Affiliation: United BioSource Corporation
- Patient reported outcome instruments used in clinical trials of HIV-infected adults on NNRTI-based therapy: a 10-year reviewKit N Simpson
UBC An Express Scripts Company, 185 Dorval Ave, Suite 500, Dorval, QC H9S 5J9, Canada
Health Qual Life Outcomes 11:164. 2013..Patient-reported outcomes (PROs) may provide valuable information to clinicians and patients when choosing initial antiretroviral therapy...
- Responsiveness of the MOS-HIV and EQ-5D in HIV-infected adults receiving antiretroviral therapiesAlbert W Wu
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 11:42. 2013....
- Interpreting clinical trial results of patient-perceived onset of effect in asthma: methods and results of a Delphi panelGale Harding
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:1563-71. 2009..A secondary objective was to determine the lowest threshold for a clinically meaningful difference in terms of both between-group differences and maximum acceptable placebo effect...
- Modified visual analog scale symptom-intensity and overall-bother measures for the assessment of symptoms in studies of pharmacologic stress agentsGale Harding
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Clin Ther 31:889-901. 2009..Drugs used to induce stress for cardiac imaging studies often cause discomfort. Patient-reported intensity of discomfort should be considered when comparing such agents...
- The responsiveness of the uterine fibroid symptom and health-related quality of life questionnaire (UFS-QOL)Gale Harding
United BioSource Corporation, 7101 Wisconsin Ave, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 6:99. 2008..The purpose of the study was to examine the responsiveness of the Uterine Fibroid Symptom and Health-Related Quality of Life Questionnaire (UFS-QOL) with treatment of uterine fibroids...
- Ease of care with patient controlled analgesia systems: questionnaire development and validationGale Harding
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Adv Nurs 59:530-41. 2007..This paper is a report of the development and validation of two questionnaires assessing ease of caring for patients receiving patient controlled analgesia from the perspectives of nurses and physical therapists...
- Symptom burden among patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC): content for a symptom indexGale Harding
UBC Center for Health Outcomes Research, Bethesda MD, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 5:34. 2007..Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) has multiple symptoms stemming from disease and treatments. There are few validated scales for evaluating RCC symptoms...
- Development and validation of a new instrument to evaluate the ease of use of patient-controlled analgesic modalities for postoperative patientsGale Harding
Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Med Econ 13:42-54. 2010..To describe the development and psychometric evaluation of a questionnaire assessing the ease of use that patients associate with patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) modalities...
- Patient-reported outcomes in insomnia: development of a conceptual framework and endpoint modelLeah Kleinman
United BioSource Corporation, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Behav Sleep Med 11:23-36. 2013..Each conceptual framework consists of hypothesized domains and items in each domain based on patient language taken from the focus group. These item pools may ultimately serve as a basis to develop new questionnaires to assess insomnia...
- Defining urinary urgency: patient descriptions of "gotta go"Karin S Coyne
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 31:455-9. 2012..The objective of this research was to explore the concept of urgency among participants with OAB symptoms and to evaluate the content validity of the urinary sensation scale (USS)...
- Understanding patient preferences for HIV medications using adaptive conjoint analysis: feasibility assessmentKathleen M Beusterien
MEDTAP International, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Value Health 8:453-61. 2005..This study tested the feasibility of using adaptive conjoint analysis (ACA) to assess preferences (utilities) for HIV medication attributes...
- Evaluation of patient preference and willingness to pay for attributes of maintenance medication for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)Ariane K Kawata
Evidera, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD, 20814, USA
Patient 7:413-26. 2014..Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. COPD is characterized by poor treatment adherence, and patient medication preferences may contribute to adherence...
- Identifying important outcome domains for chronic pain clinical trials: an IMMPACT survey of people with painDennis C Turk
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Pain 137:276-85. 2008..These multiple outcomes should be considered when evaluating the efficacy and effectiveness of chronic pain treatments...
- The effect of fexofenadine hydrochloride on productivity and quality of life in patients with chronic idiopathic urticariaSheldon L Spector
Division of Clinical Allergy and Immunology, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine, USA
Cutis 79:157-62. 2007..The results indicated that once-daily fexofenadine HCl 180 mg improved the HRQL of subjects with CIU, as assessed by change in total DLQI score...
- Pain, medication use, and health-related quality of life in older persons with postherpetic neuralgia: results from a population-based surveyGerry Oster
Policy Analysis Inc, Brookline, Massachusetts 02445, USA
J Pain 6:356-63. 2005..61; respondents rated their overall health as 65.7 (+/-21.1) on a 100-point scale. PHN causes substantial pain, dysfunction, and poor health-related quality of life in older persons, many of whom might be suboptimally treated...
- Minimal important difference (MID) of the Dermatology Life Quality Index (DLQI): results from patients with chronic idiopathic urticariaRichard Shikiar
MEDTAP International, Inc, Seattle, WA, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:36. 2005..The purpose of this study was to estimate the minimal important difference (MID) on the DLQI for patients with chronic idiopathic urticaria (CIU)...