Affiliation: Tuskegee University
- Clinical and biological significance of KISS1 expression in prostate cancerHonghe Wang
Department of Biology and Center for Cancer Research, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama 36088, USA
Am J Pathol 180:1170-8. 2012..Collectively, our data suggest that KISS1 functions as a metastasis suppressor in PCas and may serve as a useful biomarker as well as a therapeutic target for aggressive PCas...
- Nuclear Kaiso indicates aggressive prostate cancers and promotes migration and invasiveness of prostate cancer cellsJacqueline Jones
Department of Biology, Center for Cancer Research, Tuskegee University, Alabama, USA
Am J Pathol 181:1836-46. 2012..Our findings establish a defined oncogenic role of Kaiso in promoting the progression of prostate cancer...
- Nuclear localization of Kaiso promotes the poorly differentiated phenotype and EMT in infiltrating ductal carcinomasJacqueline Jones
Department of Biology and Center for Cancer Research, Carver Research Foundation, Tuskegee University, Rm 22, Tuskegee, AL, 36088, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 31:497-510. 2014..Immunofluorescence co-staining of poorly differentiated IDCs demonstrated that nuclear Kaiso is associated with a loss of E-cadherin expression. These findings support a role for Kaiso in promoting aggressive breast tumors...
- Kaiso, a transcriptional repressor, promotes cell migration and invasion of prostate cancer cells through regulation of miR-31 expressionHonghe Wang
Department of Biology and Center for Cancer Research, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL, USA
Oncotarget 7:5677-89. 2016..In conclusion, these results demonstrate that Kaiso promotes cell migration and invasiveness through regulation of miR-31 expression. ..
- MicroRNA profiling of novel African American and Caucasian Prostate Cancer cell lines reveals a reciprocal regulatory relationship of miR-152 and DNA methyltranferase 1Shaniece C Theodore
Department of Biology and Center for Cancer Research, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL
Oncotarget 5:3512-25. 2014..In summary, these results demonstrate that epigenetic regulation of miR-152/DNMT1 may play an important role in multiple events that contribute to the aggressiveness of PCa tumors, with an emphasis on AA PCa patients . ..
- Side population rather than CD133(+) cells distinguishes enriched tumorigenicity in hTERT-immortalized primary prostate cancer cellsJianjun Zhou
Department of Biology and Center for Cancer Research, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL 36088, USA
Mol Cancer 10:112. 2011..Therefore the aim of this work was to determine, in prostate cancer cell lines, the frequency and tumorigenic potential of SP and CD133+ cells...