Affiliation: Unity Health System
- Physicians' knowledge and attitudes regarding implantable cardioverter-defibrillatorsSaadia Sherazi
Department of Medicine, Unity Health System, Rochester, NY 14626, USA
Cardiol J 17:267-73. 2010..Information is limited regarding the knowledge and attitudes of physicians typically involved in the referral of patients for implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) implantation...
- Diastolic heart failure: predictors of mortalitySaadia Sherazi
Department of Medicine, Unity Health System, Rochester, NY, USA
Cardiol J 18:222-32. 2011..5 cm/s are predictors of adverse outcomes in diastolic HF patients...
- Physicians' preferences and attitudes about end-of-life care in patients with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillatorSaadia Sherazi
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, PO Box 644, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:1139-41. 2008..With increased knowledge about managing the withdrawal of this potentially life-prolonging therapy, physicians are likely to become more skilled at caring for dying patients with an ICD...
- Corrected QT interval as a predictor of mortality in elderly patients with syncopeAshim Aggarwal
Department of Internal Medicine, Unity Health System, 1555 Long Pond Road, Rochester, NY 14616, USA
Cardiol J 18:395-400. 2011..However, its association with all cause or cardiac mortality in the general population remains unclear. We evaluated the relationship between prolonged QTc and total mortality among patients with syncope...
- Inverse Relationship of Blood Pressure to Long-Term Outcomes and Benefit of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Patients With Mild Heart Failure: A Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial With Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Long-Term FoYitschak Biton
From the Heart Research Follow up Program, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY
Circ Heart Fail 8:921-6. 2015..Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) was shown to increase systolic blood pressure (SBP). Therefore, we hypothesized that treatment with CRT would provide incremental benefit in patients with lower SBP values...
- Effect of biventricular pacing during a ventricular sensed eventMehmet Kemal Aktas
Cardiology Department, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:1741-5. 2009....
- Left ventricular ejection fraction normalization in cardiac resynchronization therapy and risk of ventricular arrhythmias and clinical outcomes: results from the Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial With Cardiac Resynchronization TherapyMartin H Ruwald
From the Heart Research Follow up Program, Division of Cardiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY M H R, V K, A C R, S S, S M, A J M, W Z Department of Cardiology, Gentofte Hospital, Hellerup, Denmark M H R, A C R, C J Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA S D S and Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco E F
Circulation 130:2278-86. 2014..Appropriate guideline criteria for use of implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) do not take into account potential recovery of left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) in patients treated with CRT-defibrillator...
- Moxifloxacin-induced torsades de pointesSaadia Sherazi
Unity Health System, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14626, USA
Cardiol J 15:71-3. 2008..Although it is difficult to predict which patients are at risk from TdP, careful assessment of the risk/benefit ratio is important before prescribing drugs known to cause QT prolongation...