Affiliation: Tulane University
- Transplantation in obese patientMary T Killackey
Tulane University Medical School, New Orleans, LA, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 79:388-96. 2012..As the epidemic progresses and less-invasive treatments for metabolic surgery evolve, we are likely to require more patients to lose weight prior to transplantation as we continue to strive for improved outcomes...
- Challenges of abdominal organ transplant in obesityMary Killackey
Division of Abdominal OrganTransplant, Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
South Med J 103:532-40. 2010..As the epidemic progresses and less invasive treatments for metabolic surgery evolve, we are likely to see more patients lose weight before transplant as we continue to strive for improved outcomes...
- Early inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system improves the long-term graft survival of single pediatric donor kidneys transplanted in adult recipientsRubin Zhang
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, School of Public Health and Tropic Medicine, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Transpl Int 26:601-7. 2013..38, 95% CI 0.18-0.79, P = 0.009). Early RAS blockade therapy in the first year of transplant is associated with superior long-term graft survival among adults transplanted with single pediatric donor kidneys...
- Long-term outcome of highly sensitized African American patients transplanted with deceased donor kidneysQing Ren
Section of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, USA
Transpl Int 24:259-65. 2011..17). Highly sensitized AA patients could be transplanted with DD kidneys at a similar rate as NAA patients, and they may not have a higher incidence of rejection or an inferior graft survival than NAA patients...
- The effects of body mass index on graft survival in adult recipients transplanted with single pediatric kidneysSaravanan Balamuthusamy
Tulane Abdominal Transplant Institute, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Avenue SL 45, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Am J Nephrol 29:94-101. 2009..There is insufficient data on the impact of recipient body mass index (BMI) on the long-term graft survival of adult patients transplanted with single pediatric kidneys...
- Laparoscopic procurement of single versus multiple artery kidney allografts: is long-term graft survival affected?Anil Paramesh
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, USA
Transplantation 88:1203-7. 2009..Living donor kidneys with multiple arteries (MA) are increasingly procured laparoscopically for transplant...
- Racial disparity and their impact on hepatocellular cancer outcomes in inner-city New OrleansThomas Jan
Tulane Abdominal Transplant Institute, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70124, USA
Surgery 152:661-6; discussion 666-7. 2012..This study attempts to elucidate those racial and socioeconomic factors that affect differences in survival for patients with HCC...
- The long-term survival of simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplant with basiliximab induction therapyRubin Zhang
Tulane Abdominal Transplant Institute, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
Clin Transplant 21:583-9. 2007..8%, 80.6%, 71.4%, and 58.8% respectively. There was a low incidence of rejection and CMV infection. Basiliximab induction with TAC, MFA, and steroid maintenance therapy can provide excellent long-term outcome for SPK recipients...
- Generics: are all immunosuppression agents created equally?Adam Hauch
Tulane Transplant Institute, Tulane University and Louisiana State Medical System, New Orleans, LA
Surgery 158:1049-54; discussion 1054-5. 2015..Despite this mandate, few data existed on generic conversion of immunosuppressant medications with narrow therapeutic troughs...
- Aggressive resection of hepatocellular carcinoma with right atrial involvementSander Florman
Department of Surgery, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Am Surg 75:1104-8. 2009..We report an exceptional case of a patient with such a tumor successfully treated with an aggressive surgical approach and review the limited published experience...