles of DA and opioid synaptic markers that occur with chronic misuse of cocaine may suggest multitarget strategies for treating cocaine dependence...
- Synaptic facilitation by reflected action potentials: enhancement of transmission when nerve impulses reverse direction at axon branch pointsS A Baccus
Neuroscience Program, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:8345-50. 1998..Reflection thus allows a neuron to amplify synaptic transmission from a selected group of its branches in a way that can be regulated by electrical activity...
- An electronic case manager for diabetes controlL F Meneghini
Diabetes Research Institute, Eleanor and Joseph Kosow Diagnostic and Treatment Center, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33101, USA
Diabetes Care 21:591-6. 1998..Sustained improvement in blood glucose control is the proven treatment outcome that will reduce or eliminate the long-term complications of diabetes...
- Human, nonhuman primate, and rat pancreatic islets express erythropoietin receptorsElizabeth S Fenjves
Diabetes Research Institute, University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Transplantation 75:1356-60. 2003..The authors examined pancreatic islets for the presence of EPO-R to determine whether these cells are protected by EPO from cytokine-induced apoptosis...
- Systematic approach to benign paroxysmal positional vertigo in the elderlySimon I Angeli
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Miami School of Medicine, PO Box 016960 D 48, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:719-25. 2003..We evaluated the effectiveness of a management approach that combines the canalith repositioning maneuver (CRM) and vestibular rehabilitation (VR) in the treatment of benign positional paroxysmal vertigo (BPPV) in elderly persons...
- The effect of chronic cortisol elevation on urea metabolism and excretion in the rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)M D McDonald
McMaster University, Department of Biology, Hamilton, Ontario, L8S 4K1, Canada
J Comp Physiol B 174:71-81. 2004..Thus, cortisol and glucocorticoid receptors appear to be involved in the regulation of endogenous urea production but not in the control of urea excretory mechanisms in the ammoniotelic trout...
- Outcomes of complex retinal detachment repair using 1000- vs 5000-centistoke silicone oilIngrid U Scott
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:473-8. 2005..To compare anatomic and visual acuity outcomes, as well as complication rates, after retinal detachment repair using 1000- vs 5000-centistoke silicone oil...
- Two-stage management of severe postprostatectomy bladder neck contracture associated with stress incontinenceAngelo E Gousse
Division of Female Urology, Voiding Dysfunction and Reconstructive Urology, Department of Urology, University of Miami School of Medicine and Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Urology 65:316-9. 2005..Anastomotic BNC associated with urinary incontinence is a major complication after radical prostatectomy. Patients may present with a decreased force of stream, urinary retention, or stress, urge, or overflow urinary incontinence...
- Obesity, bariatric surgery and type 2 diabetes--a systematic reviewCynthia V Ferchak
Kosow Diabetes Treatment Center, Diabetes Research Institute of the University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 20:438-45. 2004..Furthermore, sustained weight loss through bariatric surgical intervention is associated both with prevention of progression of IGT and with clinical remission of early type 2 diabetes...
- Coding of acoustic particle motion by utricular fibers in the sleeper goby, Dormitator latifronsZ Lu
Department of Biology, University of Miami, 1301 Memorial Drive, Room 4, Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol 190:923-38. 2004..Therefore, results of this study indicate that the utricle in this vertebrate plays an auditory role in azimuth and that utricular fibers extend the response dynamic range of this species in directional hearing...
- Failure rates in nonlatex surgical glovesDenise M Korniewicz
University of Miami School of Nursing, School of Medicine, Department of Surgery and Epidemiology, Coral Gables, FL 33124, USA
Am J Infect Control 32:268-73. 2004..The purpose of this study was to compare the frequency of glove defects for nonlatex surgical gloves while surgeons performed routine surgery and to evaluate surgeons' satisfaction with nonlatex sterile gloves...
- Construct validity of two identity status measures: the EIPQ and the EOM-EIS-IISeth J Schwartz
Department of Psychaitry and Behavioral Sciences, Center for Family Studies, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1425 NW, 10th Avenue, 2nd Floor, FL 33136, USA
J Adolesc 27:477-83. 2004..The EIPQ is recommended as the preferred instrument for making contrasts between or among identity statuses, whereas the EOM-EIS-II is recommended when the objective is to consider continuous measures of the identity statuses...
- Predictors of HIV risk among Hispanic farm workers in South Florida: women are at higher risk than menM Isabel Fernandez
University of Miami School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Florida 33101, USA
AIDS Behav 8:165-74. 2004..The study is an important first step toward developing tailored HIV prevention interventions for this at-risk, understudied population...
- Effects of prolonged copper exposure in the marine gulf toadfish (Opsanus beta). I. Hydromineral balance and plasma nitrogenous waste productsM Grosell
RSMAS, Division of Marine Biology and Fisheries, University of Miami, 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway, FL 33149 1098, USA
Aquat Toxicol 68:249-62. 2004..This response is most likely the result of the unique ability of this teleost to convert ammonia to urea...
- Rho GTPases as key transducers of proliferative signals in g1 cell cycle regulationCatherine F Welsh
Department of Medicine and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 84:33-42. 2004..Evidence pointing to the potential role of Rho-dependent pathways and their interaction with oncogenic Ras in contributing to such cell cycle abnormalities that characterize human breast cancer is also presented...
- Androgen and vitamin D receptor expression in archival human breast tumorsAwtar Krishan
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 58:53-60. 2004..The present study was undertaken for quantitation of androgen (AR) and vitamin D (VDR) receptor expression in human male and female breast tumors by flow cytometry...
- Outcomes of pregnancies with sonographically detected nuchal cords remote from deliveryVictor Hugo Gonzalez-Quintero
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Ultrasound Med 23:43-7. 2004..To evaluate the outcomes of pregnancies with sonographically detected nuchal cords remote from delivery during the second and third trimesters of gestation...
- Adoption and integration of simulation-based learning technologies into the curriculum of a UK Undergraduate Education ProgrammeS B Issenberg
Centre for Research in Medical Education, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Med Educ 37:42-9. 2003..At a time of significant changes in medical education world-wide, the international dimensions and global issues relating to the application of new learning technologies have been recognised...
- Telomere higher-order structure and genomic instabilityTerace M Fletcher
University of Miami School of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 1011 NW 15 Street, Rm 210 R629, Miami, FL 33136, USA
IUBMB Life 55:443-9. 2003..If the chromosome ends of cancer and normal cells exist in different states, cancer-specific telomere structures would offer a unique chemotherapeutic target...
- Control of the G1 phase cyclin-dependent kinases by mitogenic growth factors and the extracellular matrixR K Assoian
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy and Cancer Center, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33101, USA
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 8:165-70. 1997..In turn, these effects have provided the long-awaited molecular definitions to the phenotypes of mitogen-dependent and anchorage-dependent growth...
- Massaging Preterm Infants Enhances GrowthTiffany Field; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Neurohormonal Effects of Massage TherapyTiffany Field; Fiscal Year: 2007..The K05 would allow me to increase my research time including being mentored and mentoring students from 25 to 75% time. ..
- Prenatal Depression and a Yoga InterventionTiffany M Field; Fiscal Year: 2010..We would expect that yoga would decrease depression, increase vagal activity, decrease cortisol and increase gestational age (decrease prematurity). ..
- The Basis of Psychotic Symptoms in Parkinson's DiseaseSpyridon Papapetropoulos; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recent publications from our group, our preliminary results, the brain tissue availability and the multidisciplinary team assembled provide strong support for the feasibility of this project. ..
- Sensory Impairment, Functional Status and MortalityDavid Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Economic Consequences of Alcohol Use DisordersMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, the research significance is high because few studies have used contemporary research methods and data to estimate the economic effects of alcohol use and abuse. ..
- ECONOMIC EVALUATION METHODS--DEVELOPMENT & APPLICATIONSMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- COSTS AND BENEFITS OF ALCOHOL SERVICES & INTERVENTIONSMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2005..S. as well as abroad, the proposed study holds important potential to assist researchers, policymakers, and program directors with economic evaluation guidelines and "real world" applications. ..
- Surveillance of Mortality and Morbidity in US WorkersDavid J Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The University of Miami NIOSH NHIS Research Group proposes to use their existing Study Database derived from the National Health ..
- Epidemiology of Visual Impairment: The 1986-2002 NHISDavid Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Economic Evaluation Methods: Development and ApplicationMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- UTILIZATION AND COST OF HEALTH SERVICES BY CDUsMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- EYE DISEASE, DISABILITY AND MORTALITY RISK IN US ADULTSDavid Lee; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Adolescent Exposure to Psychostimulants: Role of nNOSYossef Itzhak; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results of these studies would provide new information on mechanisms that underlie the development of hypersensitivity to these drugs from adolescence through adulthood. ..
- Reconsolidation and extinction processes in the treatment of drug addictionYossef Itzhak; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Substituted Amphetamines: NO-Dependent MechanismsYossef Itzhak; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- QUALITY OF LIFE IN ADULT CANCER SURVIVORSCharles Carver; Fiscal Year: 2002..These people can continue providing important information about the experience of cancer survivorship and what qualities make the process easier or harder. ..
- Mechanisms of Bladder Cancer ProgressionVinata B Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study should establish whether HA-HYAL1 family members have a place in the clinical management of BCa patients for predicting prognosis. ..
- Glycosaminoglycan-based inhibitors for treatment of prostate cancerVinata B Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2010..If proven efficacious, sHA compounds and 4-MU will be a novel class of glycosaminoglycan-based target-specific anti-tumor drugs. ..
- Glycosaminoglycans For IC Pathophysiology and PrognosisVinata Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, it might yield a test or a combination of tests that can be used in the follow-up of IC patients and for monitoring 9 treatment responses. ..
- Mechanisms of Bladder Cancer ProgressionVinata Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, it will establish whether the HA-HAase test or its combination with other tests can precisely monitor BCa recurrence. ..
- Glycosaminoglycan-based inhibitors for treatment of prostate cancerVinata Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2007..If proven efficacious, sHA compounds and 4-MU will be a novel class of glycosaminoglycan-based target-specific anti-tumor drugs. ..
- Identity & Context in HIV Prevention for Hispanic YouthSETH SCHWARTZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..