William J Crump
Affiliation: U of L School of Medicine
- Outcomes and cost savings of free clinic careW J Crump
U of L Family Medicine, U of L School of Medicine, Trover Campus, 435 N Kentucky Ave, Ste A, Madisonville, KY 42431, USA
J Ky Med Assoc 104:340-3. 2006..Compared to utilization before the free clinic period, a savings of dollar 33,145 was realized, largely due to decreased emergency department care and hospitalization...
- Rural track training based at a small regional campus: equivalency of training, residency choice, and practice location of graduatesWilliam J Crump
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Trover Campus at Baptist Health Madisonville, Madisonville, Kentucky 42431, USA
Acad Med 88:1122-8. 2013....
- A sense of place: rural training at a regional medical school campusWilliam J Crump
Department of Family and Community Medicine and Trover Foundation Off Campus Teaching Center Trover Campus, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Madisonville, KY, USA
J Rural Health 20:80-4. 2004..Regional rural campuses that allow students to live and work in small towns during the last 2 years of medical school are one strategy to address this issue...
- Just what are rural premedical students thinking? A report of the first 6 years of a pathways programWilliam J Crump
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Trover Campus, 200 Clinic Drive, Madisonville, KY 42431, USA
J Rural Health 26:97-9. 2010..To assess outcomes of the first 6 years of a program designed to facilitate medical school admission for rural premedical students...
- Outcomes of a preclinical rural medicine elective at an urban medical schoolWilliam J Crump
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Trover Campus, Madisonville, KY 42431, USA
Fam Med 42:717-22. 2010..We report here the effect of the RME on student opinions and knowledge concerning rural practice, as well as initial effects on specialty and rural practice choice...
- An innovative method for preparation for rural practice: the high school rural scholars programWilliam J Crump
University of Louisville Trover Foundation, Off Campus Teaching Center, Madisonville, USA
J Ky Med Assoc 100:499-504. 2002..The ACT composite score increased by 1.2 points, to 23. The reading and science subscores showed the largest increase. Although labor-intensive for the coordinators, the program was successful in meeting the stated goals...
- Increasing the Rural Physician Workforce: A Potential Role for Small Rural Medical School CampusesWilliam J Crump
Trover Campus at Baptist Health Madisonville, University of Louisville, Madisonville, Kentucky
J Rural Health 32:254-9. 2016..The best duration and structure of the rural immersion experience are unclear, and the relative effects of rural upbringing and rural training on subsequent rural practice choice are often difficult to determine...
- A rural pathways program for high school students: reinforcing a sense of placeWilliam J Crump
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Trover Campus at Baptist Health Madisonville, Madisonville, KY
Fam Med 46:713-7. 2014..Most pipeline programs based on this model begin in college or medical school. Many rural students first encounter academic and career planning challenges prior to college, and a few programs are focused on high school students...