Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Tufts University
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha polymorphisms and postprandial lipemia in healthy menToshiko Tanaka
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
J Lipid Res 48:1402-8. 2007..These data suggest that PPARalpha variants may modulate the risk of cardiovascular disease by influencing both fasting and postprandial lipid concentrations...
- Scavenger receptor class B type I (SCARB1) c.1119C>T polymorphism affects postprandial triglyceride metabolism in menToshiko Tanaka
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, JM USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Nutr 137:578-82. 2007..923) or total TG (Pgeno x time = 0.529) did not differ by genotype. These results suggest that the c.1119C>T polymorphism is associated with a lower postprandial TG response in the smaller, partially catabolized lipoprotein fraction...
- Gene-Environment Interactions of Circadian-Related Genes for Cardiometabolic TraitsHassan S Dashti
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA
Diabetes Care 38:1456-66. 2015....
- Dietary fatty acids modulate associations between genetic variants and circulating fatty acids in plasma and erythrocyte membranes: Meta-analysis of nine studies in the CHARGE consortiumCaren E Smith
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
Mol Nutr Food Res 59:1373-83. 2015..We evaluated interactions between genetic variants and fatty acid intakes for circulating alpha-linoleic acid, eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, and docosapentaenoic acid...
- Gain-of-function lipoprotein lipase variant rs13702 modulates lipid traits through disruption of a microRNA-410 seed siteKris Richardson
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer United States Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Hum Genet 92:5-14. 2013..This work provides biological and potential clinical relevance for previously reported GWAS variants associated with plasma lipid phenotypes...
- Habitual sleep duration is associated with BMI and macronutrient intake and may be modified by CLOCK genetic variantsHassan S Dashti
From the Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory HSD, CES, Kr, and JMO, Nutritional Epidemiology Laboratory PFJ, and Cardiovascular Nutrition Laboratory SL F, Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA the Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Cooperative Engineering, University of St Thomas, Houston, TX JLF the Translational Gerontology Branch TT and LF and Laboratory of Neurogenetics DGH, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, MD the Divisions of Sleep and Circadian Disorders BEC, DJG, RS, and FAJLS and Cardiovascular Medicine and Channing Division of Network Medicine DM, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA the Divisions of Sleep Medicine BEC, DJG, and FAJLS and Cardiovascular Medicine and Channing Division of Network Medicine DM, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA the Sleep Disorders Center, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA DJG the Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA AH and DM the Center for Human Genetic Research and Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA RS the Departments of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services LK and TP and Chronic Disease Prevention M MP, MP, ASH, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 101:135-43. 2015..Also, common genetic variants in the human Circadian Locomotor Output Cycles Kaput (CLOCK) show associations with ghrelin and total energy intake...
- Genome-wide association study identifies novel loci associated with concentrations of four plasma phospholipid fatty acids in the de novo lipogenesis pathway: results from the Cohorts for Heart and Aging Research in Genomic Epidemiology (CHARGE) consortiuJason H Y Wu
Department of Epidemiology and Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 6:171-83. 2013..These results expand our knowledge of genetic factors relevant to de novo lipogenesis and fatty acid biology...
- Common variants at 30 loci contribute to polygenic dyslipidemiaSekar Kathiresan
Cardiovascular Research Center and Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nat Genet 41:56-65. 2009..These results suggest that the cumulative effect of multiple common variants contributes to polygenic dyslipidemia...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies for circulating phylloquinone concentrationsHassan S Dashti
From the Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory HSD, CES, Kr, and JMO, Vitamin K Laboratory MKS and SLB, Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, MA the Translational Gerontology Branch TT, Laboratory of Neurogenetics MAN, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, MD the Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA AH the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN TJW the Institute for Translational Genomics and Population Sciences, Los Angeles BioMedical Research Institute and Department of Pediatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA XG and JY the Department of Public Health Sciences YL, Sticht Center on Aging SBK, Wake Forest Medical Center, Winston Salem, NC Medical Genetics Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA DL the Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA WCJ Boston University and National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA EJB the Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA EJB New York Academy of Medicine, New York, NY DSS the Department of Epidemiology
Am J Clin Nutr 100:1462-9. 2014..Although a strong genetic component has been hypothesized, this has yet to be examined by a genome-wide association (GWA) study...
- Common variants associated with plasma triglycerides and risk for coronary artery diseaseRon Do
1 Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA 2 Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA 3 Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA 4 Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 45:1345-52. 2013..These results suggest that triglyceride-rich lipoproteins causally influence risk for CAD. ..
- Novel locus including FGF21 is associated with dietary macronutrient intakeAudrey Y Chu
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Hum Mol Genet 22:1895-902. 2013..9 × 10(-9)). A cytokine involved in cellular metabolism, FGF21 is a potential susceptibility gene for obesity and type 2 diabetes. Our results highlight the potential of genetic variation for determining dietary macronutrient intake...
- Genome-wide association study identifies eight loci associated with blood pressureChristopher Newton-Cheh
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 41:666-76. 2009..These associations between common variants and blood pressure and hypertension offer mechanistic insights into the regulation of blood pressure and may point to novel targets for interventions to prevent cardiovascular disease...
- Two independent apolipoprotein A5 haplotypes modulate postprandial lipoprotein metabolism in a healthy Caucasian populationRafael Moreno-Luna
Unit of Lipids and Atherosclerosis, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Avda Menendez Pidal, Cordoba, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2280-5. 2007..1259T>C) in the APOA5 gene define three common haplotypes (APOA5*1, APOA5*2, and APOA5*3) in Caucasian individuals. Our aim was to determine whether these haplotypes could modulate the postprandial response in young healthy males...
- Phosphodiesterase 8B gene variants are associated with serum TSH levels and thyroid functionLisette Arnaud-Lopez
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Am J Hum Genet 82:1270-80. 2008..This would affect production of T4 and T3 and feedback to alter TSH release by the pituitary. PDE8B may thus provide a candidate target for the treatment of thyroid dysfunction...
- An apolipoprotein A-II polymorphism (-265T/C, rs5082) regulates postprandial response to a saturated fat overload in healthy menJavier Delgado-Lista
Lipids and Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain
J Nutr 137:2024-8. 2007..This finding may partially explain the role of Apo A-II in lipid metabolism and can identify a population with a decreased risk of cardiovascular disease, as corresponds to the lower level of postprandial hypertriglyceridemia...