Lisa K Moores
Affiliation: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- There's no place like homeLisa K Moores
Chest 132:7-8. 2007
- Current approach to the diagnosis of acute nonmassive pulmonary embolismLisa K Moores
Department of Medicine, The Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Office for Student Affairs, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Chest 140:509-18. 2011..A completely noninvasive diagnostic algorithm for patients presenting with suspected acute pulmonary embolism is proposed...
- Computed tomography pulmonary angiography and venography: diagnostic and prognostic propertiesLisa K Moores
The Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 29:3-14. 2008....
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism in neurosurgery: a metaanalysisJacob F Collen
Department of Medicine, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Chest 134:237-49. 2008..We conducted a systematic review asking, "Among patients undergoing neurosurgical procedures, how safe and effective is the prophylactic use of heparin and mechanical devices?"..
- Twice vs three times daily heparin dosing for thromboembolism prophylaxis in the general medical population: A metaanalysisChristopher S King
Department of Medicine, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Chest 131:507-16. 2007..While twice-daily (BID) and three-times-daily (TID) dosing regimens have been studied, the two have never been directly compared. We performed a metaanalysis to assess whether TID is superior to BID dosing in the prevention of VTE...
- Moving toward a more ideal anticoagulant: the oral direct thrombin and factor Xa inhibitorsChristopher S King
Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep MedicineService, The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD, USA
Chest 143:1106-16. 2013..Dabigatran is approved in the United States for stroke prevention in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation and is being reviewed for secondary prevention of VTE...
- Provider preferences for DVT prophylaxisAaron B Holley
Department of Medicine, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20015, USA
Thromb Res 117:563-8. 2006..Our purpose was to assess how clinicians would rate a patient's risk for VTE and what recommendations they would make for prophylaxis...
- Cost-minimization analysis of two algorithms for diagnosing acute pulmonary embolismChristopher W Humphreys
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Service, Department of Medicine, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Thromb Res 113:275-82. 2004..We hypothesized that an algorithmic approach to diagnosis of pulmonary embolism based upon clinical risk stratification and D-dimer testing would be less costly than a standard approach...
- Clinical asthma syndromes and important asthma mimicsChristopher S King
Office for Student Affairs, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4310 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Respir Care 53:568-80; discussion 580-2. 2008....
- Should patients be able to follow commands prior to extubation?Christopher S King
Pulmonary Critical Care and Sleep Medicine Division, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Respir Care 55:56-65. 2010..A prospective, randomized trial using a more specific definition of "following commands" would certainly help remove some of the uncertainty in this patient population...
- Low-molecular weight heparin for deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis in hospitalized medical patients: results from a cost-effectiveness analysisAndrew F Shorr
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Service, Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving Street NW, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 18:309-16. 2007..We conclude that, despite their higher cost, LMWHs for thromboprophylaxis in medical patients result in savings...
- Minimizing costs for treating deep vein thrombosis: the role for fondaparinuxAndrew F Shorr
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving St, NW, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 23:229-36. 2007....
- Diagnosis and management of pulmonary embolism: are we moving toward an outcome standard?Lisa K Moores
Arch Intern Med 166:147-8. 2006
- Meta-analysis: outcomes in patients with suspected pulmonary embolism managed with computed tomographic pulmonary angiographyLisa K Moores
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Ann Intern Med 141:866-74. 2004..However, CTPA as a definitive diagnostic test may be limited by inadequate sensitivity, especially in instances of isolated subsegmental emboli...
- A novel diagnostic method for acute pulmonary embolism: technetium-99m apcitide scintigraphyJonathan M Davison
Ann Intern Med 140:936-9. 2004
- Practical utility of clinical prediction rules for suspected acute pulmonary embolism in a large academic institutionLisa K Moores
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Building 2, WD 77, 6900 Georgia Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20307 5001, USA
Thromb Res 113:1-6. 2004..We sought to determine the utility of these algorithms in patients with suspected PE in a large, tertiary, academic medical center...