Genomes and Genes
University of California
Organization: University of California
- Robust surface reconstruction via Laplace-Beltrami eigen-projection and boundary deformationYonggang Shi
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, University of California Los Angeles, School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 29:2009-22. 2010..We also successfully validate our method on a large data set of more than 900 hippocampal masks and demonstrate that the reconstructed surfaces retain volume information accurately...
- From generic to gender-responsive treatment: changes in social policies, treatment services, and outcomes of women in substance abuse treatmentChristine E Grella
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs . 2008....
- Extra-gonadal collateral supply to uterine leiomyomata: a case reportBruce McLucas
University of California at Los Angeles, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 18:103-5. 2009..The aberrant vessel was selectively embolized during a follow-up procedure, which produced successful anatomical and clinical results...
- Semi-automated method for delineation of landmarks on models of the cerebral cortexDavid W Shattuck
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Neurosci Methods 178:385-92. 2009..Our new method was shown to be faster to use, to provide reduced inter-rater variability, and to provide results that were at least as accurate as those produced using Display...
- Voting with your feet: Payoff biased migration and the evolution of group beneficial behaviorRobert Boyd
Department of Anthropology, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
J Theor Biol 257:331-9. 2009..When migration predominates, outcomes depend both on the relative attractiveness of alternative variants and on the initial sizes of societies that provide and receive immigrants...
- Schwannoma of the tongue: two case reports and review of the literatureMarc Cohen
Division of Head and Neck Surgery, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 266:1823-9. 2009..Transoral resection allows for removal of this tumor in a manner that precludes recurrence, avoids causing morbidity of tongue function, and remains the standard approach for the treatment of the vast majority of these tumors...
- Endovascular management of central thoracic veno-occlusive diseases in hemodialysis patients: a single institutional experience in 69 consecutive patientsKambiz Nael
Department of Radiological Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7206, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:46-51. 2009..To assess the functional status and long-term outcomes of endovascular management for the treatment of central veno-occlusive disease in patients undergoing hemodialysis...
- Children's delayed development and behavior problems: impact on mothers' perceived physical health across early childhoodAbbey Severance Eisenhower
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90091 1580, USA
Soc Sci Med 68:89-99. 2009..Further research should examine the behavioral and biological pathways by which these child-related stressors influence mothers' physical health...
- The US health care system: Part 1: Our current systemM R Nuwer
UCLA Department of Neurology, Reed Neurological Research Center, 710 Westwood Plaza, Room 1 190, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neurology 71:1907-13. 2008..This first article on the US health care system identifies problems and proposes solutions, many of which are championed by the American Academy of Neurology through its legislative and regulatory committees...
- Depression, diabetes and metabolic-nutritional factors in elderly HispanicsL J Fitten
Alzheimer Disease Research Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Nutr Health Aging 12:634-40. 2008..To examine the relationship of depression to metabolic and nutritional risk factors in older Hispanics...
- Reactive oxygen species special featureJoan Selverstone Valentine
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1569, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8178. 2008
- Calcification of the internal elastic lamina of coronary arteriesRobert G Micheletti
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
Mod Pathol 21:1019-28. 2008..Internal elastic lamina calcification may result from premature aging due to HIV disease and chronic illness or from metabolic disorders in HIV+ patients...
- Modeling attitude towards drug treament: the role of internal motivation, external pressure, and dramatic reliefBradley T Conner
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, 1640 South Sepulveda Boulevard, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90025 7535, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 36:150-8. 2009..The findings indicate that interventions to get individuals into drug treatment should include processes that promote Dramatic Relief. Implications for addictions health services are discussed...
- Morbidity and mortality associated with chronic intestinal failureDouglas G Farmer
Department of Surgery and Intestinal Transplant Program, Dumont UCLA Transplant Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Transplantation 85:1385-6. 2008
- Dissecting molecular mechanisms in the living brain of dementia patientsJorge R Barrio
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Acc Chem Res 42:842-50. 2009....
- Comparing process- and outcome-oriented approaches to voluntary incident reporting in two hospitalsTeryl K Nuckols
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 35:139-45. 2009..These approaches were compared in an analysis of 2,228 paper incident reports for 16,575 randomly selected inpatients at an academic hospital and a community hospital in the United States in 2001...
- A test of the social cohesion hypothesis: interactive female marmots remain at homeDaniel T Blumstein
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, 621 Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1606, USA
Proc Biol Sci 276:3007-12. 2009..This is the first strong support for the social cohesion hypothesis and suggests that the specific nature of social relationships, not simply the number of affiliative relationships, may influence the propensity to disperse...
- How long do endoprosthetic reconstructions for proximal femoral tumors last?Nicholas M Bernthal
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, 1250 16th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:2867-74. 2010....
- A proof of concept trial of an online psychoeducational program for relatives of both veterans and civilians living with schizophreniaShirley M Glynn
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System at West Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 33:278-87. 2010..In this study, we evaluate the feasibility of an online multifamily group program for relatives of persons with schizophrenia that can be accessed from participants' homes...
- Critical Race Theory, race equity, and public health: toward antiracism praxisChandra L Ford
Department of Community Health Sciences, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Public Health 100:S30-5. 2010....
- 3D comparison of low, intermediate, and advanced hippocampal atrophy in MCILiana G Apostolova
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, CA, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 31:786-97. 2010..Greater CA1 and subicular atrophy can be demonstrated early and is predictive of future conversion to AD, whereas CA2-3 involvement becomes more evident as the disease progresses...
- Intensity of transplant chronic rejection correlates with level of graft-infiltrating regulatory cellsNatalya V Semiletova
Department of Surgery, UCLA Medical School, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 29:335-41. 2010..We used 40-mer peptides derived from the donor MHC Class I alpha1 helix of the alpha1-domain to make recipients tolerant...
- Paternal support and preterm birth, and the moderation of effects of chronic stress: a study in Los Angeles county mothersJo Kay C Ghosh
Department of Epidemiology, University of California, Los Angeles, 650 Charles E Young Dr South, CHS 71 254, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 13:327-38. 2010..15 [95%CI 0.92, 5.03]), but women with greater support had no increased risk with moderate-to-high chronic stress (OR 1.13 [95%CI 0.94, 1.35]). Paternal support may moderate the effects of chronic stress on the risk of preterm delivery...
- Spatial updating in the great grand canonical ensembleG Orkoulas
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Chem Phys 131:161106. 2009..The method is tested on a system of hard spheres and the transition from the fluid to a face-centered cubic crystal is located with high precision...
- Subtidal benthic heterogeneity: flow environment modification and impacts on marine algal community structure and morphologyGraham A Ferrier
Department of Biology, California State University Northridge, California 91330 8303, USA
Biol Bull 217:115-29. 2009..We conclude that algal cover and morphology is affected by the alteration in flow around both protruding bodies and crevices when compared to unobstructed sites...
- Improving reproductive health knowledge in rural China--a web-based strategySongyuan Tang
Institute for Health Studies, Kunming Medical College, Yunnan, China
J Health Commun 14:690-714. 2009..Moreover, the knowledge was diffused from the primary population of village doctors, family planning workers, women's cadres, and teachers to the secondary population of villagers and students...
- The association of smoking and alcohol use with age-related macular degeneration in the oldest old: the Study of Osteoporotic FracturesAnne L Coleman
Department of Ophthalmology, Jules Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, School of Public Health, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 149:160-9. 2010..To estimate the incidence of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and the association of smoking and alcohol in a population of older women...
- Spemann's organizer and the self-regulation of embryonic fieldsE M De Robertis
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1662, USA
Mech Dev 126:925-41. 2009..This remarkable dorsal-ventral positional information network has been conserved in evolution and is ancestral to all bilateral animals...
- Epithelial debridement and Bowman's layer polishing for visually significant epithelial irregularity and recurrent corneal erosionsAnthony J Aldave
Jules Stein Eye Institute, The David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Cornea 28:1085-90. 2009....
- Genome beginnings: rooting the tree of lifeJames A Lake
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 364:2177-85. 2009..The new root also implies that the last common ancestor was not hyperthermophilic, although moderate thermophily cannot be excluded...
- Can pediatric steroid-free renal transplantation improve growth and metabolic complications?Nihar Bhakta
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, 650 Charles Young Drive, A2383 MDCC, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Pediatr Transplant 12:854-61. 2008..At one yr post-transplant, steroid-free immunosuppression with tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil and daclizumab provides outcomes that are equivalent or superior to those in contemporaneous control patients receiving steroids...
- To cross or not to cross: alternatively spliced forms of the Robo3 receptor regulate discrete steps in axonal midline crossingDouglas L Black
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, MacDonald Research Laboratories, 675 Charles E Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuron 58:297-8. 2008....
- EEG and vagal tone degradation during nocturnal sleep in abstinent alcohol dependenceEdwin M Valladares
Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7057, USA
Sleep Med 8:284-5. 2007
- Contributions of genetics to our understanding of inherited monogenic retinal diseases and age-related macular degenerationDean Bok
Jules Stein Eye Institute, Department of Neurobiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 100 Stein Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 125:160-4. 2007..In the end, patients with inherited ocular disease will be the final and highly deserving beneficiaries...
- Fungal invasion of normally non-phagocytic host cellsScott G Filler
Division of Infectious Diseases at the Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 2:e129. 2006..This review summarizes the mechanisms by which diverse fungal pathogens invade normally non-phagocytic host cells and discusses gaps in our knowledge that provide opportunities for future research...
- Site-directed alkylation and the alternating access model for LacYH Ronald Kaback
Department of Physiology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1662, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:491-4. 2007....
- Developing a Web-based education and counseling program for heart failure patientsLorraine S Evangelista
School of Nursing, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6918, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Nurs 21:196-201. 2006..The authors found that elderly persons with limited computer skills can and will use Web resources to obtain information when given adequate instructions on how to access the Web pages...
- Surgical techniques in phacoemulsificationUday Devgan
Department of Ophthalmology, Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 18:19-22. 2007..Recent advances in cataract surgical techniques are described, focusing on the evolution towards less traumatic surgery...
- Predictors of stress in parents of children with fetal alcohol spectrum disordersBlair Paley
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 27:396-404. 2006..Findings highlight the need to provide support not only to children with FASDs, but to their caregivers as well...
- Role of T lymphocyte replicative senescence in vaccine efficacyRita B Effros
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1732, USA
Vaccine 25:599-604. 2007..This article discusses some of the challenges involved in custom-designing vaccines for the elderly, and suggests several immunomodulatory strategies that may enhance vaccine responsiveness in this age group...
- Computing dynamic classification images from correlation mapsHongjing Lu
Department of Psychology, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Vis 6:475-83. 2006..We conjecture that the superior performance of the correlation map may reflect inherent nonlinearities in processing biological motion, which are incompatible with the assumptions underlying the previous methods...
- Phase II trial of tipifarnib in patients with recurrent malignant glioma either receiving or not receiving enzyme-inducing antiepileptic drugs: a North American Brain Tumor Consortium StudyTimothy F Cloughesy
UCLA Neuro Oncology Program, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3651-6. 2006..Because tipifarnib undergoes extensive hepatic metabolism, MTD is doubled in patients on EIAEDs. The population included 67 patients with glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) and an exploratory group of 22 patients with anaplastic glioma (AG)...
- Utility of 16-MDCT angiography for comprehensive preoperative vascular evaluation of laparoscopic renal donorsSteven S Raman
Department of Radiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California at Los Angeles, BL 428 CHS Box 951721, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1721, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:1630-8. 2006..Our objective was to determine the efficacy of 16-MDCT angiography in preoperative evaluation of vascular anatomy of laparoscopic renal donors...
- Regulation of kindling epileptogenesis by hippocampal galanin type 1 and type 2 receptors: The effects of subtype-selective agonists and the role of G-protein-mediated signalingAndrey Mazarati
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, D Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Box 951752, 22 474 MDCC, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 318:700-8. 2006..The data are important for understanding endogenous mechanisms regulating epileptogenesis and for the development of novel antiepileptogenic drugs...
- Low-dose alcohol actions on alpha4beta3delta GABAA receptors are reversed by the behavioral alcohol antagonist Ro15-4513M Wallner
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1735, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:8540-5. 2006..Our findings suggest that ethanol/Ro15-4513-sensitive GABA(A) receptors are important mediators of behavioral alcohol effects...
- The effect of dutasteride on the peripheral and transition zones of the prostate and the value of the transition zone index in predicting treatment responseLeonard S Marks
Department of Urology, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine and Urological Sciences Research Foundation, Los Angeles, California 90232, USA
J Urol 177:1408-13. 2007..We determined the effects of dutasteride on transition and peripheral zone volume, and the clinical value of the transition zone index in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia...
- Shedding light on the Na+/Ca2+ exchangerMichela Ottolia
Department of Physiology, Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, MRL 3 645, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1760, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1099:78-85. 2007..We have been able for the first time to monitor conformational changes of the exchanger Ca2+-binding site in vivo. These studies provide a better understanding of the molecular properties of the NCX...
- Distribution and localization patterns of estrogen receptor-beta and insulin-like growth factor-1 receptors in neurons and glial cells of the female rat substantia nigra: localization of ERbeta and IGF-1R in substantia nigraArnulfo Quesada
Department of Neurobiology, Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology of the Brain Research Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1763, USA
J Comp Neurol 503:198-208. 2007..Therefore, the localization of ERbeta and IGF-1R on SNpc DA neurons and astrocytes suggests a modulatory role of E2 on IGF-1R, and this modulation may affect neuroprotection...
- Clinical practice. Irritable bowel syndromeEmeran A Mayer
Center for Neurobiology of Stress, Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6949, USA
N Engl J Med 358:1692-9. 2008
- Injury severity differentially affects short- and long-term neuroendocrine outcomes of traumatic brain injuryAnna N Taylor
Department of Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute and Brain Injury Research Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurotrauma 25:311-23. 2008....
- Image-guided radiosurgery for spinal tumors: methods, accuracy and patient intrafraction motionNzhde Agazaryan
Department of Radiation Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Phys Med Biol 53:1715-27. 2008..5 degrees were observed. The small relative rotational movements observed do not, alone, justify patient monitoring using the image-guidance system during the treatments of generally small radiosurgical targets...
- Severe sepsis and septic shock in the emergency departmentDavid A Talan
David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 22:1-31, v. 2008..This article reviews the initial evaluation and treatment considerations of sepsis in the ED setting...
- Late cardiac effects of adjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer survivors treated on Southwest Oncology Group protocol s8897Patricia A Ganz
School of Medicine, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Los Angeles, 650 Charles Young Dr South, Room A2 125 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6900, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1223-30. 2008..The late cardiac effects of adjuvant anthracycline therapy in survivors of early-stage breast cancer have had limited study. Subclinical and clinical cardiac late effects may contribute to added comorbidity over time...
- Evaluating the adequacy of disease control in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a RAND appropriateness panelD E Furst
Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, 1000 Veteran Ave Rm 32 59, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1670, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:194-9. 2008..A panel of rheumatologists was convened to develop guidelines to assess adequacy of disease control, focusing on the use of disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs...
- The lipin protein family: dual roles in lipid biosynthesis and gene expressionKaren Reue
Department of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States
FEBS Lett 582:90-6. 2008..The physiological roles of lipin-2 and lipin-3 are less well defined, but are likely to carry out similar functions in glycerolipid biosynthesis and gene expression in a distinct tissue distribution...
- Acquiring high-rate neural spike data with hardware-constrained embedded sensorsShahin Farshchi
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:903-7. 2006..In addition, the sensors can be configured to only transmit individual time-referenced "spike" waveforms, or only the spike parameters for alleviating network traffic and increasing battery life...
- Neurogenesis in the adult hippocampusDan Ehninger
Department of Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, 695 Charles Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1761, USA
Cell Tissue Res 331:243-50. 2008..This article summarizes recent findings regarding the developmental steps involved in adult hippocampal neurogenesis and the possible functional roles that new hippocampal neurons might play...
- Quality indicators for benign prostatic hyperplasia in vulnerable eldersChristopher S Saigal
Department of Urology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S253-7. 2007
- Why modest geographic effects for asthma? Pharmaceutical treatment as neutralizing mechanismStefan Timmermans
University of California, USA
Health (London) 11:431-54. 2007..Children with severe asthma did not benefit as much from medications but it was unclear that different communities made a difference in asthma care...
- Serum anion gap: its uses and limitations in clinical medicineJeffrey A Kraut
Medical and Research Services VHAGLA Healthcare System, UCLA Membrane Biology Laboratory, and Division of Nephrology VHAGLA Healthcare System and David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2:162-74. 2007..Despite these caveats, calculation of the serum anion gap remains an inexpensive and effective tool that aids detection of various acid-base disorders, hematologic malignancies, and intoxications...
- Postoperative medical complications--not microsurgical complications--negatively influence the morbidity, mortality, and true costs after microsurgical reconstruction for head and neck cancerNeil F Jones
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:2053-60. 2007..There remains, however, ongoing debate on whether the costs associated with this reconstructive approach merit its selection, especially considering poor patient prognoses and the high cost of care...
- Gender-specific orexigenic and anorexigenic mechanisms in ratsDave A Gayle
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance CA 90502, United States
Life Sci 79:1531-6. 2006....
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseGregg Fonarow; Fiscal Year: 2006..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Oxidative Nutrition in Dialysis PatientsKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nutritional/Inflammatory Evaluation of Dialysis PatientsKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- LUNG HEALTH STUDY--LONG TERM FOLLOW UPDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..All ten of the original LHS clinical centers plan to participate in this study. To minimize bias, all surviving participants of the LHS will be invited to participate, giving a potential sample size of 5600. ..
- Distal Lung Inflammation Effect on Asthma ExacerbationsDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study has the potential to clarify the contribution of the "silent zone" to the persistent morbidity encountered with asthma. ..
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Volume-Outcomes in Incontinence SurgeryJennifer Anger; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary outcome will be re-operation rates, repeat sling procedures (for failures), and other postoperative complications, stratified by high and low volume surgeons and hospitals. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF THE TEDANOLIDES, CYTOTOXIC POLYPROPIONATESMichael Jung; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Alcohol Use Reduction in Methadone Individuals with HCVAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Community-Based Approach to Designing an AIDS Program for HIV+ Mothers in IndiaAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2008..These findings will lead to future funding to actually develop and test a newly designed program. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TB/HIV RISK REDUCTION WITH HOMELESS AND DRUG ADDICTEDAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2002....